Ever since I have big windows I get neighbours banging...

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 3:02 am

Do you think they forced them on me on purpose? I seem to have some seriously unstable neighbours... and from the looks of it they knew about this long before... so far I've just ignored them, hoping the windows won't break, but nothing's impenetrable, so what do I do if they break in? I'm thinking they did this on purpose to get me either murdered or be a murderer... I'm so fed up of people, I swear...

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 5:01 am

I don't understand. Your neighbors made you get the big windows? What are you saying?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:09 pm

Are your neighbours banging on the windows?

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 3:07 pm

Having a witness might help.

If a friend, family member, or person from a service agency, could visit for a couple of hours, and happens to be there while these unstable neighbors come by and bang, you then have a witness.

Your witness might even step outside and look at them with a raised eyebrow.

And it helps if your witness is reasonably well dressed without overdoing it. Because that hints at having connections.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 3:09 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
Having a witness might help.

If a friend, family member, or person from a service agency, could visit for a couple of hours, and happens to be there while these unstable neighbors come by and bang, you then have a witness.

Your witness might even step outside and look at them with a raised eyebrow.

And it helps if your witness is reasonably well dressed without overdoing it. Because that hints at having connections.

Just have a couple of middle aged men in tracksuits and gold chains step out to speak to them. They'll recognize the uniform.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm

For another problem I had I literally recorded them, and... of course police wouldn't do anything. Don't you know they only intervene if murder actually happens? No way would it ever be before, too busy eating doughnuts to bother...

And... yeah, all this is due to 'official' people too, so I'm guessing if they forced me here on purpose then I doubt they'd do anything if I have a recording. That's as best as I can do, as usually they leave before someone can arrive here... oh, also, I suspect the bastards who forced me here might also be thinking they can charge me for broken windows if neighbours break through... not that that would be the worst problem I'd have if they enter and I either kill them or they kill me...

Humans are truly the worst.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 3:45 pm

Wow i am sorry that happened to you. It's really horrible and the attitude of the police is disgusting. I guess it's Just a thing that happens when innocent people are terrorized and harrassed by delinquents.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 5:23 pm

noisserped wrote:
And... yeah, all this is due to 'official' people too, so I'm guessing if they forced me here on purpose then I doubt they'd do anything if I have a recording.

Institutions are weird. Most often, the employees are just going through the motions. Sometimes they even get pissy if you don’t want the almost random help they offer.

Seems to depend on the mood of the employee,

Much more so than the seriousness of the situation, the logic of what you’re asking, or anything of that sort.

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2021, 4:35 pm

So... what should I do if they ever break in?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 2:06 pm

noisserped wrote:
So... what should I do if they ever break in?

If they break in you call the police immediately. If they are trespassing on your property you can call the police and charge them for trespassing.

Wreck It Ralph

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2021, 3:03 pm

The problem is...

I can't believe people just seemingly imply that people who break in will just stay in one place as if in a cage or something... they could have broken in with an intent to kill me... in which case what else can I do but defend and counterattack?

I doubt any sort of police, even if they act professionally, will be here in the seconds people who broke in could take to reach me...

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 9:25 pm

noisserped wrote:
The problem is...

I can't believe people just seemingly imply that people who break in will just stay in one place as if in a cage or something... they could have broken in with an intent to kill me... in which case what else can I do but defend and counterattack?

I doubt any sort of police, even if they act professionally, will be here in the seconds people who broke in could take to reach me...

It doesn't matter. Even if the police come after the fact, you still need to make a police report.

Wreck It Ralph

Ade C
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2021, 2:11 pm

noisserped wrote:
The problem is...

You don't say which country you're in. If it's the US I'd get myself a gun