Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 10:25 am

Ettina wrote:
QFT wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
People are against making Covid-vaccines compulsory, while at the same time being FOR compulsory military service (conscription).

I find it hard to understand the reasoning behind this, because conscription is far more intrusive than vaccines.
With vaccines, you can still live your life as you so choose. You decide where to live, where to work, what to work with if you want to work at all.

With conscription you're forced to live at a specific place, during a specific period of time, working a specific job, which you cannot refuse.

Yet people ONLY complain about making vaccines compulsory, they never complain about conscription.

Why?

I am against compulsory military service, too. So don't put the words in my mouth.

But one aspect in which vaccines are worse is that military service comes to the end while the effect of vaccines can't be "undone".

Military service can have effects that can't be undone, either. If you get your arm blown off by an IED, for example, you can't get it back.

Not all of the effects of war are easy to see:

I have two uncles who were drafted during the Vietnam era. One became a medic, the other was a helicopter squadron commander. Once they returned stateside, the medic became mentally unstable after seeing so much death, as he could not save his friends. Drinking to forget was his job for twenty years afterward. After he sobered up and put his life back together, he drowned in a icy lake saving another’s life. He lived to help others.

The other uncle enjoyed killing things so much he had to continue hunting things out in the wilderness, license or not. Animal head trophies filled his house. I remember him gloating about all of the people he killed in war and wished it would have continued. Bloodlust overtook his mind. (Unfortunately that one is still with us, I avoid him at all cost). Neither were quite the same after their military service. You never know how war will mentally change you.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:36 pm

Pick your kind of slavery, considering how much the people in charge cares for each individuals out there…