Judge says DeSantis can’t ban mask mandates

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Now, if only we could get idiots to stop taking horse dewormer!

https://www.chron.com/coronavirus/article/caleb-wallace-anti-mask-rally-death-covid-16419641.php

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:31 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

https://www.chron.com/coronavirus/article/caleb-wallace-anti-mask-rally-death-covid-16419641.php

Sometimes it's hard to feel sorry for stupid people.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 5:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

It truly is sad that people are acting this way and turning to these dangerous treatments, but I'm trying very hard to look at it as logically as possible.

I think it is important to realize that the areas being hardest hit right now (primarily the Southern US) have the worst education systems in the US. These areas also have some of the most corrupt politicians (with interests in moneymaking rather than protecting the population) that depend on that lack of education in their constituents.

I think one of the primary issues right now (with getting through to people) is SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION. Scientific/medical data is notoriously esoteric, so it comes as no surprise that the general public would find it intimidating or even condescending. Social media is easy and accessible, so I can see how misinformation can spread like wildfire through this population. I guess the big question is: How can we make science and data more approachable and accessible to the masses?

Of course, there are many other facets to all of this ( distrust of the government and authority being a big one), but I don't want to go off on multiple tangents :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 7:08 am

Flown wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It truly is sad that people are acting this way and turning to these dangerous treatments, but I'm trying very hard to look at it as logically as possible.

I think it is important to realize that the areas being hardest hit right now (primarily the Southern US) have the worst education systems in the US. These areas also have some of the most corrupt politicians (with interests in moneymaking rather than protecting the population) that depend on that lack of education in their constituents.

I think one of the primary issues right now (with getting through to people) is SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION. Scientific/medical data is notoriously esoteric, so it comes as no surprise that the general public would find it intimidating or even condescending. Social media is easy and accessible, so I can see how misinformation can spread like wildfire through this population. I guess the big question is: How can we make science and data more approachable and accessible to the masses?

Of course, there are many other facets to all of this ( distrust of the government and authority being a big one), but I don't want to go off on multiple tangents :)

I concur.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 5:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

My family and I agree. We feel absolutely no sympathy for not only those who are
anti-vaxxers, but also for those who think that that taking a drug meant for horses
will always serve as a drug to avoid contracting COVID-19.