Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 7:06 am

Where did I say I don’t believe in research? I do believe in it.

I don’t believe in eugenics.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Nov 2021, 8:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Where did I say I don’t believe in research? I do believe in it.

I don’t believe in eugenics.
I didn't mean to imply that you didn't. I haven't been up long when I typed that post.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 8:47 am

I do believe the emphasis should be more on attending to the feelings of the person already autistic, over seeking to find the "one true cause" of autism.

Seeking to find the "one true cause" or "cure" for autism is like searching for the Holy Grail.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 10:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I do believe the emphasis should be more on attending to the feelings of the person already autistic, over seeking to find the "one true cause" of autism.

Seeking to find the "one true cause" or "cure" for autism is like searching for the Holy Grail.

But there might be certain genes among many more minor ones that are especially dominant in people with ASD that could perhaps be represses in the future to allow a child to develop better social skills perhaps?

Alternatively, they might find no genes in common between autistics which could mean the "hereditary" nature might just be socially awkward parents passing their awkwardness on via their own poor social connections.

I always thought it was a mix of the two. It's 2021 and still no clear genetic links have been found while it's no mystery kids personalities are often cut from the same cloth as their parents.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 11:32 am

The Autistic community put out a joint statement of concern open for the public to add their signatures to, this statement has gained massive traction since it was published, and we would like to invite you to a panel discussion with Autistic academics, advocates and parents to discuss those concerns and what it means to our community.

Who’s on the panel?
Dr Monique Botha, Dr Chloe Farahar of Aucademy, Kieran Rose – The Autistic Advocate, Priscilla Eyles, Holly Smale, Tanya Adkin, Autistic Science Person, Emergent Divergent (David Gray-Hammond), Liz Soper

http://www.autscape.org/

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 11:57 am

KenG wrote:
The Autistic community put out a joint statement of concern open for the public to add their signatures to, this statement has gained massive traction since it was published, and we would like to invite you to a panel discussion with Autistic academics, advocates and parents to discuss those concerns and what it means to our community.

Who’s on the panel?
Dr Monique Botha, Dr Chloe Farahar of Aucademy, Kieran Rose – The Autistic Advocate, Priscilla Eyles, Holly Smale, Tanya Adkin, Autistic Science Person, Emergent Divergent (David Gray-Hammond), Liz Soper

Who gave them authority to speak for 150 million people?

- George Bernie Shaw

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 12:23 pm

KenG wrote:

Who’s on the panel?

But they're not the autistic community. They're only a small fringe group with to much time on their hands.

There is a saying we all heard if. "The devil makes work for idle hands". In the case of autistics it's more "unhealthy obsessions and poor judgment makes work idle autistics"

This over reaction is brought about by their autism and obsessive minds, let's be honest with ourselves here.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 1:13 pm

Nades: skip watched about 5 min worth of them speaking utter garbage and had to turn it off.

Lots of SJW / woke like terms being used, an outsider would be forgiven for asking what the hell is all that got to do with disabled people unable to do basic living skills due to a brain disorder.

If their autism is so great why are they not living their great lives as autistic people? Why do they feel the need to dictate to others, if they wanted to participate in 10k

- George Bernie Shaw

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 1:35 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Nades: skip watched about 5 min worth of them speaking utter garbage and had to turn it off.

Lots of SJW / woke like terms being used, an outsider would be forgiven for asking what the hell is all that got to do with disabled people unable to do basic living skills due to a brain disorder.

If their autism is so great why are they not living their great lives as autistic people? Why do they feel the need to dictate to others, if they wanted to participate in 10k

You're right. For autism supposedly being so great they do a lot of complaining. If their lives were that good, why would they even care about this?

You can see they're planning to talk about utter rubbish the second I seen their personal pronouns in a simple video conference where pronouns are not warranted....almost like they want to subdivide themselves before they even opened their mouths which is what I knew full well they always wanted to do.

Their entire lives are about dividing and putting themselves and others into boxes, only they demand it's done with me and you if we want it or not. It's like enforcing feminism on all women.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 1:47 pm

carlos55 wrote:

What the f**k too? "Hello, I'm Doctor Chloe Farahar, I'm a white woman, shaved head, wearing glasses and wearing a rose dress sitting in my office" and then they all start giving similar descriptions when asked to introduce themselves.

How much does a pack of 40 Durex condoms cost again? What absolute embarrassments to have representing us. It's no wonder we don't see eye to eye with them.

