Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 8:50 pm

! magz wrote:
Split from viewtopic.php?f=23&t=398944
Highly_Autistic wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Highly_Autistic wrote:
Sometimes i wish it was an illness because at least i would have hope to get treated and cure it. But the fact my brain is wired differently bothers me. I feel hopeless and worried about future.

Wow. Where to begin with this one.

1.) For many (At least 70% based on the medical stats I've read), perhaps not all, it is an illness.

2.) I've been sharing here for ~9 years how I treat my ASD symptoms with great success.

3.) I've also shared how I recognized infant signs in a 12 month old baby boy and told his parents what to do to reverse it. He's 9 and NT - and Also the single greatest accomplishment of my life to date. Learning to treat my own ASD was a relatively short lived personal best because his case came along a mere matter of months later.

4.) I also shared my thoughts on how ASD will be treated and cured and low & behold, over the last handful of years there have been medical studies done utilizing exactly the methods I proposed (FMT) on a couple hundred children who were followed up with 2 years after treatment and determined to be off the spectrum. I don't yet know if this will work on a fully grown adult - while I'm willing to do it, I simply have yet to prioritize doing it. It's not that expensive, either, approximately $2k.

Even w/o a cure, my future still has plenty of hope with the effective treatment protocol I've created for myself. My life isn't perfect and I still have my ups and downs, but it's liiiiiightyears better than it was when my ASD symptoms were off the charts and I couldn't function in life or work etc.

My brain is likely Also wired differently - and I might pay for some fMRI's to see it someday just out of interest, and like others I can't control that, but what I Can control is the gut dysbiosis component affecting the functioning of my enteric nervous system. Boom! Living a second life for it. 8)

Thats some important stuff. So autism is linked to guts ? I feel like i couldnt make a progress since the first time i realized i have aspergers. Despite taking tons of medications and getting therapy.

Yes, it is. (autism linked to guts.)

After I figured it out I shared here on this forum with the people it could help and was basically met with disbelief and ridicule. Since then, nearly 9 years ago, medical studies have been published pinpointing exactly what I learned and shared here, right down to a common chemical sensitivity that 70% of people on the spectrum have.

I managed to treat myself via a medicinal diet of antifungal herbs/oils etc to kill off the bad stuff, + intestinal cleanses (high volume enemas w/ apple cider vinegar and salts, I've also used garlic) and mass amounts of probiotics orally as well as rectally. There's a lot more details, like supplements to heal the intestinal lining etc, and the chemical sensitivity to salicylate acids etc, but bottom line is, for what I believe is MOST of us on the spectrum (70% based on that being the % of us that have the chemical sensitivity to salicylate acids) ASD is in fact an illness and Can in fact be treated and Potentially even be cured - it has been in hundreds of children to date; just not quite sure if it's been done in a fully grown adult yet and really I should just look into giving it a go myself sooner rather than later as it only costs a couple grand to try.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 8:52 pm

magz wrote:
Autism can't be "cured" but problematic symptoms can be managed, accommodated or sometimes overcome.
Keeping physical and mental health in possibly good state helps a lot.

Tell that to the couple hundred kids cured in one study that involved re-assessing them after 2 years to confirm they're still off the spectrum/subclinical traits. It can be done and already has been.

Hell, I did it for an infant. 100% signs/traits of ASD, parents listened to me and over the course of several weeks he sprung back to neurotypical life and is now a totally normal 9 year old instead of living a life of ASD hell. True story.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 8:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:
Autism can't be "cured" but problematic symptoms can be managed, accommodated or sometimes overcome.

Tell that to the couple hundred kids cured in one study that involved re-assessing them after 2 years to confirm they're still off the spectrum/subclinical traits. It can be done and already has been.

Hell, I did it for an infant. 100% signs/traits of ASD, parents listened to me and over the course of several weeks he sprung back to neurotypical life and is now a totally normal 9 year old instead of living a life of ASD hell. True story.

