Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 1:52 pm

I am Jewish by birth (although I believe in Jesus) and I had a dream the other night. The dream went as follows.

So me and my mom were living at the first floor of a certain many story apartment building. But it wasn't really an apartment, it was kind of we walk into the door and here we are. So I guess its a hybrid of a house and an apartment building. On the one hand we have all first floor to ourselves and on the other hand we don't have any other floors. I don't know how I dreamed it, because we never lived in any place like that. Back in Russia my mom's parents lived on an appartment on the 3-rd floor and my dad lived in the appartment in the 6-th floor, and in America we never were restricted to just first floor. And that house didn't look like any other houses we ever lived in. I must say it was quite dirty though. And poorly illuminated.

In any case, what happened in the dream is that someone knocked at our door and said we have to move out, because an order have been passed that a certain housing areas are to be without the Jews. It was called in Russian, and the exact Russian phrase for it was "кварталы без жидов". My mom got really mad at that person and kept telling him that they have no evidence that she is Jewish because she no longer has old Soviet passport that says this, and the Russian passports never mention the information like this. Well, now as I am awake, it seems rather un-like my mom, because my mom isn't the one to deny her Jewishness. She would embrace it. But then again I never seen her in a situation like that, so who knows. In any case, despite my mom's protestations, we were forced to leave. And the dream ended when we were out on the open looking for a new place to live. Which there was plenty. After all, we were allowed to live anywhere *except for* in the territory referred to "кварталы без жидов". We were unfortunate enough that our old house fell into the newly designated "кварталы без жидов" and now we were looking for a place outside of it. While our former house was dark and dusty, the streets were bright and sunny. So everything looked pretty bright except that we had no place to live.

Well, that was definitely a bad dream. However, that was not nearly as bad as "pale of settlement". After all, in case of "pale of settlement", Jews couldn't live in major cities. But in my dream they COULD. In fact, they could live in 90% of major cities territory, except for infamous "кварталы без жидов". That, plus also back at the time when they had pale of settlement, Jews didn't have access to higher education, certain jobs, etc. But in my dream they have access to all of it, they just can't live in "кварталы без жидов". So what. They can't live at that particular block, but they can live a few blocks away. No biggie. And they still can go and get any career they want, and walk through most of the streets they want (as long as they walk around "кварталы без жидов").

By the way, if you think of it, this can be framed as capitalism rather than nazism. The idea of free market, in its purest form, is that anybody can do business -- or refuse doing business -- with anyone they want. Now, in America (and probably in Europe) they no longer have pure capitalism. So the law that says you can't refuse housing on the basis of race or religion is a very good example of deviation from pure capitalism. But that is not the only example. The law against monopolies is another example. The existence of property taxes is yet another example, etc.

Now, if the country were to get back to the capitalism in its purest form, then sure enough: the building owners that don't like Jews will make their building Jew-free; same goes for any other ethnic or religious group. But it goes both ways though. A Jew will likewise be allowed to make their building Jew-only. Would you say that this would make people selfish? Not necesserely. There are some non-Jews that really like Jews. So a non-Jew who likes Jews would likewise be able to make their building that favors Jews. Similarly, there are White liberals that feel really bad for blacks. So they will favor blacks in their housing. And of course there are other Whites who don't like blacks and they will make their houses black-free. So the houses that favor blacks would make up for the houses that are black-free. And on total everything will work out fine.

Was the idea of pure capitalism part of my dream? Nope. My dream began and ended on houses without Jews -- no content beyond that. So who knows whether it was capitalism or communism or nazism. Could be the worst nightmare coming. But now that I am thinking of it as I am awake, I realize that it is possible to impliment it within the realm of pure capitalism, in which case it wouldn't be as bad as it looks.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 2:04 pm

That's a rather interesting dream...

I'm not sure where exactly the US is headed in the next couple of decades but it feels to me like it will be a dystopia either way.

It could wind up becoming a totalitarian society, or maybe it will all collapse into anarchy?

♤ The Military