Why can't I disagree without getting accused of a crime?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 12:20 pm

magz wrote:
Hello, theprisoner, I believe your above-average intelligence allows you to realize that habitual line-stepping means habitual trouble.

What can i say...i'm a troublesome person, with a troubled life. that's me. habitual trouble.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Oct 2021, 12:22 pm

Just don't make our troubled members more troubled and we'll come along just fine.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 1:07 pm

Nope.....there's no way thinkinginpictures committed a "crime." He just has opinions that I don't necessarily agree with.

There are certainly people who defraud the "system" by not working when they are perfectly capable of working....or even faking illness (mental, physical, or otherwise) to achieve being on "benefits."

There's absolutely no evidence that thinkinginpictures is doing this.

If somebody calls him a "criminal," they are probably seeking to troll him, to get a reaction out of him.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 1:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope.....there's no way thinkinginpictures committed a "crime." He just has opinions that I don't necessarily agree with.

There are certainly people who defraud the "system" by not working when they are perfectly capable of working....or even faking illness (mental, physical, or otherwise) to achieve being on "benefits."

There's absolutely no evidence that thinkinginpictures is doing this.

If somebody calls him a "criminal," they are probably seeking to troll him, to get a reaction out of him.

Thanks. I can also say with confidence that whichever benefit I'm entitled to or not, has absolutely no influence on my political opinion regarding UBI - Unconditional Basic Income.

It's not that I don't want to work. It's just that I don't want to be FORCED to work. That's two very different things.

You'd like some cake? Here, take it. You're obliged to do so.
Does this cake taste good to you then? No? Why?

- Because it was enforced. The cake can be really, REALLY delicious, yet taste like s**t, if you're forced to eat it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 3:19 pm

I have seen no evidence that the OP doesn't want to work, more like OP is struggling because of their disability so they are of course entitled to benefits and a living. Calling them lazy and saying they are a frauding the system is ableist. It's bad enough that many people out there think that people with disabilities are lazy and leeches and the UK tried something to get rid of so called leeches on the system but instead it ended up to thousands of deaths of disabled people after their benefits would be cut off. Makes me think this was intentional as a way to wipe them out of the population.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... wp-figures

This should show here that people rarely abuse the system.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm

Quote:
It's not that I don't want to work. It's just that I don't want to be FORCED to work.

In reality, lot of people are forced to work. They need money to make a living or else be homeless and be hungry all the time. But if you are on disability and have this attitude, it is not going to look good so I can understand where Nades get the idea you want to fraud the system. No one likes it when people just choose to not work while on welfare or on disability but if they are unable to work or unable to work full time, then it's not that they are choosing to not work, they are just not able to, not because they don't want to be forced. Sometimes semantics matter.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm

theprisoner wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
Personal attacks needs to stop!

I disagree, those sounds like the words i think of a very bad person, possible even a criminal.

Although I don't know you, I could tell right away you were simply being facetious. I admire your sense of humor and didn't think you were deliberately being offensive or literally accusing the OP of being a criminal.

Many folks here struggle with context.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 1:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Have you reported these attacks to the moderators?
Yes, and I just got a confirmation from Cornflake (admin) that it was personal attacks.
Good.

Shall I round up the villagers and hand out the torches and pitchforks?

bring them on, Ill mow them down - Ive got a f*****g laptop!

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 1:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Why is it that I cannot disagree with mainstream politics ie. employment and labor/unemployment benefits/UBI without getting accused of being a lazy theft or social fraud?

I think WrongPlanet should adopt a policy on banning personal accusations against each other, only because of political disagreements!

Personal attacks needs to stop!

viewtopic.php?t=400507&start=32#p8877049

When was an accusation of laziness an accusation of criminal activity? I don't follow.

In the Rats and Garbage thread. Against homeless in general. OP on some judge dredd s**t, at least in its mind.

But censorshit is not the answer! I want total f*****g war with these f*****s!~

even if I have to turn off anastymouth! :mrgreen: