'It is clear' the American public has 'turned on Joe Biden'

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:16 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
The truth is support for Trump or Biden among the masses has nothing to do with Afghanistan.

The people panicked: There's a deadly virus! It's Trump's fault! We can't elect him again. Biden will make it better.

It seemed to be going that way at first. People believed voting for Biden would bring sustained normalcy. But now there's talk of more lock-downs and masking and booster shots.

The virus may have tipped the election with a middle segment of less informed voters, but significant numbers of informed Republicans saw the things Trump was doing that were in direct opposition to the constitution and voted against him, as well. He was placing structure into position to operate as an autocrat, and the highly informed saw it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:38 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew it must have been started by either Brictoria or Pepe -- neither of whom are Americans -- and that it would feature at least one YouTube video as fake "evidence".

Constructive commentary is always welcome. 8)

I think it's just his way of acknowledging what was provided was accurate - It's a comon tactic of those who dislike the information people supply to attack the messenger.

Otherwise, he would have provided facts which counter what you posted in order to demonstrate what was wrong with it...

This sort of behaviour is not an indication of objectivity but is a sign of hyperpartisanship. 8O

It may also be an attempt to have this thread locked, so I suggest people don't lose focus. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Biden isn't even in charge. Running him for president was elder abuse.

Also, the president in waiting, Harris, has little support from the majority of the power-brokers on the left.
It will be interesting to see what will happen when Uncle Joe is persuaded to retire. 8)

But please, no more Trump! 8O

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:54 pm

Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Also, the president in waiting, Harris, has little support from the majority of the power-brokers on the left.
It will be interesting to see what will happen when Uncle Joe is persuaded to retire. 8)

Even though the Democratic party is determined to get a female president, it has become clear to me that a woman cannot yet win the presidency in this country. As a strong woman who comes from a family of strong women, I hate to admit it, but it's the reality we see. Too many people require strength in a leader but can't see anything but negative swear words if that strength comes from a woman who isn't sexually exciting their hormones as a potential wife type at the same time. It's a pretty messed up psychology, but it's pretty obvious if you listen to the slurs.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:16 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Criticism and disappointment at this moment is inevitable. Most Democrats who support Biden aren’t pretending the buck doesn’t stop with the president. But we’re also feeling that everything happening right now was inevitable, that there was no way to have a good outcome, and blame games are a waste of time.

"Blame Games" are an integral part of politics.
The retreat withdrawal, a la South Vietnam apparently was inevitable, but as people have mentioned many times, it was the way the rout withdrawal happened.
That gave the Taliban, and particularly the Chinese, a huge propaganda win.
The Chinese government, in fact, have already used the defeat of the Amerians in their psychological war against Taiwan, with the suggestion they will be let down also.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Biden was boxed in by decisions made by prior presidents, and his errors in handling the details pale against the errors which brought us to this moment.

"Military Experts" have pointed out that leaving at the peak of the fighting season was unconscionable.
I believe Uncle Joe was working on a timetable based on the anniversary of some significant date.
Perhaps someone can enlighten us on what that was.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Claiming he isn’t in charge is ridiculous; he has minor senior moments, but he’s still sharper than most adults in their prime. Did you watch the debates, how often he had a quick, relevant and stinging reply? He was thinking on his feet. You can’t script and puppet control that, or Pence would have done better in his debate.

Unfortunately, the dominant left-wing media doesn't show all the gaffs that he makes, the ones that media outlets like Sky News reports.
I am sympathetic with Uncle joe with his developing dementia. I have executive dysfunction and a very poor short term memory, but I am not the president of the US of A.

DW_a_mom wrote:
No one is perfect, but not an ounce of me regrets voting for Biden. I believe he remains the best choice we had for this time in history.

Some say I am perfect, but I simply find that very amusing. :mrgreen:
Compared to Trump, he is the better option when considering the desire to heal the divisive American society, imo.
Trump was a disruptor and I blame him for a big part of America's dysfunctionality.
Only the Chinese government will win if he gets back into power, imo. 8)

DW_a_mom wrote:
I find it frustrating that US politics is either so entertaining or such an international gossip magnet that any foreign National would spend more time with it than their own. This is real life to me; not an intellectual exercise, and foreign influences can have a profound negative effect on the debate, increasing dangerous divisiveness while lacking all the necessary background perspective. Even if it’s from Nationals in a friendly country, there is a point at which the input exceeds any potential usefulness as an outside perspective.

