How do you get turned on a by a really goodlooking woman?

Page 6 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 10:40 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay. I suppose women I have went out with the in the past have done this to themselves too that I know.

inappropriately low self-esteem is a big problem among those of us on the spectrum, male and female.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 10:53 pm

Well another thing is, if you really like the person you are dating, is it normal to think of them as much higher than you? Is this why maybe I am use to dating women I think are not as high as me, because doing so in the past, made me feel more comfortable perhaps, if that makes sense?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 11:05 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well another thing is, if you really like the person you are dating, is it normal to think of them as much higher than you? Is this why maybe I am use to dating women I think are not as high as me, because doing so in the past, made me feel more comfortable perhaps, if that makes sense?

putting people on pedestals is deadly for relationships and you should eschew that ASAP. you are EQUALS in the eyes of the creator.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 11:07 pm

Oh I didn't think I was putting her on a pedestal, I just think she is a really awesome person that I couldn't be, unless that's putting on a pedestal?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 11:18 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh I didn't think I was putting her on a pedestal, I just think she is a really awesome person that I couldn't be, unless that's putting on a pedestal?

"that I couldn't be" is another way of expressing that you think she is better than you. don't think she is better than you, but be thankful to her for welcoming you into her life. eventually you will want to express appreciation to her somehow for her inviting you into her life.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 11:19 pm

Oh I definitely want to give her appreciation now for sure, and I like that she did that. I guess it's hard for me to ride it as an ego boost, but maybe I don't have enough of an ego?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 11:20 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh I definitely want to give her appreciation now for sure, and I like that she did that. I guess it's hard for me to ride it as an ego boost, but maybe I don't have enough of an ego?

again, stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself, "OF COURSE SHE CHOSE ME!"

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 12:17 am

Okay, but as long as her choosing me as not superficial based mostly on looks, since I don't know what else she finds appealing, since I barely have a past to talk about.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 12:26 am

ironpony wrote:
Okay, but as long as her choosing me as not superficial based mostly on looks, since I don't know what else she finds appealing, since I barely have a past to talk about.

your past matters far less, than your present and your future. :idea:

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 12:34 am

I guess I just get jealous that other people have good memories but not me, and her being so young re-iterates those memories, especially since that's what she talks about, with her age.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 12:42 am

ironpony wrote:
I guess I just get jealous that other people have good memories but not me, and her being so young re-iterates those memories, especially since that's what she talks about, with her age.

i don't have a lot of good memories either, you will find the majority of people on this forum are in the same boat as us. that said, you have to start TODAY to build better memories with your sweetie, you are so fortunate to have. just think of it the way i'd think of it, as akin to having finally FINALLY won big on the lotto.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 1:08 am

Okay thanks. I can try to do that. So when she says that I don't talk enough about myself, what should I say then, for when she brings that up again?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 1:17 am

you could say something along the lines of "well, there's not much to know about me, i haven't done enough living yet." other than that, you could say what you like and what you dislike [couched gently].

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 2:49 pm

Oh okay thanks, I can do that. I just thought that might seem like I am dodging the her question maybe.

Well as for people being comfortable with a large age gap vs. not comfortable, she is from a much more liberal part of the country than I am from, or so I have heard, so maybe the more liberal people are, the more comfortable they are with it, if that would play a role?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 9:57 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay thanks, I can do that. I just thought that might seem like I am dodging the her question maybe.

Well as for people being comfortable with a large age gap vs. not comfortable, she is from a much more liberal part of the country than I am from, or so I have heard, so maybe the more liberal people are, the more comfortable they are with it, if that would play a role?

it has been my experience that liberal people are more broadminded and tolerant.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 2:13 am

Oh okay. So if a big age gap like that is not a big deal then and it's fine, how do you get other people to see it that way, as opposed to raised eyebrows and people wanting to talk you out of it?