I have no respect for game journalists

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 4:48 pm

Never thought I would have to bump this up, but the G4TV feminist meltdown...Dear God. I just learned that G4TV was back and now it's already dying again because of THIS.

I'd rather watch their endless marathons of COPS during their first era of decline back when it was still on television rather than listen to this woman complain about gamers being -ists and -phobes.

I miss Code Monkeys.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Nemesis2k7
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2022, 5:08 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
From the ongoing mistreatment of a certain blue hedgehog even when a good game gets released. "Oh, he hasn't had the best jump to 3D" Beat that dead horse a little more why don't you?

Then there's journalists with no skills in video games given review copies and this is what I see.

His review: "the controls are slow and klunky, can't even beat the tutorial"
The Air Dash was staring him right in the face!

And finally, there's Kotaku who's always pushing out these stupid woke articles. What's worse is that they continue to use the boogieman that is Gamergate. Let Gamergate die, please. I'm tired of hearing it.

journalists are often ignorant. thats why i dont read / watch most of the nonsense they put out on the internet. lowers my i.q everytime

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2024, 8:40 pm

They criticize sonic the hedgehog for stupid reasons, and that's why many unpleasant people insult and hate sonic the most.

[url=dailymotion.com/thesonicfan2002]my dailymotion[/url]

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 10:47 pm

the sonic fan 2002 wrote:
They criticize sonic the hedgehog for stupid reasons, and that's why many unpleasant people insult and hate sonic the most.

I have to ask. What is your opinion on the people who give praise to bad and/or glitchy Sonic games of the modern era by saying "at least it's not Sonic 06"?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2024, 11:23 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
the sonic fan 2002 wrote:

I have to ask. What is your opinion on the people who give praise to bad and/or glitchy Sonic games of the modern era by saying "at least it's not Sonic 06"?

I think that sometimes the hatred that people have for games like sonic 2006, sonic boom rise of lyric, sonic and the secret rings, sonic shuffle and sonic free riders at least if it is reasonable, while others like sonic unleashed, sonic and the black knight, Sonic heroes, sonic lost world, the 3ds sonic boom games, team sonic racing, sonic frontiers, sonic superstars, sonic forces, sonic rivals 1 and 2 and the first 2 sonic riders do not deserve to be hated.

and I think that people who praise games that do not deserve to be hated like sonic unleashed or sonic and the black knight are not bad at all, at least if they know how to appreciate the good things about Sonic and recognize the mistakes that are not mistakes

[url=dailymotion.com/thesonicfan2002]my dailymotion[/url]

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jan 2024, 5:40 pm

I feel like the real problem with game journalists is that they're too political these days. A lot of game reviews these days quickly devolve into complaints about racism, sexism, and transphobia. Wired hosted a review of Hogwarts Legacy that focuses almost exclusively on Rowling's anti-trans views, with barely any mention of the game's gameplay and storyline.

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2024, 6:01 pm

NibiruMul wrote:
I feel like the real problem with game journalists is that they're too political these days. A lot of game reviews these days quickly devolve into complaints about racism, sexism, and transphobia. Wired hosted a review of Hogwarts Legacy that focuses almost exclusively on Rowling's anti-trans views, with barely any mention of the game's gameplay and storyline.

This was especially funny, because the game itself took pains to be as inclusive as possible. And, frankly, let her have whatever opinions she wants.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 8:44 pm

Agreed. I am tired of the culture war.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2024, 10:38 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Agreed. I am tired of the culture war.

100%

I'm sick of it both ways. The problem is that many people are prone to just amplify what their "side" is saying. It's some weird social heuristic that people have, and I kind of understand it – I'm not totally immune – but it's always being used to draw people into being hyper-polarised, into dehumanising people who aren't in the same camp.

Ultimately I just want to be a human being, and I want to talk to human beings. I don't want people with power to control who can talk.

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2024, 9:55 pm

The kicker about Hogwarts Legacy is that J.K. Rowling had virtually no involvement in it, and yet the reviewers still used it as an excuse to complain about her. I mean, I'm not exactly a fan of her (nor do I like Harry Potter), but if she wasn't involved with the game, there's no reason to attack her.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:23 am

NibiruMul wrote:
The kicker about Hogwarts Legacy is that J.K. Rowling had virtually no involvement in it, and yet the reviewers still used it as an excuse to complain about her. I mean, I'm not exactly a fan of her (nor do I like Harry Potter), but if she wasn't involved with the game, there's no reason to attack her.

She's the fountainhead for the entire franchise though. It'd be like if George Lucas was spouting bigotry online, Star Wars would lose fans despite his current lack of involvement.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う