NYC prosecutor convenes Trump case Grand Jury

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 10:52 am

NYC prosecutor convenes grand jury, signaling charges could be coming - report

Quote:
The prosecutor overseeing the criminal probe into former President Donald Trump, his close orbit and his business has convened a grand jury that could decide on any indictments, according to a report on Tuesday.

The Washington Post first reported that Cyrus Vance, the Manhattan district attorney, recently convened the grand jury that will sit three days a week for six months. According to the Post, the grand jury will hear several matters beyond just Trump's during that time.

The investigation has been examining potential tax and bank-related fraud. Prosecutors are especially interested in whether Trump overvalued his properties and obscured debts in order to obtain valuable loans and other financial negotiations.

The convening of the grand jury indicates that Vance believes he has a case against Trump or someone else in his orbit.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 11:00 am

Because of COVID, grand juries weren't convened in New York County for most of 2020.

This means that it is possible that an indictment will be bought against Trump or somebody closely associated with Trump.

If one is indicted, one is being charged with a felony, and is subject to arrest.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 11:10 am

If he believed he had a case, he wouldn't need a grand jury.

Be the hero of your life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 11:13 am

In the vast majority of cases, a grand jury is needed to indict/charge a person with a felony, in the United States.

All people charged with a felony have been indicted, whether via a grand jury, or by an arrest warrant issued.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 11:45 am

I wish our government would work this hard to find real criminals instead of going on these witch hunts.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 12:03 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I wish our government would work this hard to find real criminals instead of going on these witch hunts.

They are pursuing a 'real criminal' or does this criminal deserve immunity for some reason?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

salad
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 12:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

They are pursuing a 'real criminal' or does this criminal deserve immunity for some reason?

I mean why isn't Hillary Clinton locked up in Guantanamo Bay since she's 10x the criminal Trump ever was.....

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 12:10 pm

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

I mean why isn't Hillary Clinton locked up in Guantanamo Bay since she's 10x the criminal Trump ever was.....

I'm not certain, both of them enjoy the privilege that comes with being wealthy and famous.

10x seems like an exaggeration when one of them has been laundering money for Russian mobsters for decades, along with other financial crimes.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:12 pm

Trump is a sore loser; that's why there was the Capitol Insurrection. And the Extortionate Phone Call.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 2:57 pm

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

You are Correct Sir!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 2:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

You have to commit a crime first before being labeled a criminal. Like Hillary for instance.