Verdict returned in Rittenhouse trial

Page 59 of 60 [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 10:24 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh well I feel that this tragedy was politicized before Kyle was driven to the republican side of it. But I feel it is the democrats fault since they chose to politicize it in the media first it seems, it's there fault for choosing to be his enemy, and thereby pushing to the republican side. If you choose to make enemies, those enemies could then team up with one's other enemies as a result, if they have no friends.

If democrats chose not to politicize the tragedy at all, then Kyle would have nothing to capilitize on afterwards.

I think its hard to say, personally, but it seems lately that anything newsworthy is going to force itself into one polarized box or the other. I'm not sure anyone can prevent it anymore. I'm not sure any single side is to blame anymore; its just become the unfortunate dynamics of our society.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 10:30 pm

Oh I see. Well when it comes to people choosing to politicize events, and then have it backfire on them, I feel that it's not an issue that can be brushed off as 's$#t happens, what can you do', unless I am wrong?

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 10:50 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
As he drove out of the court room in a moment he thinks the glare of the camera is not on him he looks remarkably sorry and remorseful for all the harm he created, the families left to mourn his killing spree and tax payers money he wasted

Another Zimmerman

Looks like a pretty normal reaction to being acquitted after having been on trial for your life to me.

Agreed! I hope more people will pay attention. When you go around terrorizing a town people and get confronted for it, then think you'll attack the person with the courage to stand up to you and get shot for it, maybe you'll smarten up and tear down your own property instead. Good for Kyle...

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm

One thing I learned from watching the trial, Kyle keeps being hailed by the media as a white supremist, yet not only were the three people he shot white, but he was helping protect a business, that was owned by none-white people. How could some people possibly believe he was a white supramist if he was helping non-white friends of his in a riot situation...

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 11:26 pm

ironpony wrote:
One thing I learned from watching the trial, Kyle keeps being hailed by the media as a white supremist, yet not only were the three people he shot white, but he was helping protect a business, that was owned by none-white people. How could some people possibly believe he was a white supramist if he was helping non-white friends of his in a riot situation...

Some people are really, really, really, stupid.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 12:11 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Morally, however, we are free to find it repugnant that he could profit while two lie dead.

I think Mahatma Ghandi said “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

The way the America legal system treats human beings doesn't bode well for moral progress.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 2:49 am

Dox47 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Some people are really, really, really, stupid.

That's a racist thing to say :wink:

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 2:03 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh well I feel that this tragedy was politicized before Kyle was driven to the republican side of it. But I feel it is the democrats fault since they chose to politicize it in the media first it seems, it's there fault for choosing to be his enemy, and thereby pushing to the republican side. If you choose to make enemies, those enemies could then team up with one's other enemies as a result, if they have no friends.

If democrats chose not to politicize the tragedy at all, then Kyle would have nothing to capilitize on afterwards.

I think its hard to say, personally, but it seems lately that anything newsworthy is going to force itself into one polarized box or the other. I'm not sure anyone can prevent it anymore. I'm not sure any single side is to blame anymore; its just become the unfortunate dynamics of our society.

But how do the democrats and republicans decide which side to take? What if they both coincidentally take the same side, since it's a 50/50 chance? Do they just see who takes the opposite side first then as a result if they feel they cannot agree?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 3:24 am

ironpony wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
ironpony wrote:

But how do the democrats and republicans decide which side to take? What if they both coincidentally take the same side, since it's a 50/50 chance? Do they just see who takes the opposite side first then as a result if they feel they cannot agree?

At the moment if it's evil then you got the republican's attention.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 4:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
ironpony wrote:

I had been wondering about their focus on the Left's words\plans\actions...Thank you for explaining it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:32 am

Brictoria wrote:
I had been wondering about their focus on the Left's words\plans\actions...Thank you for explaining it.

I pulled that from a Dave Chapelle joke about a Texan producer with a cowboy hat who he described as an "old boy", Dave pitched a movie script where the hero rapes people but at the same time saves lives. According to Dave he pitched it to a female liberal producer who was horrified and scolded him. The Texan republican dude said "Ok boy! you got my attention" :lol:

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 9:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
ironpony wrote:

But since Rittenhouse was trying to prevent his gun from being taken away from him and possibly used on him, it's very grey area isn't, and therefore how does witch side, decide who's side they are on, if it's very grey?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 2:55 am

Well, when Tomi Lahren is warning Fox to step back from treating Mr Rittenhouse like rockstar and is being the "voice of reason" on Fox news you know the MAGA camp have gone bananas

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 3:46 pm

Just putting the final cherry on top of this whole mess:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/man-w ... oids-jail/

Quote:
From the Associated Press . . .

The man who bought Kyle Rittenhouse an assault-style rifle when he was only 17 has agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation, and avoid convictions on the two felonies he’d been facing.

The Journal Sentinel reports Dominick Black, 20, was charged in November 2020 with two counts of delivering a dangerous weapon to a minor, resulting in death. The two counts related to Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, the protesters Rittenhouse fatally shot the night of Aug. 25, 2020, in Kenosha.

Black was 18 when he purchased the rifle for Rittenhouse at a hardware store in Rusk County in May of that year. At 17, Rittenhouse was too young to legally purchase the weapon.

In August 2020, Rittenhouse used the rifle to kill two people and wound a third during protests in Kenosha. In November, a jury found him not guilty, based on his claim of self-defense.

Black was the first prosecution witness at Rittenhouse’s trial, but the status of his own charges were up in the air after Judge Bruce Schroeder agreed to throw out one of the charges against Rittenhouse — that he unlawfully possessed a firearm as a minor. The defense convinced Schroeder that an exception in the law allows 17-year-olds to possess rifles and shotguns, or at least left the law too vague to be enforceable.

On Friday, Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger filed a proposed plea agreement. It suggested Black would plead no contest to a pair of citations, and pay a $2,000 fine, and the felony counts would be dismissed.

A hearing is scheduled Monday morning. Schroeder could reject the deal, or dismiss the original felony counts based on his ruling about the minors-with-firearms law in the Rittenhouse case.

So, a happy ending all around.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 9:06 pm

Why didn't Black make a deal for immunity for anything he said, in exchance for his testimony, as opposed not doing so at all?

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 9:32 pm

The DA used the felony as a tool to induce Black's cooperation, no public statements or assists to the defense, then afterwards dismiss the felony charges.