Firstly, regarding dangers to a society.
Try living in Australia that is existentially threatened by a jingoistic Chinese menace.

Secondly, I believe you are more than a little out of touch as to the significance of this website in regard to influencing American social dysfunctionality, let alone some members who are not Amerians.
Destroying American social harmony is very effectively done by its internal political division of its citizens already and has no need to find support elsewhere.

I am the Oracle of Truth and focus on finding it wherever it may be.
Is that problem for some of those in America? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:29 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Even though the Democratic party is determined to get a female president, it has become clear to me that a woman cannot yet win the presidency in this country. As a strong woman who comes from a family of strong women, I hate to admit it, but it's the reality we see. Too many people require strength in a leader but can't see anything but negative swear words if that strength comes from a woman who isn't sexually exciting their hormones as a potential wife type at the same time. It's a pretty messed up psychology, but it's pretty obvious if you listen to the slurs.

Trump didn't win the election.
Hillary Clinton lost because of her questionable antics in the middle east, communication server choice, financial self-interests, etc.
Harris is simply viewed as a left-wing extremist, based on what I have read/heard.
I don't see anything/k that appears particularly misogynistic in either case.

BTW, is it at all possible that people from other countries may be in a better position to view the comedy of American politics than those embedded?
"Can't see the forest for the trees", sort of thing? :scratch: :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:37 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I didn't turn on him. I never supported him in the first place.

I preferred him to Trump, once his position on China was made clear. 8)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:39 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Claiming he isn’t in charge is ridiculous; he has minor senior moments, but he’s still sharper than most adults in their prime. Did you watch the debates, how often he had a quick, relevant and stinging reply? He was thinking on his feet. You can’t script and puppet control that, or Pence would have done better in his debate.

Unfortunately, the dominant left-wing media doesn't show all the gaffs that he makes, the ones that media outlets like Sky News reports.
I am sympathetic with Uncle joe with his developing dementia. I have executive dysfunction and a very poor short term memory, but I am not the president of the US of A.

He has been known for his entire career as prone to gaffs, they've long been infamous, so age has zero to do with it. As for what the media does and does not show, I referenced the DEBATES, which were broadcast here LIVE IN FULL, not edited, so suggesting my conclusions reached from them could be distorted by the media is ridiculous. I know where to look for the most accurate view possible.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:43 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
The truth is support for Trump or Biden among the masses has nothing to do with Afghanistan.

The people panicked: There's a deadly virus! It's Trump's fault! We can't elect him again. Biden will make it better.

It seemed to be going that way at first. People believed voting for Biden would bring sustained normalcy. But now there's talk of more lock-downs and masking and booster shots.

Biden was a better option to Trump, imo, but based on how the Democrats are handling things these days, not by that much.
I still shudder at the idea that Trump might get back into the presidency, though. 8)

In a country of 330 million people, you would think they could find better presidential candidates than Trump or Biden.
It boggles the mind of this stinky skunk. 8O

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:49 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Trump didn't win the election.
Hillary Clinton lost because of her questionable antics in the middle east, communication server choice, financial self-interests, etc.
Harris is simply viewed as a left-wing extremist, based on what I have read/heard.
I don't see anything/k that appears particularly misogynistic in either case.

BTW, is it at all possible that people from other countries may be in a better position to view the comedy of American politics than those embedded?
"Can't see the forest for the trees", sort of thing? :scratch: :wink:

How much do you get unedited, broadcast live?

