Famous People One Thinks Could Be On The Spectrum.

Page 9 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 7:29 am

Steve Martin and Peggy Cass (an actor and TV personality most people under a certain age have probably never heard of). BAP not necessarily full-blown autism.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 7:55 am

BAP is a nice place to be but also a horrible place to be as one gets not help or sympathy! But a nice place to be to be able to delve both into the autistic minds and theallistic minds at the same time!

I thought that I was a BAP but have found I am in way too deep to be a BAP! :D

It actually shocked me in the past when I realized on joining this place I had autism traits. I never knew what I assumed to be my "Unique character traits" were autism traits, and I still don't know which is autism and which is me as they all seem to be me mixed in?

One thing though. I really can recognize my masking traits in others that share them. This is why I can see someone and think to myself "That person could be on the spectrum" (Though I would naturally say to myself "That persons on the spectrum". I added the "Could be" to be kind and add that element of adjustment if they are not).

But it is surprizing how I can pick these things out. My niece I see it straight away! She was totslly non verbal until the age of around five or six when the school insisted she had therapy, but she was soo intelligent with her hand gestures and the way she moved her head and made facial expressions, one could have conversations with her and not even notice that she didn't say a single word! She could ask you or tell you exactly what she wanted! She was absolutely amazing! We never saw it as a dissability at all!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 8:58 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Minuteman wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Trump believes that vaccines always cause autism, but like many, I do not want
to share being on the spectrum with "Pumpkin" because he comes off more as a sociopath.

However like many, I would laugh if someone diagnosed "Pumpkin" with ASD
and seeing him obsessing over the facts of it.

His niece Mary, a psychologist, has all but said he's on the spectrum.

Really?
Ive seen her on TV and on Utube. She says he is a sociopath. But I dont recall hearing her imply that he is on the autism spectrum.

Not that its impossible that he might be.

I can see where the idea that Trump is autistic or has autistic traits comes from. He has no filter, he does not seem to understand how his words hurt others and have backfired on him to the point of him possibly ending up jail.

My arguments against the idea is that understands a significant portion of the American electorate to a degree that still baffles people who are paid to understand the American electorate. He is superskilled at manipulating opponents to react in ways that help him over and over again even though often they know they know how they are being manipulated. This is often called “Trump Derangement Syndrome”. This is the opposite of an autistic trait.

Mary Trump and other psychiatrists and psychologists have opined he is a malicious narcissist. It is important to note that conflating autism and narcissism has been a long term burden on our community.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:13 am

Those superskills can also be traits, because few people who are NT's spend time studying people. They just negotiate the world without thought. An autietically minded person will spend years trying to learn how others think and react. Allistic people don't do this. They just "Do". They just "Are".

I hope this makes sense?

Elon Musk is an example of a highly successful person who has used his autistic character traits to learn people and systems of how things work. Things that others take for granted... Elon Musk goes deep to a level that few other go.

I maybe wrong in what I say as I am still learning autism in its many forms. As the way autism plays out in one person is not the same in how it plays out in another!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:41 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Those superskills can also be traits, because few people who are NT's spend time studying people. They just negotiate the world without thought. An autietically minded person will spend years trying to learn how others think and react. Allistic people don't do this. They just "Do". They just "Are".

I hope this makes sense?

Elon Musk is an example of a highly successful person who has used his autistic character traits to learn people and systems of how things work. Things that others take for granted... Elon Musk goes deep to a level that few other go.

I maybe wrong in what I say as I am still learning autism in its many forms. As the way autism plays out in one person is not the same in how it plays out in another!

“If you have met one autistic you have met one autistic” so anything is possible. But Trump studying? The man is a gut instinct, acting on feeling at the moment type person to the max.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JamesW
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2024, 4:27 pm

Previously.

There is a God.

icecube
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2024, 2:48 pm

I've always thought Bill Belichick is on the spectrum.

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 10:09 pm

Spence from "King of Queens"

younginhuman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2024, 10:18 pm

i feel very certain that Fiona Apple is on the spectrum :mrgreen:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 10:55 pm

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2024, 6:15 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

It says in the video that Bill Gates "has finally confirmed" that he's been diagnosed with Aspergers. I can't find any information online about that would be the case.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 8:35 am

BillyTree wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
<YouTubevideo>

It says in the video that Bill Gates "has finally confirmed" that he's been diagnosed with Aspergers. I can't find any information online about that would be the case.

Sounds like bulls**t to me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 10:21 am

MaxE wrote:
BillyTree wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
<YouTubevideo>

Sounds like bulls**t to me.

I have never seen a reliable source say Gates has said he is autistic, and despite what the Youtuber claimed Mark Zuckerberg has never said he is autistic. Musk has famously claimed he has Asperger's. According to an autobiography, Musk is self-diagnosed.

There are a million lists of "famous autistics" out there. Most of them are wish lists that are partially true.

This thread is specifically for personal speculation purposes, that is fine.

Speaking of personal speculation I highly suspect John Linnell and John Flansburgh of 'They Might Be Giants'

Is that video stimmy or what?

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2024, 3:58 pm

^ Hes got that nasally flat affect that I associate with some autistics. Took me a while to warm to it, but its actually really good music!

I do that teeth chattering thing to rhythm!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 10:21 am

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2024, 9:31 pm

I like Dont lets Start, its the jaggedy rhythms i think!