Disneyland I have heard that it is a peopletrap

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:44 am

Get a disability pass when you arrive. My daughter took a doctor's note for her invisible disabilities (Lupus and ASD). They gave her a lanyard so she and her group were able to go front of the line on rides, on top of having a Fast Pass. She still waited about 10 minutes per ride but that was no problem.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 11:12 am

Do they still let people chase Chip ‘n’ Dale with weed-whackers?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 3:28 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It takes $100 or more per person, per day to stand in line 2 to 3 hours for a 7-minute ride.  Plus, ever ride exits into a Disney souvenir store full of schlock made in local Anaheim garages and sweat-shops.
Ride waits can't really be 2-3 hours.  I was there in 1991. Good memories - lots of fun. Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, iirc we swung by Las Vegas that trip, did the Oregon Coast, and we walked across the border into Tijuana.
That was 1991.  I was there about 6 months B.C. (Before Covid), and stood nearly 2 hours in the line for Haunted Mansion, and a little over 3 hours for the Jungle Ride.  That was also the last time I ever went to Disneyland.

Must be letting too many people in and not enough of them complain about long lineups. You'd think they'd do some time studies & economics calculations to determine the optimal mix of price and number of people/ride wait times to see what provides the best guest experience.. but, if too many people and too few complaints = higher profitability, that's what they'll do. Lame.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Aug 2021, 6:57 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Even worse is Disney World.

1. More crazy people because, you know, Florida.

2. More crowded and complex.

3. Greater opportunity for COVID spread because of more people and DeSatan's horrible approach.
I never been to Disney Land but I've been to the World 2wice as a kid & I did NOT enjoy it but then again I'm an Aspie & I hate crowds, love routine & predictability, am not really found of rides, & woulda much rathered been home playing video-games & watching TV during my holiday week off from school.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

07 Aug 2021, 5:54 am

Didn't Disney start with a mouse?

It's not far-fetched to believe he is their clan leader.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 6:21 am

Fnord wrote:
Please define "Peopletrap".
Please define "Mouse".

The latter is connected to your computer

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 4:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It takes $100 or more per person, per day to stand in line 2 to 3 hours for a 7-minute ride.  Plus, ever ride exits into a Disney souvenir store full of schlock made in local Anaheim garages and sweat-shops.
Wow! Anyone would think that they are only in it for the money! Do people actually pay that?
About 51,000 people each day.

Also, it is not unusual to pay $20.00 for a meal with the taste and texture one normally finds in a high school cafeteria.

I've never been. I've always had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, there are some unique experiences, on the other hand, I know a lot of it will be underwhelming, and knowing the true cost not finding a good value there.

As a child, I was terrified of people in character costumes.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

11 Aug 2021, 9:20 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Wow! Anyone would think that they are only in it for the money! Do people actually pay that?
About 51,000 people each day.

Also, it is not unusual to pay $20.00 for a meal with the taste and texture one normally finds in a high school cafeteria.

I've never been. I've always had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, there are some unique experiences, on the other hand, I know a lot of it will be underwhelming, and knowing the true cost not finding a good value there.

As a child, I was terrified of people in character costumes.

Thats not the way you feel about my bunny ears, or my devil horns. You are completely cured. Maybe we should go to Disneyland now :P

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.