Why are killers' accounts removed only after on social media

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jollyio
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2021, 5:12 pm

I think closing accounts after is utterly weak, especially in Davison's case when he killed himself... whatever can he do, become a zombie and keep posting hateful stuff? A big closing the stable after the horses bolted issue, except the horses are psychopathic humans and the stables are sociopathic websites who couldn't give an iota of a damn if a 3 year old is shot in cold blood as long as they make their money... although, by all means, remove a dead person's account after he's already made thousands of posts encouraging others to do the same too.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 10:33 pm

jollyio wrote:
I think closing accounts after is utterly weak, especially in Davison's case when he killed himself... whatever can he do, become a zombie and keep posting hateful stuff? A big closing the stable after the horses bolted issue, except the horses are psychopathic humans and the stables are sociopathic websites who couldn't give an iota of a damn if a 3 year old is shot in cold blood as long as they make their money... although, by all means, remove a dead person's account after he's already made thousands of posts encouraging others to do the same too.

So...

You want a website to have psychic powers, and to foretell who is going to commit a crime in the future, and then to... ban that person before the person commits a crime?

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 10:06 am

I will not name names, but one of my previous reading forums was taken down because shooters kept posting their manifestos on it. In more than one circumstance, even linking livestreams to their shootings. There was lots of other things there to read, so it was rare you'd come across this sort of thing, but it happened sometimes.

One of the last ones was a livestream with active posts by the shooter along with a manifesto, real time. The guy's arguments were fairly sound, which indeed made it dangerous. The mods took it down quickly, but it was too late.

My opinion is that censoring the manifesto makes it more dangerous, so I do not agree with deplatforming the site. But I do understand why it happened. Admins have to enforce their rules to keep their platform up, even if its not exactly fair.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 10:12 am

Even some of Hitler's ideas were "good," and made sense.

Unfortunately, the German/"Aryan" populace enjoyed relative prosperity under his regime.

People who were not German/"Aryan".....exiled, died, put in concentration camps, perhaps all of these things. Even "German/Aryans" who were seen as being "defective" met that fate.

It was how the Nazis IMPLEMENTED their ideas, both good and bad, which was the problem (to say the least!)

Genocide is always a problem, no matter how "rational" the argument for it is.

Some of Trump's ideas were good.

But the way Trump wanted to implement them wasn't good at all.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 9:56 am

jollyio wrote:
Soooo... reddit might have banned over a hundred accounts of mine, right, and the worst thing I do is insult others... whereas, I noticed recently, they only removed an account of a serial killer after he did the deed... hundreds, if not thousands of posts, whereas most of my accounts rarely reach ten or so...

Insults are worse than murder then, yeah?

You're just really into cancel culture and are butthurt at being cancelled yourself.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 10:35 am

jollyio wrote:

https://serialkillercalendar.com/SERIAL ... -CARDS.php

Seriouy awesome here serial killer trading cards!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 11:01 am

Who in this life we live in has not committed a crime at some point in their lives and I am not talking about getting caught?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 1:16 pm

jollyio wrote:
Soooo... reddit might have banned over a hundred accounts of mine, right, and the worst thing I do is insult others... whereas, I noticed recently, they only removed an account of a serial killer after he did the deed... hundreds, if not thousands of posts, whereas most of my accounts rarely reach ten or so... Insults are worse than murder then, yeah?
You should take up your case with Reddit, not us.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 1:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
jollyio wrote:
Soooo... reddit might have banned over a hundred accounts of mine, right, and the worst thing I do is insult others... whereas, I noticed recently, they only removed an account of a serial killer after he did the deed... hundreds, if not thousands of posts, whereas most of my accounts rarely reach ten or so... Insults are worse than murder then, yeah?

She admits to coming back after being banned a hundred times. That's textbook troll behavior.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 1:30 pm

Axeman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
jollyio wrote:
She admits to coming back after being banned a hundred times. That's textbook troll behavior.
So is advocating death for people with whom you only disagree.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2021, 6:13 pm

Axeman wrote:

Not to mention being unable to make even ten posts most times before being banned. That's... impressive. I have to wonder if she's posting the same things on the same subs each time.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 12:51 am

JollyO hasnt returned to her thread since August.

So... I guess she has gotten the point -that everyone thinks she's full of it. Lol!