How could any American ever vote republican again?

Page 13 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,268

30 Jul 2021, 8:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i would not say that was fair or even-handed. i miss being able to watch CBC to get a taste of Up North's news/life. no more cable. outside of direct antenna reception range.


Can you watch it online?



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,616
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Jul 2021, 8:40 pm

Canada’s elections aren’t as “interesting” ( not in a good way)as ours, their’s are more civilized and tame.They haven’t experienced a coup attempt yet.
I watch Reuters world news to get the scoop on global affairs.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,268

30 Jul 2021, 8:43 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Canada’s elections aren’t as “interesting” ( not in a good way)as ours, their’s are more civilized and tame.They haven’t experienced a coup attempt yet.
I watch Reuters world news to get the scoop on global affairs.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shoo ... ll,_Ottawa

https://globalnews.ca/news/7561300/maga ... n-vickers/



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,225
Location: Queens, NYC

30 Jul 2021, 8:45 pm

I watched the BBC a lot when I was home because of COVID.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,616
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Jul 2021, 8:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Canada’s elections aren’t as “interesting” ( not in a good way)as ours, their’s are more civilized and tame.They haven’t experienced a coup attempt yet.
I watch Reuters world news to get the scoop on global affairs.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shoo ... ll,_Ottawa

https://globalnews.ca/news/7561300/maga ... n-vickers/

Well it was just one gunman.Tame.In America we go all out and have a full blown riot. :D


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,589
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jul 2021, 8:49 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i would not say that was fair or even-handed. i miss being able to watch CBC to get a taste of Up North's news/life. no more cable. outside of direct antenna reception range.


Can you watch it online?

no high speed internet either. i do read the CBC website.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,268

30 Jul 2021, 8:51 pm

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mary-s ... -1.6114622

I haven't seen a word about Mary Simon, either.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,589
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jul 2021, 8:53 pm

Misslizard wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Canada’s elections aren’t as “interesting” ( not in a good way)as ours, their’s are more civilized and tame.They haven’t experienced a coup attempt yet.
I watch Reuters world news to get the scoop on global affairs.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shoo ... ll,_Ottawa

https://globalnews.ca/news/7561300/maga ... n-vickers/

Well it was just one gunman.Tame.In America we go all out and have a full blown riot. :D

yes, i think that is what Isabella was getting at with the 2nd link.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,589
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jul 2021, 8:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mary-simon-installed-as-governor-general-1.6114622

I haven't seen a word about Mary Simon, either.

i'm still [as an amuuuuurican] a bit fuzzy about how the GGC functions in the grand scheme of Up North, in terms of her being the Queen's north american representative. is it a power-sharing arrangement with civilian Ottowa?



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,616
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Jul 2021, 9:00 pm

Can you get good radio signals?


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,616
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Jul 2021, 9:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Canada’s elections aren’t as “interesting” ( not in a good way)as ours, their’s are more civilized and tame.They haven’t experienced a coup attempt yet.
I watch Reuters world news to get the scoop on global affairs.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shoo ... ll,_Ottawa

https://globalnews.ca/news/7561300/maga ... n-vickers/

Well it was just one gunman.Tame.In America we go all out and have a full blown riot. :D

yes, i think that is what Isabella was getting at with the 2nd link.

I’m surprised there was even one.They definitely aren’t as gun crazy as we are.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,268

30 Jul 2021, 9:02 pm

Canada's path toward reconciliation for crimes against Indigenous and First Nations people, should be taken as seriously as the BLM movement in America. Mary Simon will lead that journey.

I've only seen the topic of systemic Canadian genocide mentioned in passing, with no comprehensive or comparative discussion.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,589
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Can you get good radio signals?

via CBC radio/NPR, good enough but intermittent depending on atmospheric conditions. :nerdy: NPR carries the CBC's "as it happens" which is an entertaining news program Up North.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,589
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jul 2021, 9:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Canada’s elections aren’t as “interesting” ( not in a good way)as ours, their’s are more civilized and tame.They haven’t experienced a coup attempt yet.
I watch Reuters world news to get the scoop on global affairs.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shoo ... ll,_Ottawa

https://globalnews.ca/news/7561300/maga ... n-vickers/

Well it was just one gunman.Tame.In America we go all out and have a full blown riot. :D

yes, i think that is what Isabella was getting at with the 2nd link.

I’m surprised there was even one.They definitely aren’t as gun crazy as we are.

i remember hearing about it on the network nightly news but it sure didn't get the discussion down here that it ought to have.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,589
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Canada's path toward reconciliation for crimes against Indigenous and First Nations people, should be taken as seriously as the BLM movement in America. Mary Simon will lead that journey.

I've only seen the topic of systemic Canadian genocide mentioned in passing, with no comprehensive or comparative discussion.

some of that lack of discussion might be like what i am thinking of, namely a desire not to discuss another country's problems as that is not my place.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,616
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Jul 2021, 9:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Canada's path toward reconciliation for crimes against Indigenous and First Nations people, should be taken as seriously as the BLM movement in America. Mary Simon will lead that journey.

I've only seen the topic of systemic Canadian genocide mentioned in passing, with no comprehensive or comparative discussion.

some of that lack of discussion might be like what i am thinking of, namely a desire not to discuss another country's problems as that is not my place.

We need to address what our nation did to its indigenous people.We are just as guilty.
The sad thing is this is still happening around the globe.The Uyghur Muslims are being stripped of their culture and language right now in China while the world just stands by.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi