US states where one can get medical cannabis for Autistics

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2021, 9:18 pm

I know some states have medical cannabis/marijuana, but I've also heard that some of those states being autistic isn't a reason that you can get it. Can anyone with experience or knowledge with this let me know what states make it easier to get medical weed if autistic?

I used it in an illegal state for several years, and I too found it very helpful for socializing and just being friendlier with other people. Now I'm in an illegal state again, and am considering moving to another state and it's one of the factors I'm considering when I figure out where I could move to.

Thanks.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 9:25 pm

If you come to WA anyone (over 21) can smoke it. It's recreationally legal (but expensive). Though I don't know if you can get a medical marijuana card here for autism w/o having epilepsy or something.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 9:49 pm

Texas is one.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 5:02 am

many states are legalizing and it is not specified "medical" or recreational use. Check Illinois, Michigan, or do a general search for states where consumption of Cannabis goods is legal. No prescription or diagnosis required. Best wishes

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Ade C
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2021, 3:14 pm

Why do you need it to be legal?

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:50 pm

Nevada recently legalized it.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 4:36 pm

Interesting...got me wondering what UK policy is. I will take anything (within reason) if it gives me an edge in a social setting.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 4:49 pm

It's legal in the state of Colorado for general use. That said, specific to your question; "In April 2019, there was some big news for everyone in Colorado. Governor Jared Polis signed a bill that officially meant medical marijuana was approved for autism."

The Front Range (Denver, Boulder) in Colorado is awesome --- outside exercise and nature all year long. More sunny days than elsewhere in the US. Unfortunately the cost of living is going up now. Still lower than NYC, LAX, WDC but increasing. There is still affordable housing at the edge of the main corridors.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Interesting...got me wondering what UK policy is. I will take anything (within reason) if it gives me an edge in a social setting.

As it remains a Class B drug that it is illegal to possess, produce or distribute throughout the UK then this seems to impact upon the authorities willingness to license it for medical use. In short it is rarely prescribed and when it is this is for the following:

Anxiety
Depression
Chronic Pain and neuropathy
Panic Attacks
ADHD
PTSD
Epilepsy

As autism is not considered a 'treatable condition' then you would have zero chance of a doctor prescribing this or any other medication specifically for it.

The number of actual prescriptions issued nationally is miniscule. Well under a 100 I believe.

It is of course freely available pretty much everywhere and there appears to be a huge cottage industry producing large amounts in garages, basements and lock ups etc. I was talking to a policeman the other week and he said that the main way they gather intelligence on this is via intel on electricty useage. However, I dont think that the police that much effort into doing anything about it all. The main problem is being assured of the quality of what is being bought I should think.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community