Facebook banned me for supporting Palestinian lives

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

salad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 9:42 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Not meaning to minimize your distress, salad; but maybe posts on this theme should go in PPR (Politics, Philosophy and Religion) rather than the Haven. Because it feels like the issue is getting too heated for this forum.

I apologize. Ill stop posting in the Haven anything to do with this topic.

Master Oogway

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 9:45 am

salad wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Not meaning to minimize your distress, salad; but maybe posts on this theme should go in PPR (Politics, Philosophy and Religion) rather than the Haven. Because it feels like the issue is getting too heated for this forum.
It is not your fault, Salad.  Topics get heated whenever racism rears its ugly head.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 May 2021, 9:48 am

salad wrote:
Please don't - The Haven exists for topics like this, even if there might be race/religion involved. Those aspects alone are not sufficient to warrant a move to PPR.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 4:21 pm

BeaArthur wrote:

The issue IS heated.
And Can Not be any other way.
Salad has family in the area and they can be placed in great danger at any moment, even right now, because of how heated international politics and ethnic politics have gotten where they live.
And they will repeatedly be in danger time and time again because of those heated issues.
And that kind of stress is very, very, hard on a person.

And now some editorial content - from what I've seen since 2009 in PPR, it could, nay, would, quickly happen that the real live human beings with hearts and souls and fears and hopes and dreams, would get forgotten about under a flood of ideological arguments.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 4:26 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
The issue IS heated.
And Can Not be any other way.
Salad has family in the area and they can be placed in great danger at any moment, even right now, because of how heated international politics and ethnic politics have gotten where they live.
And they will repeatedly be in danger time and time again because of those heated issues.
And that kind of stress is very, very, hard on a person.

I understand that, and I have expressed my sympathy with his, and their, plight. I just was afraid that sympathies on either side would cause undue tension in the Haven; but Cornflake disagrees, and I'm OK with that.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 5:05 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
I just was afraid that sympathies on either side would cause undue tension in the Haven

Totally understandable, and well within the realm of potential human behaviors.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 5:18 pm

Facebook will find a reason to ban anybody.

Om Nom hugs :heart: