Do people use the 'Nuremberg blame' when it comes Trump?

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 5:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Curiously I agree

My favorite description of him from 2016 was "the extended middle finger of the American right hand", which IIRC came from Norman Lear, who knows a thing or two about the culture and resentments of the working class.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 5:37 pm

ironpony wrote:
Is being the symptom worse or no?

I'd say no, being the symptom implies that he wasn't the cause of what ails American politics, just the effect.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 11:11 pm

I think it's a little of both. We definitely have a lot of terrible people in this country, but Trump made it okay for them to come out in the open and publicly display how terrible they are.

funeralxempire wrote:
Let's face it, there's people who heard the warning about who Trump was and liked what they heard.

^ This.

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
If the same number of loyal voters for both parties came out and voted for either candidate, there'd be a perpetual stalemate.

But the number is always shifting: as soon as someone turns 18, a new voter is born, and when someone dies, they (usually) stop voting.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2021, 12:27 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

To say swing voters and those who don't vote along party lines are irrelevant shows a fundamental misunderstanding of American presidential election process.

Correct. Good job nobody has said that.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 10:09 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
But the number is always shifting: as soon as someone turns 18, a new voter is born, and when someone dies, they (usually) stop voting.

I've often wondered whether that's why the public's memory seems to be so short. It might also help explain the adage that "a person is intelligent but people are stupid."

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 8:03 am

What Trump wanted?
Do you mean an energy independent America with orderly immigration and plenty of opportunity?
Yeah, I totally wanted what Trump wanted.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 8:05 am

shlaifu wrote:
I blame every president and their policies, beginning with Reagan, for bringing people into a situation where they want a Trump.

How about those people who have spent 40+ years in congress? Do they deserve any blame?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 8:12 am

You are being manipulated by the media.
Trump was universally admired until he won the 2016 primary. He ceased to be the "Joke Candidate" and the media began to create a monstrous caricature of him for the Democrats to hate.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 8:43 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump was universally admired until he won the 2016 primary.

No, before that he was the arrogant pretend billionaire from The Apprentice/that carnival barker who's always on Howard Stern.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 11:31 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump was universally admired until he won the 2016 primary.

No, before that he was the arrogant pretend billionaire from The Apprentice/that carnival barker who's always on Howard Stern.

Years ago Hillary actually said that she wished people like Donald Trump would run for president.
The Trump Derangement Syndrome is a product of the media

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 5:59 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Trump Derangement Syndrome is a product of the media

He and his millions of supporters earned their mantle as "deplorable" legitimately :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:29 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump was universally admired until he won the 2016 primary. He ceased to be the "Joke Candidate" and the media began to create a monstrous caricature of him for the Democrats to hate.

"Manipulated by the media"?
Trump was openly racist and sexist, he encourages hatred and violence, he refuses to disassociate with white supremacy groups (and even egged them on), he habitually lies (usually about things that are easily disproven), he openly rigged the election, he refused to do anything to stop the pandemic, he encouraged people to spread the virus, he openly refuses to concede, he openly incited 1/6, he refused to do anything to stop it or to send in the National Guard (until Twitter threatened to ban him, at least).

There is no "media manipulation", these are all things that Trump, himself, personally posted on his public Twitter account for the entire world to see.

And these are all reasons that people love him.

You don't have to be a Democrat to consider these things to be negative personality traits.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 1:47 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Universally, huh? I guess I was imagining all the dislike he had before that. :roll:

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 7:49 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

"Manipulated by the media"?
Trump was openly racist and sexist, he encourages hatred and violence, he refuses to disassociate with white supremacy groups (and even egged them on), he habitually lies (usually about things that are easily disproven), he openly rigged the election, he refused to do anything to stop the pandemic, he encouraged people to spread the virus, he openly refuses to concede, he openly incited 1/6, he refused to do anything to stop it or to send in the National Guard (until Twitter threatened to ban him, at least).

There is no "media manipulation", these are all things that Trump, himself, personally posted on his public Twitter account for the entire world to see.

And these are all reasons that people love him.

You don't have to be a Democrat to consider these things to be negative personality traits.

Wow, you know so much that is not true.
Trump was never racist, sexist or a liar. He was way out in front on the pandemic but got called a racists because of it. He disavowed white supremacists repeatedly and on 6/1/21 it was Pelosi who refused the National Guard help not Trump. Please seek out some other information sources besides CNN. They have an agenda that is not in your best interest.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 2:01 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump was never racist, sexist or a liar.

Ummm... :|

Mr Reynholm wrote:
He was way out in front on the pandemic but got called a racists because of it.

"Covid will just go away" = "way out in front"???
Firing all of his scientists and putting his son-in-law in charge = "way out in front"?

He was called racist because he kept blaming China and calling it "the China flu". Asian hate crimes went way up after that.

Mr Reynholm wrote:
He disavowed white supremacists repeatedly...

Link?

Mr Reynholm wrote:
...and on 6/1/21 it was Pelosi who refused the National Guard help not Trump.

Last time I checked, Pelosi had no control over the National Guard.
Also, there is literally documentation showing Trump's "stand down" orders.

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Please seek out some other information sources besides CNN.

I think you missed the part where I said that all of these things were posted by Donald Trump himself on his very own personal public Twitter account for the entire world to see.

I don't watch CNN.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 2:56 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump was never racist, sexist or a liar.

Ummm... :|

Mr Reynholm wrote:
He was way out in front on the pandemic but got called a racists because of it.

"Covid will just go away" = "way out in front"???
Firing all of his scientists and putting his son-in-law in charge = "way out in front"?

He was called racist because he kept blaming China and calling it "the China flu". Asian hate crimes went way up after that.

Mr Reynholm wrote:
He disavowed white supremacists repeatedly...

Link?

Mr Reynholm wrote:
...and on 6/1/21 it was Pelosi who refused the National Guard help not Trump.

Last time I checked, Pelosi had no control over the National Guard.
Also, there is literally documentation showing Trump's "stand down" orders.

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Please seek out some other information sources besides CNN.

I think you missed the part where I said that all of these things were posted by Donald Trump himself on his very own personal public Twitter account for the entire world to see.

I don't watch CNN.

You seen to be in total agreement with CNN. I'm not familiar with metaphysics but wishing things were true won't make them true. The media/government complex will tell you any sorts of stuff to make the government puppets look good.