Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 6:49 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississippis ... 13372.html

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:00 pm

So how exactly do we stop these dangerous nuts in the GOP? Clearly trying to vote them out is doing no good...

♤ The Military

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:05 pm

There is no eternal life.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:13 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
So how exactly do we stop these dangerous nuts in the GOP? Clearly trying to vote them out is doing no good...

That's because our votes have no bearing in Mississippi if we don't live there. That's a state with a large insane white population, and a disenfranchised blacks population that's often mistrustful of medical science due to past experience.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:18 pm

So bizarro.
Our Republicans are trying to get people vaccinated.Governor Asa has been touring the state with vaccine town hall meetings.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

That's because our votes have no bearing in Mississippi if we don't live there. That's a state with a large insane white population, and a disenfranchised blacks population that's often mistrustful of medical science due to past experience.

Not true. That would be accurate for Iowa or Idaho, but not Mississippi. Though majority white, I wouldn't call it an "insane amount" in terms of ratio, as it's one of the states with the largest percentage of blacks relevant to population. In fact, a ton of black-majority counties are in the state of Mississippi. If i had to guess, I'd says it's like 60-40 white-black, so the black minority is very relevant in a state like MS.

Between the bible belt whites who tend to vote Republican, and the sizeable black population, who tend to vote Democrat but are the most church-going demographic is the US, the governor has a base he's trying to appeal to.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Sounds a lot like Florida with Governor DeSantis.

Also I live in Georgia which by some miracle managed to flip blue, but that feeling of accomplishment has been very short-lived now that these voter suppression laws have been passed.

I've never had a chance to vote in my life and now frankly I dont even think it's worth the effort. Republicans are acting like a bunch of neo fascists and the Democrats are too busy fighting amongst themselves and lack the backbone to stand up to these ruthless megalomaniacs clinging to Trump in the Red States.

As someone who lives in the red states, am I the only one who is seeing the ultimate irony of that famous "Better dead than red!" quote of the McCarthy era? :|

♤ The Military

Last edited by King0fSpades on 29 Aug 2021, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:34 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Also I live in Georgia which by some miracle managed to flip blue, but that feeling of accomplishment has been very short-lived now that these voter suppression laws have been passed.

I've never had a chance to vote in my life and now frankly I dont even think it's worth the effort. Republicans are acting like a bunch of neo fascists and the Democrats are too busy fighting amongst themselves and lack the backbone to stand up to these ruthless psychopaths in the Red States.

As someone who lives in the red states, am I the only one who is seeing the ultimate irony of that famous "Better dead than red!" quote of the McCarthy era? :|

Don't give up on voting. Especially when every vote counts, as with Georgia turning blue.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 10:20 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Not true. That would be accurate for Iowa or Idaho, but not Mississippi. Though majority white, I wouldn't call it an "insane amount" in terms of ratio, as it's one of the states with the largest percentage of blacks relevant to population. In fact, a ton of black-majority counties are in the state of Mississippi. If i had to guess, I'd says it's like 60-40 white-black, so the black minority is very relevant in a state like MS.

Between the bible belt whites who tend to vote Republican, and the sizeable black population, who tend to vote Democrat but are the most church-going demographic is the US, the governor has a base he's trying to appeal to.

I think he was saying the white population in MS is insane in thought, not insane in size. Try reading the post that way and it will make more sense.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 10:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

I've never had a chance to vote in my life and now frankly I dont even think it's worth the effort. Republicans are acting like a bunch of neo fascists and the Democrats are too busy fighting amongst themselves and lack the backbone to stand up to these ruthless psychopaths in the Red States.

Don't give up on voting. Especially when every vote counts, as with Georgia turning blue.

I never once thought I would be saying that Kay Ivey is the sanest of the Gulf Coast GOP governors.

(Louisiana's governor, John Bel Edwards, is a Democrat)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 10:26 pm

King0fSpades wrote:

Out vote them. And spread good information.

I have no objection to people throwing out some nutty ideas; free thought is a hallmark of Democracy. I’ve also lived long enough to know that every so often a nutty idea turns out to actually be the insightful one. So we want to hear them, just keep them in perspective.

Given that he basically went on to say people have to follow the science and take precautions, I can live with the hubris in his nuttiness.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 11:05 pm

We have some idiot politicians in Canada, that's for sure.. but what is up with so many American politicians being batshit crazy? :?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 11:46 pm

I don't know why these kinds of people are in such a rush to die.
Afterlife might be cool, but self-preservation is nice, and Covid sounds like a really, really bad way to go.
And it's pretty selfish to take others with you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 12:46 am

And here's another example of terminal idiocy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rand-paul-cl ... 32346.html

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 2:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And here's another example of terminal idiocy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rand-paul-cl ... 32346.html

Usually, anti-viral meds end with the suffix -vir. That's a dead giveaway.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 2:34 am

And here's another victim of cretinism!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-rel ... 22078.html