Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Oct 2021, 3:22 pm

Is there a way a women with autism and sensory sensitivity can still be sexy and wear sexy things such as bras or lingerie?

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Oct 2021, 5:55 pm

I think I just messed up what I meant to say. Which is I have skin sensitivity and it makes it really hard to wear cute clothing and I'm just wondering if there's a way I'll ever be able to wear nice clothing that isn't all old and baggy.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 6:31 pm

Specify the sensitivity --
Is it a form of touch sensitivity? (Dislike being touched by any-thing in general or was it just with specific textures?)
Pressure sensitivity? (Disliking tightness or looseness)
Skin sensitivity? (Usually involves allergic reactions and irritations)

Or are you, in any chance, sensory-seeking like 'sensitive' without any covering/touching? (Sensitive to the environment like sun exposure or wind or humidity)
Or was it something more like sensitivity with temperatures instead?

And where or which part that concerns you?
Maybe someone here can help what kind of fabric or seams involved in your sensory needs.

The rest? The aesthetics of 'sexy' and 'cute' itself?
What to wear and etc... I got no opinion on that. :o

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Oct 2021, 7:03 pm

It's skin because a fabric on my jeans caused my skin to rub off and get a scab. And pressure because I like loser clothing because when I wear tight clothing I feel like I'm being constricted in some ways but I would like to wear a little more form fitting clothing.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 9:01 pm

christinejarvis21 wrote:
It's skin because a fabric on my jeans caused my skin to rub off and get a scab. And pressure because I like loser clothing because when I wear tight clothing I feel like I'm being constricted in some ways but I would like to wear a little more form fitting clothing.

Have you tried wearing leggings? some people say they aren't pants...but well they work just as well and some can be pretty comfy. I never liked tighter fitting jeans because they always feel too constrictive so did wear more baggy pants for quite some time. But now I wear leggings more often they are more form fitting, but also comfortable...at least the right ones can be if they have soft material and aren't too tight around the waist, but some leggings are more constricting especially the more spandex type material so I would not say all of them are comfortable but the right one can be. I admit I was kind of skeptical about the leggings but once I actually tried a pair I liked the feel of the material of I found they can be comfortable.

Also, there are like yoga pants and some just styled like that, which can be a little puffy around the legs but still kind of form fitting, I find that style can be pretty comfortable too, without looking like a potato.

As for bras, well idk I have mostly actually stopped wearing them I suppose once I get a job I'll wear a bra to work at least if I am wearing a shirt were my nipples might show if they perk up...But I can only wear bras without an underwire and so mostly I just use sports bras because those are the easiest ones to find without under-wires.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 2:34 am

christinejarvis21 wrote:
Is there a way a women with autism and sensory sensitivity can still be sexy and wear sexy things such as bras or lingerie?

I dont see how autism, nor sensory sensitivity, would stop you from wearing sexy clothing. Unless your sensory sensitivity is specific to some specific kind of cloth used in lingerie, or something.

AnaBukowski
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2021, 5:44 am

As for lingerie, there are many brands in the "indie lingerie" category that make bralettes from light, stretchy materials and in comfy fits. I've heard good things about brands like Flash You and Me, Toru & Naoko etc. Also Aerie (an American Eagle brand), especially for bigger cup sizes. The designs are cute and sexy but without underwires and scratchy fabrics. I hope it helps!

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 5:59 am

christinejarvis21 wrote:

I honestly have a lot of trouble wearing bras and panties. I typically don't wear them. They feel too constrictive and itchy. I think it's also important that you determine what makes YOU feel sexy before taking any of the advice here.

Here are some of my workarounds:
1) Cute/soft camisoles or tank tops in place of bras (you could probably even get a camisole that looks like lingerie)
2) Sports bras in place of underwire bras (there are actually some really pretty ones out there)
3) Wearing long, loose-fitting dresses where #1 and #2 are not necessary.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 6:50 am

Since the pressure's the problem (among other things?), that does make appearing sexy harder since tight fitting clothes that don't leave much to imagination when it comes to shapes has a big role in what's considered sexy. Have you gone to any lingerie shops for advice? Maybe they'd have some models that are more loose fitting and won't feel as uncomfortable, but will still look good.

Of course, there's always the option of wearing clothes that are sexy due to being revealing. And the option of learning how to use your body language to appear sexy no matter what you wear, but I would assume this to be hard for us on the spectrum. And the option of just... not being sexy? Of course, this one's a better option if you don't want to be sexy, but since you apparently do, guess that's off the list.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Oct 2021, 10:48 am

thanks for the advice

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Oct 2021, 11:02 am

! magz wrote:
Some of the posts have been removed and if I see something like that again, someone will get in trouble.

You can try professional bra fitting to find out if uncomfortable lingerie isn't mainly unfitting lingerie in your case.
I'm not an expert on sexiness (I rather intentionally downplay it for myself) but I often find smooth drapes not as much "sexy" as rather "beautiful". You can also think of using transculent fabrics.
Low necklines are another thing that comes to my mind as sexy and sensory-friendly.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2021, 8:59 am

I found lace sensory but over time got used to it.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:16 am

aspieprincess123 wrote:

I could never adjust to lacey things! I will scratch myself relentlessly!

There are some other pretty, soft fabrics available out there though!

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2021, 3:27 am

Flown wrote:
aspieprincess123 wrote:

I could never adjust to lacey things! I will scratch myself relentlessly!

There are some other pretty, soft fabrics available out there though!

My first time wearing lace panties made me keep, rubbing there which gave me my first mastebation experience

StickBugette
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2021, 5:58 pm

I like to wear short skirts that aren't tight, but instead are pleated or a-line or stretchy. Underneath them I wear men's boxers. You can buy women's undershorts but they cost double and are basically the same thing.

I think I look really good, without being too revealing, and nothing bugs me sensorily.

Pair a short skirt with a loose crop top and you are good to go!
You can get all of this stuff, including soft cotton bras, at H&M