You a doctor? Do you even have a formal autism diagnosis? I would wager 10000 USD the answer to both is no.

Does any of this do anything to classic non verbal presentations? Again I'd wager no.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:09 pm

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/09/sperm-d ... mplicated/

For anyone who doesn't believe it's genetic

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 6:24 am

Highly_Autistic wrote:
Sometimes i wish it was an illness because at least i would have hope to get treated and cure it. But the fact my brain is wired differently bothers me. I feel hopeless and worried about future.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/autism/what-is-autism/

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 6:47 am

Highly_Autistic wrote:

Also this fish guy claims to have used his whatever on himself. I'd wager heavily that he lacks both a medical degree and a formal diagnosis, so he doesn't even know what he is trying to treat. Looks like typical youtube self education. Also anecdotal evidence proves nothing. He would know that if he knew anything about how science is done.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 6:48 am

Many things work excellently on one person, but would be a disaster for another person.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many things work excellently on one person, but would be a disaster for another person.

The youtube doctor who treats himself has a jackwagon for a patient.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 12:36 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:

You a doctor? Do you even have a formal autism diagnosis? I would wager 10000 USD the answer to both is no.

Does any of this do anything to classic non verbal presentations? Again I'd wager no.

Not yet, check back in a decade - that's the goal. Also, I've been 100% completely transparent about the fact that I am not a Medical Doctor and have never claimed to be. I've Also been 100% completely transparent about the fact that I am self diagnosed, but 100% certain of my diagnosis - unless every single ASD textbook is wrong. (which they are not.)

No need to wager your money nor even ask me for the 8728934279837th time, all of that information is readily available over and over again on the forums over the last 9 years of my being completely transparent with what I've learned and done and the results of the treatment protocol I've followed and the positive impact it's had on my entire life. Career, finances, ASD/ADHD/dyspraxia/depression/anxiety/executive function etc overall health and well being, social life etc - in every way I've been living a 2nd life for the last ~9 years and counting, and along the way researchers have caught up and published medical studies pinpointing exactly what I've been sharing here openly with those it could Also help.

You'll Also find a post history of my discussions with the most skeptical naysayer on this forum where I offered to go knock on the door of every ASD professional in my city until I found one who would observe my behaviour that I could Show how I revert my symptoms from nearly neurotypical Jekyl to very ASD Hyde, but, he was never interested in actual proof of my claims - only in arguing with me and calling me a liar. *shrug* Oh well, whatever.

As for lack of an official diagnosis - I didn't want one. I didn't want a "disabled," label. I didn't want it to ever hinder me from anything - any education or government job. I Also didn't want to "give up," accept a diagnosis and defeat, collect disability payments and never function in life. Instead I was relentlessly defiant and refused to give up, read and learned and did until I figured out what to Do about it - and did it. I knew 9 years ago that my symptoms were off the charts, and that they weren't always that bad; that if Something could make them worse, then Something could make them better - I just had to figure out what it was.. and utilizing the problem solving techniques I learned in business school, I did exactly that and here I am today - nearly a decade on the right side of my bankruptcy, with a career, a brand new car paid for, classic motorcycle paid for, no debt and tens of thousands of dollars in liquid cash to save and invest towards my goals of returning to University until someone let's me into medical school and I accomplish that goal, too.

I'm not, and have never been, non verbal - so I can't speak to that. I don't recall reading anything at all in the studies published a few years ago or so now about any non verbal individuals nor results on that particular trait.

edit:

Here's who my avatar is and why: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

People didn't believe him either, but he most certainly wasn't fabricating anything - just the same as I am not. *shrug* Live your life however you see fit, but I'm tellin' ya.. treated ASD 2nd life is infinitely better than the never ending hell of spinning one's wheels in full blown ASD frustration of Knowing you're intelligent enough to do things, but being unable to get any traction in any aspect of life. I made my choice 9 years ago and will never Ever go back - only forward, and possibly with a more permanent solution than the constant maintenance I do IF it works in myself as an adult as it has in hundreds of children. I'll only find out once I give it a go.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 3:49 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:

Not yet, check back in a decade - that's the goal. Also, I've been 100% completely transparent about the fact that I am not a Medical Doctor and have never claimed to be. I've Also been 100% completely transparent about the fact that I am self diagnosed, but 100% certain of my diagnosis - unless every single ASD textbook is wrong. (which they are not.)

