I might have just been robbed of an opportunity

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 7:31 pm

I am still mad. It’s hard for me to figure out where to begin.

This post is sort of a sequel to something that occurred a couple months ago that I posted about on here. I’ll just leave the link right here instead of rehashing everything:

viewtopic.php?t=395427

So, here’s why I am posting this in L&D: I have been interested in one of her friends, who I have been friends with on Facebook for a while. Because I have never met this girl in person before, I decided to send a text to Marie(the girl I likes’ friend, who I’ve known for a few years, who was the subject of the post I linked to. That’s what I’ll continue to call her here)asking her to set me up with her friend. Here’s a quick summary of how that turned out: Marie is still mad at me over that text message I sent her and told me to stay away from her friend bc “how you treated me shows how you’ll treat her”.

I’m furious. I’m scared that I may have just been robbed of a relationship bc of how this girls friend overreacted to something and that she hasn’t gotten over it nearly 3 months later.

My mom told me that she can talk to be about how I can get Marie to not be as mad at me, so this situation isn’t over yet. But sadly I think it’s possible that Marie’s opinion of me will prevent any relationship from ever happening between me and her friend.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 7:36 pm

Marie thought you were sort of butting into her business. This was the reason for her reaction.

Zach could take care of himself.

You folks aren’t good real-life friends, so Marie found you to be presumptuous.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 10:27 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
I am still mad. It’s hard for me to figure out where to begin.

This post is sort of a sequel to something that occurred a couple months ago that I posted about on here. I’ll just leave the link right here instead of rehashing everything:

viewtopic.php?t=395427

I read it just now and commented on it.

CubsBullsBears wrote:
So, here’s why I am posting this in L&D: I have been interested in one of her friends, who I have been friends with on Facebook for a while. Because I have never met this girl in person before, I decided to send a text to Marie(the girl I likes’ friend, who I’ve known for a few years, who was the subject of the post I linked to. That’s what I’ll continue to call her here)asking her to set me up with her friend. Here’s a quick summary of how that turned out: Marie is still mad at me over that text message I sent her and told me to stay away from her friend bc “how you treated me shows how you’ll treat her”.

I’m furious. I’m scared that I may have just been robbed of a relationship bc of how this girls friend overreacted to something and that she hasn’t gotten over it nearly 3 months later.

My mom told me that she can talk to be about how I can get Marie to not be as mad at me, so this situation isn’t over yet. But sadly I think it’s possible that Marie’s opinion of me will prevent any relationship from ever happening between me and her friend.

Hopefully your mom can give you good advice. Hopefully you can apologize to Marie in a way that she can accept.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 10:59 am

A person who brings a gf/bf to a place where the recent ex is present is certainly an insensitive b***h and most likely is trolling the ex.

You are also sad over a girl you never met, it is pointless to even think about it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jun 2021, 11:04 am

I read the other post about the history bit & I don't have much to say on that except it is best to not get involved in situations & personal affairs between others that you are not being put in the middle of. In general I do not think it's a good idea to try & go through "friends" to get a specific girl or guy you like unless there is no other way you can contact em. Have you ever heard of the telephone game? You can NOT trust that the information your getting & the information the friends are giving won't be twisted around & you never know when someone will have their own agenda. My advice for what it is worth is to leave Marie off the table for now on. Do not talk to her unless you see her in person & she says something to you. If you are interested in the friend & you know her online, make a move on the friend yourself online & say nothing at all about Marie unless the friend brings up that she told her something. Then you can maybe try to explain. If Marie already warned her friend about you & the friend wants nothing to do with you. There is nothing you can do about that except to consider the friend not interested in you & move on.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 11:27 am

So, since when did it become not ok to help out a friend? And why shouldn’t I have done that based off of the information I had at the time? It is not my fault that I heard conflicting things from people.

Btw, Zack and I have become even better friends since he and Marie broke up. He supported me when Marie lashed out at me back in March and when I told him about what happened yesterday too. Zack and I have plans to hang out this Friday.

The vibe I’m getting from you guys is that I deserved what happened to me yesterday, when really Marie is obviously being overly dramatic about the situation, especially now that it’s been 3 months after the fact.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 11:29 am

^ No, I am with you, Marie is being bitchy because you were right; you hit a nerve right there, I would say she even planned to hurt Zack like that - no considerate person would do that.

Typical childish heart games.

Ps. Reverse the genders in the main thread and I am bet most posters here would had said that the guy is being jerk for bringing his current gf to a gathering where his *recent* ex is present. :p

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 01 Jun 2021, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 11:31 am

I get that I didn’t HAVE to do that, but this is now a matter me paying a harsh price(being robbed of a potential romantic relationship)for that one misunderstanding. I have been treated unfairly many times over the years and I am sick and tired of it.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 11:33 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ No, I am with you, Marie is being bitchy because you were right; you hit a nerve right there, I would say she even planned to hurt Zack like that - no considerate person would do that.

I was talking about what the other commenters have said.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jun 2021, 1:59 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
I get that I didn’t HAVE to do that, but this is now a matter me paying a harsh price(being robbed of a potential romantic relationship)for that one misunderstanding. I have been treated unfairly many times over the years and I am sick and tired of it.
I am NOT saying that you deserved to have Marie cockblock/sabotage your potential relationship like that & I agree that is b!tchy of her. Very unfortunately the world can be extremely unfair sometimes & us Aspies tend to be much much more at a disadvantage than our non-autistic peers. I tend to make horrible 1st impressions & ruined probably lots of potential relationship opportunities as a result of various misunderstandings. I probably bombed lots of my job interviews as well due to social awkwardness. The best I could realistically do is try to learn from things & do my best to do better in the future. You do not know for sure you will be rejected though unless you try talking to the friend yourself. But people are free to reject you for a relationship, a job, or whatever for any reason they wish. If the friend rejects you because Marie gave you a bad word, that is the friend's decision to make. If that's what's written, then that's what's written.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 2:55 pm

You shouldn’t have butted in, still.

You didn’t know the whole situation.

I’ve done similar things, and got similar reactions.

I learned not to butt into peoples’ situations unless I’m close friends with them.

You might not agree….but this is my view on the matter.

I’m glad you’re still friends with Zach.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 3:01 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
I get that I didn’t HAVE to do that, but this is now a matter me paying a harsh price (being robbed of a potential romantic relationship) for that one misunderstanding. I have been treated unfairly many times over the years and I am sick and tired of it.
You were not robbed.  You threw away your chance by defending a friend.  That is just how life works.

Learn to deal with it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 5:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Ps. Reverse the genders in the main thread and I am bet most posters here would had said that the guy is being jerk for bringing his current gf to a gathering where his *recent* ex is present. :p

No one in this thread has said that it was fine for Marie to bring her ex to the gathering. The question at issue is not whether Marie was justified in bringing her ex to the gathering, but whether it was socially appropriate for CubsBullsBears to butt in.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 7:55 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No one in this thread has said that it was fine for Marie to bring her ex to the gathering. The question at issue is not whether Marie was justified in bringing her ex to the gathering, but whether it was socially appropriate for CubsBullsBears to butt in.

He's a "Buttinski".