Coolest thing anyone with ASD ever said?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 6:32 am

when I read Alis Rowe's meme "before I knew about aspergers syndrome it never occurred to me that I was having challenges that other people just did not have" it struck right at my heart. I knew she was right and it convinced me that it was OK to be different, and to forgive myself for all the hard parts of my life before anybody knew about the autism in me and in my family. What a relief. I never knew, never suspected, and spent my life in self blame and sorrow, fear and feeling helpless to help myself.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:17 pm

"Go crunch your bowl of GURPSios somewhere else, Poindexter.  We're trying to roleplay here!"

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Nov 2021, 2:18 pm

Cool responses so far. One of my ASD friends was folding a sheet at her hotel job and she got a bunch of shocks. She said “Damn, that’s enough to light up New York City!” It made everyone at work laugh. They usually don’t give her much attention in general but they gave her a lot of credit for that one.

Last bumped by Erjoy29 on 08 Nov 2021, 2:18 pm.