Is there a chance something like this will happen ?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 11:20 am

alwaysImproving wrote:
The good news is that we know more about viruses than we ever have before, our ability to develop vaccines took an incredible leap forward this year, and the odds in any random year are still pretty low.
The potentially very bad news is the next Pandemic might have a trickier virus.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 4:49 pm

Chris,

Forget the "100" year rule. I was born not long after a REAL vaccine was created for a HORRIBLE disease! The disease attacked EVERY nerve in the nervous system, except for maybe those actually in the head! SOME unlucky people saw the FULL effects of the disease, and managed to be "saved" close to the last minute. The result? They would be ENTIRELY paralyzed except for maybe the head area, and had to live their lives in a device called an iron lung. It was basically a chamber that fit around their bodies and changed the pressure to force air into their lungs so they could survive. https://www.google.com/search?q=iron+lung&oq=iron+lung Some of the MOST lucky people managed to survive like Franklin Delano Roosevelt(AKA FDR), Had the public known of his disability, he would likely have NEVER been president. But, though a lot of his nerves were SHOT, he managed to work enough that he could go for short walks with a cane, or someone to lean on. If you haven't guessed, the ailment was called POLIO.

I have had relatives that have had pneumonia. Even I have had it! NOT FUN! It can cause you to basically SUFFOCATE! There is MRSA! That kills MANY! It is COMMON IN HOSPITALS IN THE US! There is the FLU, that can lead to pneumonia. There is a corona virus called THE COMMON COLD, that can ALSO give you pneumonia!

Hydrochloroquin was a highly respected, safe, and long used treatment that was BANNED from many places only a few months to WEEKS before "covid" was made public. Ivermectin was treated the SAME WAY! India is using them now in various provinces, and the cases are dropping like flies! People are quickly recovering!

Frankly, I think the "vaccine" is WORSE! You see, the covid "vaccine" is NOTHING OF THE SORT! A vaccine, like for polio, contains a dead or weakened, or weaker cousin, of the virus you are vaccinating for. It causes your body to sense a threat AND PREPARE FOR IT! Take the famous COW POX vaccine, for example! It is a relatively benign, and WEAK cousin to SMALL POX! Originally, a person was scratched, infected with cow pox, and soon the immune system, if attacked with small pox, could fight it off. Polio and the flu work the SAME WAY! Well, the covid "vaccine" is NOTHING like that! IT is an RNA "TREATMENT" that causes your cells to act as if they are infected with covid. The result is incomplete though. The theory is that THIS prompts your immune system. You have to wonder why they don't just give you the dead virus.

And I didn't even talk to you about the German Measles, for example! You see, Measles can make adults, or teenagers STERILE, and BLIND! It is also HARDER on such people. So what did people do? They would take their young kids to kids that were infected with measles, and let them play together! The kids had fun, later had rest, and icecream, and when they were over the MINOR case of the measles, they were IMMUNE! An adult had to be FAR more careful, had a FAR harder time, and could suffer FAR more! Of course NOW, there is a VACCINE for that!

People are attacked by stuff almost every minute of every day. Most stuff you will NEVER know about! It is better that you not bother with wondering about it. There are plants that can kill you! Insects can also! I knew a man once bit by a tiny brown recluse spider! THEY can cause necrotizing fascitis!! !! ! The result can be anything from minor disfigurement to DEATH! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_fasciitis I one time had a coworker that ended up in the hospital because a food preparer didn't clean off the grill before preparing his food. The little bit of residue left on the grill was enough to almost KILL him! He was literally IN THE HOSPITAL!

Believe me, with the technology today, the average person SHOULD NOT have much to worry about! The plants I spoke about are rare. The diseases all have good treatments,etc... Recluse spiders and the like generally DON'T want to be near you. MOST people aren't so allergic and, if they are, have things like epipens, to make their lives better.

As for wars, I don't know why people fight most of the wars they do. I wish they would stop. But that happens randomly. The current theories about the operation of the planets boggle the mind. The earth is spinning INCREDIBLY fast, and also moving through the orbit INCREDIBLY FAST. If EITHER were to suddenly stop, what would happen with all that is on the planet? And the idea of the sun being SO hot, and bright, and for so long? How much farther could it go on? And the sun is approximately TEN LIGHT MINUTES away from us! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS? 9 minutes and 30 seconds before you read this, the sun could have gone DARK!! !! ! That area could be VIRTUALLY FROZEN! And you wouldn't have a CLUE until 30 seconds LATER!! !! ! Hey, look at fukoshima! They had an earthquake! The basin there was EMPTIED! I believe it was calm for a while. It could have been calm for MINUTES! And SUDDENLY, all of that water came crashing back! As bad as the earthquake was, it was likely the return of that water that caused most of the problems there.

So yeah, we can come up with a LOT of things to worry about!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 7:35 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Hydrochloroquin was a highly respected, safe, and long used treatment that was BANNED from many places only a few months to WEEKS before "covid" was made public. Ivermectin was treated the SAME WAY! India is using them now in various provinces, and the cases are dropping like flies! People are quickly recovering!
The reason hydrochloroquine---a perfectly safe drug invented decades ago---was banned, is because Democrats colluded to get it banned by Big Pharma and censored by Big Tech! :evil: They didn't want people having access to a quick, easy treatment for a scamdemic they created. If hydrochloroquine was released to the public before Trump lost the election, the Election Infection Virus would quickly become a nonissue, the whole scamdemic would be in vain, and George Soros's money would be wasted. And even a corrupt billionaire doesn't like wasting money.

It's no different than a the\rapist refusing to give you advice or refer you to a psychiatrist for an antidepressant prescription. If you recover and feel better quickly, you stop giving them income. That's why the\rapists prefer to dangle happiness just out of your reach, as they gaslight you, emotionally abuse you, tell you hurtful things just to watch you squirm uneasily in your chair, and give you false promises of happiness for months, if not years, on end.

Trump was far from perfect. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 11:18 pm

I've seen a pattern that these pandemics come around every 100 years. The next pandemic will be even deadlier than Covid.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 1:43 am

I think there are so many things that could go horribly wrong that I'm glad I don't have the patience to worry about them all. I was brought up in the shadow of the nuclear bomb, but so far I've not had one go off near me. I knew of a bloke in the 1980s who worked feverishly for weeks to make a nuclear bunker. But he was prone to anxiety generally. I tend to just get on with life and hope I'll dodge anything really nasty. I suppose most people have rather a nasty death one way or another anyway, and the big holocaust-type things are mostly under the "control" of people who won't listen to me.

The COVID thing has been enough of an immediate threat for me to take it very seriously because of having a wife who qualifies as being one likely to be killed by it if she catches it, and because of my having no health insurance in the USA (so hospitalisation would probably mean bankruptcy), but as the effect on my life has been limited to social isolation (not much change there!) and getting a couple of jabs, it's starting to look like we'll get away with it.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 12:00 pm

I suppose its just a random thing that happens in the world, just like anything that happens such as the weather (e.g. one minute its nice, sunny, pleasant and hot and then the next minute its stormy and cold) or if someone has a collision with another car outside my house even though the chances of that are rare, it can happen.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 12:45 pm

Joe90 wrote:
(although the whole world is acting like COVID is worse than Spanish flu, AIDS and ebola put together).

Aspie1 wrote:
The reason hydrochloroquine---a perfectly safe drug invented decades ago---was banned, is because Democrats colluded to get it banned by Big Pharma and censored by Big Tech! :evil: .

that was bigger than "democrats", and I think Ted Turner and the Donald are having a good laugh behind the scenes.