Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2021, 9:32 pm

I will sit or lay in the same position for hours. I know I have to get up but I feel so much fear that I cannot but I feel fear if I'm just sitting or lying in bed. It makes me feel anxious just talking about it.

Sometimes during these moments I just feel brain fog too. Like I have to get used to my surroundings after it's all over. This also happens in the shower. I will sit in there for a long time even after I have turned off the water. I'm never depressed when this happens, I'm just feeling overwhelmed.

Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 9:07 pm

Hmm, don't think it's full-blown catatonia but possibly signs thereof. I was like that some 6-7 years ago at the peak of my psychotic illness. Couldn't "deal" with the world around me so I got stuck in bed for hours and hours on end, while my brain was kind of just flying around in an inner storm of disjointed thoughts.

I can also relate to sitting in the shower. It's like the world in your head is so intense you can't put energy into managing your own body. Even when I was out and about, my arm would sometimes get stuck in a certain position and I would stand like that for 10-15 minutes waiting for the bus, or something.

Try to get a lot of rest when you're tired, and try to conserve that energy to simple tasks when you're feeling better.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2021, 9:56 pm

1986 wrote:
Hmm, don't think it's full-blown catatonia but possibly signs thereof. I was like that some 6-7 years ago at the peak of my psychotic illness. Couldn't "deal" with the world around me so I got stuck in bed for hours and hours on end, while my brain was kind of just flying around in an inner storm of disjointed thoughts.

I can also relate to sitting in the shower. It's like the world in your head is so intense you can't put energy into managing your own body. Even when I was out and about, my arm would sometimes get stuck in a certain position and I would stand like that for 10-15 minutes waiting for the bus, or something.

Try to get a lot of rest when you're tired, and try to conserve that energy to simple tasks when you're feeling better.

Oh ok. Yeah, its like that for me. The world feels overwhelming. I was in bed for 4 hours this evening. My thoughts are not calm. One of my relatives got annoyed with me and tried to get me to get up and do something.

It's so disorienting in the shower. I fall asleep as well. I lose track of time and I want to get out but it's difficult. It makes me feel weird.

I sometimes feel so lost. Like I dont know certain things I should know. Everything feels foggy. It physically hurts to have to go pee because I have to get up. I have peed myself because of this. I'm really clumsy too. I just wander through the days sometimes. I have been to the hospital before. I dont like going there.