Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2004, 9:43 pm

I know I am. I mean, I was looking forward to elementary school being over for...since the beginning of last semester. I do well in school (never got a grade lower than a C+ [then again, I'm very forgetful]) but I hate school. The only reason I gave it a B on the exit survey was so my school didn't get horrible ratings. To be perfectly honest, it deserves a C. Next year, I'm going into middle school. I'm nervous. One of the intervention people told me all the kids came back from the school I'm going to next year said, "I love (the middle school's name)! (the elementary school's name)'s really small!". Me, I think I'd be crazy when visiting my elementary school and go around the school...crazy. I mean, I'm not insulting Asperger's Syndrome or anything, I have AS myself. Anyway, now I'm going on and on about elementary and middle school and the exit survey and everything in-between. Goodbye!

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

26 Jun 2004, 12:18 am

Yup, finally summer!

Myself, I kinda broke down going to school every day and I just couldn't take it. So I worked out this plan with the school where I just do the work at home and bring it in. It's been about a week since school got out, and they've been slow getting me the work, but I can't wait to be done.

Next year, I'm doing a combination of local college courses, online courses, local (other) high school courses, and taking Driver's Ed at my current high school. Should be much less stressful!

the_enigma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2004, 9:14 am

I'm glad I'm out of school. I hope that summer doesn't go by too fast and I could slowly enjoy it. I dislike school and I can't wait to go to college.
It's boring and you have to deal with people you don't like or don't want to be around 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
I wish that I could revise a couple of things about school but it wouldn't happen by the time I leave. Maybe one day I'll take a government position so powerful that it changes school.
If only it could happen... I could only dream about it now.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2004, 11:12 am

I'm enjoying my holidays so far! Its been interesting...I have officially left compulsory education but I'm going to stay at my school for sixth form (further education- I did have a discussion with Dan once about what that is equivalent to over there but it just confused me!) Two more years...then university. I don't want to leave my school I like it..

riotgrrrlzrock
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2004, 7:30 pm

My son is 9 years old and has Asperger's. He doesn't particularly like school either, but I think he likes the structure of it. Since summer vacation began, his behavior has gotten worse and he is having a lot of trouble at bedtime. His therapists think it is because of the lack of structure. you guys would know better than the therapists. Do you think this is true?

Crystal

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jul 2004, 6:11 am

riotgrrrlzrock wrote:
My son is 9 years old and has Asperger's. He doesn't particularly like school either, but I think he likes the structure of it. Since summer vacation began, his behavior has gotten worse and he is having a lot of trouble at bedtime. His therapists think it is because of the lack of structure. you guys would know better than the therapists. Do you think this is true?

Crystal

its possible I guess- I get panicky when I think about leaving school in two years because while I don't always particulary enjoy school its a routine and a structure that I'm used to. Has your son ever had any problems at this time of year before?

Sonas càirdeas

vivreestesperer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2004, 12:00 am

Quote:
Do you think this is true?

Yeah...I share your son's opinion...I don't like the actual work of school and there are a lot of parts about school I don't like but I love the structure. I can definitely see behavioral problems coming from the angst and worry about having no structure over the summer. At least in school you know what you're supposed to be doing at all times, etc.