Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 6:45 pm

I am sorry this happened. I don't think you did anything wrong. Leave her be for now, maybe after a while she will apologize.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2021, 1:20 pm

AprilR wrote:
I am sorry this happened. I don't think you did anything wrong. Leave her be for now, maybe after a while she will apologize.

Highly doubt it she's the type to be petty for ages so I think I'm better off

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2021, 9:47 pm

Seems like I am indeed better off, coworker and I went through the drive through and this former friend happened to be working. I was polite and merely asked how she was, she shot me daggers and got a attitude. I feel a lot better without her around I think

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 2:58 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
Seems like I am indeed better off, coworker and I went through the drive through and this former friend happened to be working. I was polite and merely asked how she was, she shot me daggers and got a attitude. I feel a lot better without her around I think

I have dealt with people like her myself who tend to overreact and create drama for themselves.

One example though we were not friends... but minor acquaintances

This one time, I carpooled up to another part of my city as there was not public transportation to get there. The driver happened bring along his roommate and her little girl to a meet-up group. Though I sensed that she seemed like a mean person, the ride up was pleasant and we appeared to get along. On the ride home that evening, I made the mistake of stepping over this lady's boundaries by attempting to correct the little girl a few times. It was during the trip home that her her mommy was mad at me and even dropped a hint that she didn't like me. Right after that, she blocked me which was sad because she had a few meet-up events at her house but I go left out. When I confronted her, she wanted to lock horns with me, which I ignored.

I came to find out later on, after her roommate moved that this person thinks she's right all the time and tends to overreact to everything.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jun 2021, 3:16 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

I have dealt with people like her myself who tend to overreact and create drama for themselves.

One example though we were not friends... but minor acquaintances

This one time, I carpooled up to another part of my city as there was not public transportation to get there. The driver happened bring along his roommate and her little girl to a meet-up group. Though I sensed that she seemed like a mean person, the ride up was pleasant and we appeared to get along. On the ride home that evening, I made the mistake of stepping over this lady's boundaries by attempting to correct the little girl a few times. It was during the trip home that her her mommy was mad at me and even dropped a hint that she didn't like me. Right after that, she blocked me which was sad because she had a few meet-up events at her house but I go left out. When I confronted her, she wanted to lock horns with me, which I ignored.

I came to find out later on, after her roommate moved that this person thinks she's right all the time and tends to overreact to everything.

I just ignore her attempting to start stuff, since she gives me the silent treatment pretending I don't even exist and makes my coworker ring her up so she don't "have to deal with" me. It's just fine i keep doing my job like I should. I may talk to my boss about this unneeded drama otherwise I may find another job. I don't like how she drags my coworker and best friend into this crap. I'm not too sure how much id trust the coworker either though as I think I heard her talking bad about me behind my back. I've done nothing but been friendly to my coworker and even give her rides home if we close. I overhear anything like that again that'll stop too

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:03 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
. . . Though I sensed that she seemed like a mean person, the ride up was pleasant and we appeared to get along. . .
I think you handled this well. Yes, pay attention to that feeling but also the possibility that you might be wrong. Meaning, get to know her step by step. Instead, it turns out that she's an aggressive person who tends to overreact.

So, your first read was largely correct.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:09 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
. . . I've done nothing but been friendly to my coworker and even give her rides home if we close. I overhear anything like that again that'll stop too
And I think that's a good rhythm. We don't need to be so on-guard that we respond to something the very first time it happens. Heck, as persons on the spectrum, we tend to be too much on guard anyway.

I think speaking up the second time is very much the sweet spot.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2021, 1:10 pm

Things get more dumber and dumber with this, I've been applying for other jobs cause I already wanted something better in the first place. But my coworker who seems to be in on the drama, wasn't working yesterday when she came so I had to ring her up. I was polite and asked how she was, which is part of my job as a cashier and she got all mad. It's like sorry that's my job, to be friendly to customers while I ring them up. My coworker also commented "I know you're not on the best terms with so and so" about how she got fired from this same place for never showing up to work. I'm done going out of my way to help this other girl if she's gonna be in on the drama, she won't get rides home ag night or whatever. I've done nothing but be friendly and try to get along but there's no need for her to drag that into work

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 3:00 pm

It's just amazing how many friends end up being people who are drama or create it. In all honesty, there are more people who are not capable of being friends or they don't know how.

I have had a handful of "Friends" who turned out to be drama like that where one minute it was "I like you and I think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread." Then the next it's "Wa, wa, wa."

For example, I worked with someone who said we were friends who was very unpredictable. She also lied all the time about everything and gossiped. She liked me one minute and then hated me the next. Like you, I bent over backward for her but she made no effort in return. All the she did was stomp all over everything I did for her.

Last edited by Summer_Twilight on 21 Jun 2021, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2021, 3:08 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
It's just amazing how many friends end up being people who are drama or create it. In all honesty, there are more people who are not capable of being friends or they don't know how.

I have had a handful of "Friends" who turned out to be drama like that where one minute it was "I like you and I think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread." Then the next it's "Wa, wa, wa."

For example, I worked with someone who said we were friends who was very unpredictable. She also lied all the time about everything and gossiped.

It's all incredibly childish I'm doing my best to ignore it all while I find a better job. I have a few minor things going on like car repairs but other then that things ain't too bad

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 3:17 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

For example, I worked with someone who said we were friends who was very unpredictable. She also lied all the time about everything and gossiped.

It's all incredibly childish I'm doing my best to ignore it all while I find a better job. I have a few minor things going on like car repairs but other then that things ain't too bad

I know where you are coming from, I started looking for a job when this frenemy started ganged up against me with a few other co-workers. That said, she ended up quitting not long after