Grouping communication disorders and ASD together

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 5:32 pm

I consider communication disorders and Autism Spectrum Disorder to be Developmental Communication Angosia.

I call it Developmental Communication Angosia Spectrum Disorder.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 8:23 pm

Grouping communication disorders and Autism Spectrum Disorders together.

I consider communication disorders and Autism Spectrum Disorder to be Developmental Communication Angosia.

I call it Developmental Communication Angosia Spectrum Disorder.

I made a new diagnostic disorder for communication disorders and ASD for ICD-11 and DSM-5.

I am not a medical professional of any kind. I just have an autistic interests in forensics, psychology, neurology, psychiatry, neuropsychiatry, neuroopthalmology, criminology and criminal statistics and victimology and neuropsychology.

This new disorder includes symptoms of ASD and other communication delays as well.

Best regards,

Oren Franz

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 8:40 pm

You should not have to have restricted interests and repetitive behaviors to have PDD.

I changed the meaning of it now.

But restricted interests and repetitive behaviors is a core symptom of PDD.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:52 pm

You cannot make a new diagnosis for the DSM 5 or the ICD 11. First of all because they are already published, and secondly, it doesn't work like that. Diagnoses for these big manuals are created by teams of specialized researchers after years of study. You cannot just change the meanings of things.

Also, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) is no longer included in either the DSM 5 or the ICD 11.

Agnosia is a very specific condition. It can't be used as a catch all term, and it does not describe the general problems associated with either autism or any communication disorder. There are many different types of communication disorders that are described in both the DSM and ICD, some share similar features to the communication difficulties that happen in autism and some do not.

Even though autism has communication difficulties as a feature of it, it is much more than just communication difficulties, so I would be surprised if it was ever put into a category of broader communication disorders. Though in the DSM 5 autism and the different communication disorders are under the same broader category of Neurodevelopmental disorders. I do not know how the ICD is structured.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 10:28 pm

Thank you! It makes sense.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 11:02 pm

Symptoms of Developmental Communication Angosia Spectrum Disorder includes:

(Symptoms of Developmental Communication Angosia, also known as "aucory" is divided into divided into five different subgroups)

Quote:
nca14 wrote:

- social-communicational (dyssemia - impairment of nonverbal communication, problems with social reciprocity (such as one-sided conversations), social ineptitude and failures in social contacts, lack of friends, problems with pragmatic use of language or delayed development of speech),
- emotional and thought content (atypical, obsessive, narrow interests, obsessive-compulsive symptoms, routines and rituals, magical or bizarre thinking, atypical emotional reactions (such as paragelia - inappropiate, uncontrolled laughter)),
- executive functioning (EF) and movemental (EF disorders, attention deficits, sluggish cognitive tempo (SCT); hyperactivity, hyperkinetic behavior, restlessness, stims, tics),
- somatic (poor strength and endurance, perinatal issues such as hypotrophy or pre-term birth, sensory processing disorders and sensory idiosyncracies or problems with dealing with unpleasant sensory stimuli)
- cognitive and motoric (dysharmonic IQ profile, dyslexia, dyscalculia; clumsiness (to a different degree)).

I give credit to nca14. His or her symptoms of ASD/PDD is written clearly.

Thank you nca14! I appreciate your clear explanation of ASD/PDD.

You should NOT need to have restricted interests and repetitive behaviours to have ASD/PDD. In fact ID, communication disorders, Stereotypic Movement Disorder are a core features of ASD.

As next time, in the new DSM and ICD, they should change it into “Autism Spectrum and Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders”, because Intellectual Disabilities ( a severe form of commucnation disorder), Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder, Unspecified Communication Disorder and Stereotypic Movement Disorder are core features of ASD.

Autism Spectrum and Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders includes:

- ASD level 3: Intellectual Disabilities
- ASD level 2: Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder and Unspecified Communication Disorder
- ASD level 1: Stereotypic Movement Disorder

I hope it makes sense!

Source that Intellectual Disorders, communication disorders, Stereotypic Movement Disorder and ASD are actually Pervasive Developmental Disorders. In fact, you can have communication disorders, Stereotypic Movement Disorder and ASD without Intellectual Disorders. Intellectual Disabilities are level 3 ASD.

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/all ... ation-page

The correct term is "Autism Spectrum and Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders".

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 12:23 am

You need to stop saying that level 3 autism and Intellectual Disability are the same thing. They are not. This has been explained to you multiple times. Intellectual Disability and autism are 2 separate things. People can have both, but they are very separate things made up of different symptoms.

Intellectual Disability is not a severe form of a communication disorder. It can include problems with communication, but it is not a communication disorder. It is a combination of low IQ scores and problems with adaptive functioning.

There is already a category for autism, communication disorders, intellectual disability and stereotypic movement disorder. The category is neurodevelopmental disorders.

Intellectual Disorders, communication disorders, Stereotypic Movement Disorder and ASD are NOT Pervasive Developmental Disorders. PDD is a term that is no longer being used and it referred to just ASD. ID, communication disorders, and movement disorders are all separate disorders. Even when combined, they do not equal autism. That is not how the diagnoses work.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 12:38 am

I agree! It's have been confusing to me at first, because of of how Wikipedia and NIH said about low-functioning Autism.

Source:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... XZlaChYvoi

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1374418/

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 7:13 am

Thank you! I understood.

I though they are Permissive Developmental Disorders, because it has core features of ASD and Stereotypic Movement Disorder looks very similar to ASD.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 10:48 am

"High-functioning autism" and "low-functioning autism" never were official diagnostic terms. They were informally used to mean "autism without intellectual disability" and "autism with intellectual disability," respectively.

It is now understood that intellectual disability is a separate issue from severity of autism per se. So the DSM 5 now has three levels of severity for autism, each of which can occur "with or without" intellectual disability.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 12:09 pm

Thank you! It makes sense now.