"Thick framed black glasses, Thick framed black glasses, Thick framed black glasses"......remember to state what colour and type of glasses you wear otherwise this meeting can't go ahead....what a bunch of tools.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 3:42 pm

Nades wrote:
They're only a small fringe group with to much time on their hands.

There is a saying we all heard if. "The devil makes work for idle hands". In the case of autistics it's more "unhealthy obsessions and poor judgment makes work idle autistics"
I'm not sure if they have have too much time on their hands, because some of them seem quite busy.
For example:
Dr Monique Botha is a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Stirling, whose research revolves around minority stress, mental health, and community connectedness in the autistic community.
Dr Chloe Farahar is an associate lecturer at University of Kent, and co-founder and educator at Aucademy, a project for Autistic learning and the education of non-autistic people about Autistic experience.
Holly Smale is the author of the best-selling book series "Geek Girl" (about an undiagnosed autistic teenager).

http://www.autscape.org/

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 3:53 pm

KenG wrote:
Nades wrote:
They're only a small fringe group with to much time on their hands.

I'm not sure if they have have too much time on their hands, because some of them seem quite busy.
For example:
Dr Monique Botha is a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Stirling, whose research revolves around minority stress, mental health, and community connectedness in the autistic community.
Dr Chloe Farahar is an associate lecturer at University of Kent, and co-founder and educator at Aucademy, a project for Autistic learning and the education of non-autistic people about Autistic experience.
Holly Smale is the author of the best-selling book series "Geek Girl" (about an undiagnosed autistic teenager).

Their fields of speciality is literally living and breathing autism though. Their hands are not idle if you count misguided autism advocacy for sure. Shame their hands are idle with everything else though.

They seem utterly clueless to me. Woefully unable to comprehend the science they're protesting against as it's as far out if their narrow minded field as it could possibly be.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 6:35 pm

I think suggesting pregnant women should have available information about the fetus with-held from them in the name of not allowing them to choose to abort if it has a health condition, is a dangerous slippery slope. More dangerous than researching what specific factors may cause autism, even if it did lead to some would be mothers choosing to abort in the case of autism.

How many of these protestors could raise a child let alone an autistic child or one with downs syndrome?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 6:51 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I think suggesting pregnant women should have available information about the fetus with-held from them in the name of not allowing them to choose to abort if it has a health condition, is a dangerous slippery slope. More dangerous than researching what specific factors may cause autism, even if it did lead to some would be mothers choosing to abort in the case of autism.

How many of these protestors could raise a child let alone an autistic child or one with downs syndrome?

Many probably can't even look after themselves.

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2021, 4:58 am

KenG wrote:
The Autistic community put out a joint statement of concern open for the public to add their signatures to,

I am steve30. My pronouns are it/its. I am wearing clothes. I am sat in a chair, which is located in a room, in a house, situated adjacent to a road, in a suburban part of Rotherham, on the planet Earth. I am typing on a keyboard inbetween taking bites of Chicken Tikka Masala.

A 2 hour 45 minute video is hardly a statement. Is there some executive summary available for those of us who are interested in finding out their opinions but don't have the patience for such a long video?

Like Nades and carlos55, I watched a few minutes, and gave up after several of them went to a considerable amount of effort to describe their hairstyle, glasses and cookery books, which is completely irrelevant in a video.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 5:22 am

steve30 wrote:
KenG wrote:
The Autistic community put out a joint statement of concern open for the public to add their signatures to,

I am steve30. My pronouns are it/its. I am wearing clothes. I am sat in a chair, which is located in a room, in a house, situated adjacent to a road, in a suburban part of Rotherham, on the planet Earth. I am typing on a keyboard inbetween taking bites of Chicken Tikka Masala.

A 2 hour 45 minute video is hardly a statement. Is there some executive summary available for those of us who are interested in finding out their opinions but don't have the patience for such a long video?

Like Nades and carlos55, I watched a few minutes, and gave up after several of them went to a considerable amount of effort to describe their hairstyle, glasses and cookery books, which is completely irrelevant in a video.

What a terrible description of yourself. You forgot to mention your skin colour and colour of your clothes. They would have probably paused the meeting until you did.

I think it's a waste of time finding out their opinions because they seem long past the point of sanity. I knew immediately they thought autism was an "identity" when they were unable to even give a simple introduction without creating an "identity" of themselves. To these people, everything is about putting others into boxes if they like it or not.

They probably think pancreatic cancer is an identity that needs to be protected.