No need to wager your money nor even ask me for the 8728934279837th time, all of that information is readily available over and over again on the forums over the last 9 years of my being completely transparent with what I've learned and done and the results of the treatment protocol I've followed and the positive impact it's had on my entire life. Career, finances, ASD/ADHD/dyspraxia/depression/anxiety/executive function etc overall health and well being, social life etc - in every way I've been living a 2nd life for the last ~9 years and counting, and along the way researchers have caught up and published medical studies pinpointing exactly what I've been sharing here openly with those it could Also help.

You'll Also find a post history of my discussions with the most skeptical naysayer on this forum where I offered to go knock on the door of every ASD professional in my city until I found one who would observe my behaviour that I could Show how I revert my symptoms from nearly neurotypical Jekyl to very ASD Hyde, but, he was never interested in actual proof of my claims - only in arguing with me and calling me a liar. *shrug* Oh well, whatever.

As for lack of an official diagnosis - I didn't want one. I didn't want a "disabled," label. I didn't want it to ever hinder me from anything - any education or government job. I Also didn't want to "give up," accept a diagnosis and defeat, collect disability payments and never function in life. Instead I was relentlessly defiant and refused to give up, read and learned and did until I figured out what to Do about it - and did it. I knew 9 years ago that my symptoms were off the charts, and that they weren't always that bad; that if Something could make them worse, then Something could make them better - I just had to figure out what it was.. and utilizing the problem solving techniques I learned in business school, I did exactly that and here I am today - nearly a decade on the right side of my bankruptcy, with a career, a brand new car paid for, classic motorcycle paid for, no debt and tens of thousands of dollars in liquid cash to save and invest towards my goals of returning to University until someone let's me into medical school and I accomplish that goal, too.

I'm not, and have never been, non verbal - so I can't speak to that. I don't recall reading anything at all in the studies published a few years ago or so now about any non verbal individuals nor results on that particular trait.

edit:

People didn't believe him either, but he most certainly wasn't fabricating anything - just the same as I am not. *shrug* Live your life however you see fit, but I'm tellin' ya.. treated ASD 2nd life is infinitely better than the never ending hell of spinning one's wheels in full blown ASD frustration of Knowing you're intelligent enough to do things, but being unable to get any traction in any aspect of life. I made my choice 9 years ago and will never Ever go back - only forward, and possibly with a more permanent solution than the constant maintenance I do IF it works in myself as an adult as it has in hundreds of children. I'll only find out once I give it a go.

Sure you will be a MD in ten years SURE. Just getting in to Med school is an endurance trial requiring a fortune. The application fee for most schools can be up to 500 USD. Some students take out loans just to finance the ap process.

A self diagnosis ain't worth diddly. If you are going with that you should be the pope of the church of bs with a tin foil miter on your head.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm

Axeman wrote:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5192959/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5408485/

And this one isn't the particular study I recall reading about, but it's another re: FMT:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-04- ... fecal.html

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 3:55 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:

edit:

Sure you will be a MD in ten years SURE. Just getting in to Med school is an endurance trial requiring a fortune. The application fee for most schools can be up to 500 USD. Some students take out loans just to finance the ap process.

A self diagnosis ain't worth diddly. If you are going with that you should be the pope of the church of bs with a tin foil miter on your head.

Might take that long, might not. I only Need 3 full time years of science prerequisites, a high score on the MCAT, and volunteer time/community service. Then medical school doesn't last for 7 years. The rough guess of a decade is because I'll continue working, saving, and investing while attending part time classes at first before I can make the leap to full time student part time work.

