It makes me sad that people are led astray by misinformation

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 2:14 pm

I do sometimes wish people we were all in it together to defeat the pandemic rather than ignore it and spout out lies that its all a conspiracy by governments to control us and that the disease is a fabrication to get us to listen and obey everything they say and lock us all up even deny that people have died which must clearly be insulting to the families who have lost loved ones. I saw poster saying that misinformation prolongs the pandemic and that still seems to leave me with little hope and no where near the end of the tunnel. I have also heard that they have had to cancel certain events and things for a second or third time (despite the fact many people have vaccinated which prevents many people from dying but not the transmission as much) such as this marathon they were going to run in Yorkshire next year. I don't want to forever live in a world with more cancellations, more restrictions and so on. I seem to have almost forgotten what it was like before when other viruses were all round us already like the common cold and the flu and our lives were not restricted wherever we went and I was never worrying before all of this, about it being in a restaurant with other people close beside me spreading germs when non of us then were wearing masks. I'm now always watching how close I am to people and don't want to be near anyone I don't know if they don't wear a mask.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 2:43 pm

A G R E E D !

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 4:31 pm

I think the internet prolongs the pandemic, not just because of misinformation but also because the government forcing everyone to become reliant on the internet isn't healthy long-term. Humans need physical social interaction, not just from a screen.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 11:10 am

A part of me also thinks maybe they won't prolong it because they are risking themselves of being infected.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Oct 2021, 12:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I think the internet prolongs the pandemic, not just because of misinformation but also because the government forcing everyone to become reliant on the internet isn't healthy long-term. Humans need physical social interaction, not just from a screen.
Saying this here on an autism forum is blasphemy :wink: I couldn't resist :lol:
Seriously thou I agree with you. Lots of people are getting most all their information & social interaction from social-media these days. The social media companies are mega huge corporations & we all know that the big corporations would never place profit above what is best for the public right :skull:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 1:13 pm

It makes me sad that the society has been acting like floormats and haven't seen with their eyes that this Cas Vide stuff has been blown out of proportion and that non-sick people are being isolated due to traces of a mostly non deadly virus!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 1:15 pm

If a piece of alleged 'information' is first seen in Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube, it is a safe bet that it is entirely bogus.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 1:23 pm

I have heard that a lot of small children aren't developing social skills properly because of lockdown and not being able to go to school or nursery. Also a lot of children weren't getting their education properly at home, not like they would during a full school day in the classroom.
Children are society's future, and if they're not properly educated (socially and intellectually) then we might be headed for a very strange future. Hopefully many children will adjust and regain their social confidence by the time they're teenagers, but social environments is actually vital for children under 6 because that's when their social skills are developing the fastest. School isn't just for learning your ABCs, it is also for learning social and emotional development, which is also an important part of a child's life.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Oct 2021, 1:59 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I have heard that a lot of small children aren't developing social skills properly because of lockdown and not being able to go to school or nursery. Also a lot of children weren't getting their education properly at home, not like they would during a full school day in the classroom.
Children are society's future, and if they're not properly educated (socially and intellectually) then we might be headed for a very strange future. Hopefully many children will adjust and regain their social confidence by the time they're teenagers, but social environments is actually vital for children under 6 because that's when their social skills are developing the fastest. School isn't just for learning your ABCs, it is also for learning social and emotional development, which is also an important part of a child's life.
Well said :wtg: My mom is a retired teacher who mostly taught pre-K but she also taught kindergarten or 1st grade for one year & also 8th grade for the 2nd half of a year. Most of her friends are fellow teachers & I have heard LOTS of cases about how early quality education can make a huge difference for a kid. That said bad experiences can also make a huge negative difference for a kid. There's a bit of members on this forum who end up dropping out or get homeschooling because of major problems with bullying & not getting their special needs met in a mainstream classroom. I was bullied alot in elementary school & had lots of conflict & problems with my teachers & I'm sure that kinda f#cked me up in some major ways. While I do believe that schooling is very important for kids, the one size fits all approach of trying to to hold every kid in each grade to the exact same standards & treat them all exactly the same way is MAJORLY failing lots of kids & some kids really could be better off in a much smaller classroom or with private tutoring or homeschooling instead. I guess my point is that while going to school can potentially be very beneficial for lots of kids, there are exceptions & some kids actually could be better off with an alternative where they may get social interaction on a more individual bases like one on one or small groups instead of being part of big classes & having hundreds of students in their same grade where they have a different teacher & differnt group of students for each subject they take.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 2:00 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I have heard that a lot of small children aren't developing social skills properly because of lockdown and not being able to go to school or nursery. Also a lot of children weren't getting their education properly at home, not like they would during a full school day in the classroom...
Take away their mobile devices, lock up their home computers, homeschool them IAW acceptable public-school standards, and you will soon see a vast improvement in their social skills and their education.

:) ... after they get over their withdrawal symptoms and stop throwing tantrums, of course.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 6:29 pm

@ OP: Well-said! So much confusion has been going on in this world that sometimes it's hard
to tell what is truth and what is not.