The Sylvester Stallone speech that turned my life around

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 3:53 pm

While my fiancee is busy getting her eyebrows done, nails pedicured, face adorned with henna, and hair washed at a Muslim salon only for women, I thought I'd do a story time here and share something really motivational and that was the catalyst and spark for me turning my life around. I think everyone is familiar with the American actor Sylvester Stallone, the one known for his roles in the "Rambo" and "Rocky" franchises. The guy actually wrote the movie "Rocky" about a hard working drifter seeking to get a taste of the American dream by becoming a boxer and arduously fighting his way to success. What few people don't know is that the movie "Rocky" is highly autobiographical with its gritty themes of hard work and determination reflecting Sylvester Stallone's own struggle to make it to the top, enduring poverty, eviction, and many hardships that he endured even while writing his script for "Rocky" in a cramped 1 room apartment he barely even had the money to pay rent for. The "Rocky" franchise reflects the underdog ethos of its creator and rawly conveys the brutality and discipline it takes to succeed in a dog eat dog world mired by hardships and obstacles along the way.

While the Rocky franchise definitely inspired me there is one speech from the 6th movie that I began to watch this year that really helped turn my life around and was actually the major catalyst for me to break out of the cycle of depression and hopeless negativity and try to take charge of my life by any means necessary.

It is this short 3 minute speech down below:

What made this speech so powerful is that while it is Sylvester Stallone speaking as his protagonist Rocky Balboa to his fictional son, in actuality this is Sylvester Stallone speaking candidly and rawly to all of us, his audience, about the price of success as he himself knows that struggle on a deeper level than even his own movie can convey.

Before listening to his speech I spent all my time looking backwards at my life and how everything in life made me a failure: my genetics, my parents, Israel, this or that, and I spent my entire time stuck in a perpetual loop of hopeless negativity where all I knew how to do was sulk sullenly about everything that ruined my life and just stay down depressed

After watching this speech everyday for several months I slowly regained the momentum and the will to change my life and turn it around, 1st by eating clean, then exercise, then cold showers, then proactive choices, and finally being certain in myself as the master of my life, until now I'm happily engaged and embarking on the next phase of my life.

While I can say I'm the one that made it happen I do have to give credit to Sylvester Stallone for his riveting and inspiring speech which was the catalyst for me to get out of the depressive slump I was stuck in and actually do what it took to turn my life around for the better.

Thank you Sylvester Stallone!! ! Without you I dont think I would have ever come as far as I have in life.

It's a tragedy that his speech and acting in the above scene didn't win an Oscar. Absolute travesty and robbery in my honest opinion

Master Oogway

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 2:11 am

I’m glad the speech inspired you.

I still feel the first Rocky was the best Rocky.