$500 is sweet F all in goldfish's 2nd life, so I'm not concerned with being able to afford that. At all. It's the paying for life, tuition, transportation etc while not being able to have a full time+ income as a student that's expensive. I'm blessed to have a supportive family with the resources to help out a little via cheap rent and such.

I'm not interested in becoming pope - have at 'er if that's your bag. 8)

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 3:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:

edit:

Might take that long, might not. I only Need 3 full time years of science prerequisites, a high score on the MCAT, and volunteer time/community service. Then medical school doesn't last for 7 years. The rough guess of a decade is because I'll continue working, saving, and investing while attending part time classes at first before I can make the leap to full time student part time work.

$500 is sweet F all in goldfish's 2nd life, so I'm not concerned with being able to afford that. At all. It's the paying for life, tuition, transportation etc while not being able to have a full time+ income as a student that's expensive. I'm blessed to have a supportive family with the resources to help out a little via cheap rent and such.

I get it. You're not a doctor but you will play one on the internet. If you are OK with self diagnosis then you should never ever be given a medical license.

You strike me as a new age type who probably thinks most of modern medicine is just a money making scam anyway so what's your real game?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:14 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:

edit:

I get it. You're not a doctor but you will play one on the internet. If you are OK with self diagnosis then you should never ever be given a medical license.

You strike me as a new age type who probably thinks most of modern medicine is just a money making scam anyway so what's your real game?

1. I've never claimed to be a doctor irl or on the internet. I've been 100% consistent and transparent for 9+ years stating only the facts: I figured out the cause of my symptoms and how to treat them and believe this can help others. More recent medical studies confirm this.

2. People don't need formal diagnoses from some other human to know things. Simple fact. I don't need some other human to tell me my gender or sexual orientation, when I've got a sunburn, an abrasion, flu symptoms, depression, anxiety, executive functioning issues or my ASD symptoms are high. As most people are, I'm quite self aware.

What game/scam? I've asked for nothing, ever. I've shared what I learned freely and suggested people support their local farmers markets and health food stores in buying the ingredients they need to heal themselves via diet/supplements etc. There is no game.

Pharmaceutical companies are profiteers, yes. That's pretty much universally accepted. As for doctors, a friend who's attended medical school tells me about half are there for the money, about half are there because their parents are making them, and 1% or so want to be doctors and those are the ones who make it. I suppose I fit the third category: Self actualization of a goal + be of the highest and best use to society in an altruistic career move. Don't care if I ever make a Million dollars or whatever, my lifestyle won't change much at all and excess money earned will be given away to worthy causes.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 10:16 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:

edit:

1. I've never claimed to be a doctor irl or on the internet. I've been 100% consistent and transparent for 9+ years stating only the facts: I figured out the cause of my symptoms and how to treat them and believe this can help others. More recent medical studies confirm this.

2. People don't need formal diagnoses from some other human to know things. Simple fact. I don't need some other human to tell me my gender or sexual orientation, when I've got a sunburn, an abrasion, flu symptoms, depression, anxiety, executive functioning issues or my ASD symptoms are high. As most people are, I'm quite self aware.

What game/scam? I've asked for nothing, ever. I've shared what I learned freely and suggested people support their local farmers markets and health food stores in buying the ingredients they need to heal themselves via diet/supplements etc. There is no game.

Pharmaceutical companies are profiteers, yes. That's pretty much universally accepted. As for doctors, a friend who's attended medical school tells me about half are there for the money, about half are there because their parents are making them, and 1% or so want to be doctors and those are the ones who make it. I suppose I fit the third category: Self actualization of a goal + be of the highest and best use to society in an altruistic career move. Don't care if I ever make a Million dollars or whatever, my lifestyle won't change much at all and excess money earned will be given away to worthy causes.

You diagnosed yourself for a complex condition not a sunburn. That's a terrible analogy. And then you went and gave yourself a course of treatment for said condition not approved by mainstream doctors. What's worse is you want to encourage others to do the same