Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:08 pm

I don’t like ‘em. Wearing any kind other than the ones I tolerate (thin, ankle socks) irritate me. I remember wearing the golden toe kind as a kid and hated the feeling. I rather go barefoot but alas, society does not allow me.

That is all. :)

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:11 pm

I don't like ankle socks, I can deal with the elastic better higher up.

I don't care for socks at all a lot of the time, but I do like brand new thin (dress) socks when it's cold.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:15 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I don't care for socks at all a lot of the time, but I do like brand new thin (dress) socks when it's cold.

Honestly I like the fuzzy socks that have a grippy bottom. I don’t know why but the brain doesn’t get bothered.

~~~~

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:19 pm

honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Honestly I like the fuzzy socks that have a grippy bottom. I don’t know why but the brain doesn’t get bothered.

Maybe it does but you're able to ignore it because you're fond of them? I know I've had articles of clothing that should be absolute sensory nightmares but yet, I like them enough those feelings just sorta compartmentalize themselves.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Maybe it does but you're able to ignore it because you're fond of them? I know I've had articles of clothing that should be absolute sensory nightmares but yet, I like them enough those feelings just sorta compartmentalize themselves.

Probably. It’s just weird what should be annoying isn’t.

~~~~

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:24 pm

honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Yeah, I always find it interesting the things that dodge my usual issues.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Do you like slippers?

~~~~

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 9:44 pm

honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Do you like slippers?

I've gone through phases on them. I've owned pairs that I like but I don't end up replacing them very often so I don't wear (or own) them often.

tl;dr: it's complicated

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 10:09 pm

I hate wearing only socks on my feet. But I also hate wearing shoes without socks. I am rather particular about my socks, though. I will only wear ankle socks, I hate the feeling of anything tight on my legs and also the bit of shoe I feel over the top of “no-shows.” But even the ankle socks can’t be too tight and I have to not be able to feel any seams, textures, or lumps. I detest anything between my toes, as well. Along with the noise they make, flip-flops seem designed to be torture devices.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 10:14 pm

honeytoast wrote:
It’s just weird what should be annoying isn’t.

I have big, thick socks that I wear when it gets cold in the house, but they can definitely get annoying at times, especially if my stress levels are already high.

But at least they don't have those annoying seams like normal socks do.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 11:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Do you like slippers?

I've gone through phases on them. I've owned pairs that I like but I don't end up replacing them very often so I don't wear (or own) them often.

tl;dr: it's complicated

Loool same. I only wear slippers when I visit my family because the flooring is different and I don’t want to dirty my feet.

~~~~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 11:16 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
It’s just weird what should be annoying isn’t.

I have big, thick socks that I wear when it gets cold in the house, but they can definitely get annoying at times, especially if my stress levels are already high.

But at least they don't have those annoying seams like normal socks do.

Agreed! I like those socks but I tend to lose them.

~~~~

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 11:22 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Loool same. I only wear slippers when I visit my family because the flooring is different and I don’t want to dirty my feet.

When I was obsessed with peoples from the steppes I wore slippers that looked like boots until they wore out, along with a housecoat. I also had a Phrygian cap with earflaps made. As long as I didn't wear my sword and hat outside of my room I managed to have plausible deniability while dressed like this.

I went out dressed like this while I was living on my own briefly.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 May 2021, 1:45 am

I wear medical socks for diabetics. The're soft and don't squeeze your calf.
So does my Aspie daughter.
I wear sandals whenever the weather is kinda warm and go barefoot whenever I can.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 3:31 am

Me neither, but in a country where it's not warm year around they're a necessary evil. Fortunately, we're about to enter the time of the year where one can go without them. I'm not wearing any right now, either.

Personally, I hate ankle socks. Feels like they're slipping off all the time. I also hate the fact that socks these days break so fast from the bottoms.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 4:39 am

I don't like low socks, but I like normal socks but they have to be loose fitting. It is hard to find socks I get on with.
Yes, socks are available, but they can be difficult to find the ones I like because I don't know until I have tried them.