Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 6:35 pm

Every November, with any person, it's always the same convo:-

Other person: They're saying we're meant to get a really bad winter this year
Me: But they say that every year
Other person: Yes but they reckon it's going to be really bad this year; temperatures dropping way below freezing, blizzards...
Me: OK, whatever you say

8 times out of 10 we don't see a single snowflake here in the Southern part of the UK throughout the whole winter, yet I still find myself having this same conversation with everyone every year.

I remember back in 2013, in November the whole front page of the newspapers said that the entire UK was in for a harsh winter with up to 7 feet of snow for 4 months, starting December 1st. And you know what happened? There wasn't a single flake of snow that winter, the temperature generally stayed above freezing, and spring arrived early. (Maybe only the top half of the country got snow but not as much as the papers predicted).

I reckon it's just a way for stores selling winter jackets to make money.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 9:17 pm

Climates are weird.

Maybe while it's not happening in your current region, it often does elsewhere?

And it may or may not be advertisements for jackets. :lol:
It may or may also not for scaring potential immigrants who don't know the climate well.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 9:24 pm

It snows almost every year here.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)