I think people in other countries made Trump long before many Americans did, and I thoroughly enjoyed the "Can we be second?" videos (do you remember those, I think a Dutch comedian was the first to make one), but your understanding of Hilary is not complete. She made some tactical mistakes in campaigning, wrongly assuming she would win in some states there was growing distrust in, but she also came into the election with a lot of hate and distrust that had little to do with her own actions. Despite that, she won the popular vote, just not the all-important electoral college. Charges against her character have not been proven, yet stick because they confirm to people what they falsely believe they see with their own eyes, and THAT is influenced by the fact she is a woman, IMHO. Few who have met Hilary Clinton dislike or distrust her, and that includes conservatives if you can get them in a corner without constituents listening. Trump, however, is distrusted by nearly everyone who has met or done business with him, and that includes what most of his loyalists will say if you can get THEM in a corner without Trump listening.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 20 Aug 2021, 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:50 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

He has been known for his entire career as prone to gaffs, they've long been infamous, so age has zero to do with it. As for what the media does and does not show, I referenced the DEBATES, which were broadcast here LIVE IN FULL, not edited, so suggesting my conclusions reached from them could be distorted by the media is ridiculous. I know where to look for the most accurate view possible.

Do you consider yourself a Democrat partisan?

I don't think you have seen the gaffs that I have. :mrgreen:
The dominant left-wing media has protected him while vilifying Trump for lesser logical/cognitive "transgressions".

Also, people have suggested Uncle Joe wears an earpiece to help him along.
There is convincing evidence of this that perhaps Brictoria has the energy to present? :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:51 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
How much do you get unedited, broadcast live?

<-----------------------this much------------------------> :mrgreen:

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm

Pepe wrote:

This is where your claims of impartiality fall down. There isn't a left-wing press of any consequence in the USA. The Country as a whole is ideologically opposed to anything even mildly centrist, let alone genuinely left wing. It is very, very rare to hear a left wing philosophy championed in U.S. mainstream media. Ergo, the media most definitely isn't left-wing. The debates are all about differing shades of right-wing choice.

I think what you're trying - and failing - to claim here is the majority of the American press are pro-Democrat. That's also questionable, do you have any genuinely independent, unbiased analysis to back that claim up? It's also most definitely not the same thing as the majority of the American press being left-wing, because the Democrats aren't left-wing. They're simply less right wing than the Republicans.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Biden was boxed in by decisions made by prior presidents, and his errors in handling the details pale against the errors which brought us to this moment.

"Military Experts" have pointed out that leaving at the peak of the fighting season was unconscionable.
I believe Uncle Joe was working on a timetable based on the anniversary of some significant date.
Perhaps someone can enlighten us on what that was.

The time table was set by the agreement the Trump administration negotiated with the Taliban. The Biden administration was able to negotiate a short extension, but they were limited in what they could do without going back on the agreement.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:00 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
Democrats aren't left-wing. They're simply less right wing than the Republicans.

I'm surprised that any foreign national doesn't see that. We have far fewer institutions in government control than any other western nation. Most notable is the lack of a national healthcare system, and the unprecedented level of medical bankruptcy seen here. Our social safety net is so much smaller than other western countries.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:06 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I find it frustrating that US politics is either so entertaining or such an international gossip magnet that any foreign National would spend more time with it than their own. This is real life to me; not an intellectual exercise, and foreign influences can have a profound negative effect on the debate, increasing dangerous divisiveness while lacking all the necessary background perspective. Even if it’s from Nationals in a friendly country, there is a point at which the input exceeds any potential usefulness as an outside perspective.

Firstly, regarding dangers to a society.
Try living in Australia that is existentially threatened by a jingoistic Chinese menace.

Secondly, I believe you are more than a little out of touch as to the significance of this website in regard to influencing American social dysfunctionality, let alone some members who are not Amerians.
Destroying American social harmony is very effectively done by its internal political division of its citizens already and has no need to find support elsewhere.

I am the Oracle of Truth and focus on finding it wherever it may be.
Is that problem for some of those in America? :scratch: :mrgreen:

I was thinking more generally than the discussion on here, but the reality is you can't know the details of how things are playing out on the ground in a place you don't live, and are naturally going to apply assumptions that come from your own experiences, which can sometimes help and sometimes hinder truth seeking and understanding.

I see so many memes on social media that are created overseas and are designed to increase the divides here. It's frustrating. People aren't looking to see the source, but they should. Where an opinion comes from matters.