Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2007, 7:30 pm

how much longer are your ring fingers vs your index fingers? do this test like I did... all you need is a ruler with mm's on it.

here's how I did the test:
1. stick ruler between ring (4th) finger and middle (3rd) finger of non-dominant hand
2. reach, but make sure it doesn't bend. measure this in mm. I got 72.
3. stick ruler between index (2nd) finger and middle finger of non-dominant hand
4. reach, but make sure it doesn't bend. measure this in mm. I got 71.
5. measure the part of the ruler that doesn't have any lines on it in mm to make it more accurate. I got 8.
6. subtract number from #5 from number's 2 and 4. I got 63 and 64.

so there. my index finger may be 1 mm longer although my method is very unscientific... BRING ON THE DATA!! !

I'm male with OCD, and possibly ADHD, Asperger's or schizotypal disorder. Please mention what you have too... it would be nice to get some NT data... so dont shy away if you don't have AS...

psychotic (male/?): 63/64

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 8:32 pm

this theory calims that testosterone lvls during pregnancy are related to autism and causes this finger phenotype

i dunno how much i believe it. i might buy that abnormal testosterone lvls can do that to your fingers, but i doubt there's a single factor that contributes to autism ect

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2007, 9:37 pm

well it seemed very true in the other thread, so let's see what happens...

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 9:56 pm

5mm longer

Phantasmagoric
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2007, 10:03 pm

Erm, this might not work well, as the only supposed NTs here will probably be girlfriends and mothers... which probably think that's bologna, so we don't have any controls for comparison; The girlfriends are most likely girls if this theory is true, :roll: , and are probably to stereotypically NT to regard this as any more than trivial, a la a quiz, or are antiautism, like being those superempathetic ones, and the mothers probably are opposite that, as autism is highly genetic but will be less shown since it has the dominant sex chromosome link to the karotype as Y, even if the chance is heightened, so I don't really know unless this is just a partial test where we are the controls; most likely to use Wrong Planet and the other vital part will be unnoticed in the NT population as significant, like those quizzes they are urged to take in ads for things like a PS3 etc., and will thusly fail unless it's under some big name like "Cure Autism Now," which is against us and therefore would have biased research anyway that regards it as disease and really personally thinks when delving into the personal minds of members that it is not genetic because they're the kind of people; perhaps Evangelicals, that do not really have much of an understanding of evolution or whatever but now I'm just ranting and might come across as mean myself but of what I've seen they aren't very scientific, and just want you to feel sorry for the parents of autistic kids, not thinking about how the autistic child is probably misunderstood and isn't really being noticed for their talents and abilities like focus and spacial skills because they just want money and everything to be "right" in the world, even if it requires helpless little children to be brainwashed by teaches them unneeded skills like chatting instead of things like organizing or programming when they're older, which they might be good at since they might have the thought process suited to that and I know that this has been said before but there's no way for me to abbreviate it and thus needed to explain the reasons why I say certain things, perhaps because people often repeat the questions to these things anyway, unless you submit it to someone like RDOS, with it related to Aspie Quiz or something like that that is well-established so that it can be submitted to scientific organizations not affiliated with charity-like ones like Cure Autism Now, so it won't get sugar-coated for those perpetually crying parents who don't really do anything but try to make their child as normal as possible through harsh ABA therapies and such.

Good luck.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 10:05 pm

mine are equal.... for what it's worth but my fingers are jacked up due to RA when i was younger... so im damaged data

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 10:21 pm

59mm for my index finger
65mm for my ring finger

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 10:26 pm

Quote:
mine are equal.... for what it's worth but my fingers are jacked up due to RA when i was younger... so im damaged data

Whut's RA???

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 10:35 pm

On my left (nondominant) hand my fingers are pretty much the same length (80 mm). However on my right (dominant) hand my index finger is actually 4 mm longer than my ring finger. Does this mean I'm really NT? Or does it mean I'm just a girly man? :( :oops:

Last edited by marshall on 28 Jul 2007, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

28 Jul 2007, 10:36 pm

there the same. what does that mean? :?

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 10:49 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Quote:

Whut's RA???

rhuematoid arthritis

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 10:59 pm

On my left my ring finger looks about the same as my index...maybe a tiny fraction longer.

My index finger is definitely longer on my right hand (dominant hand).

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 11:05 pm

Phantasmagoric wrote:
like "Cure Autism Now," which is against us and therefore would have biased research anyway that regards it as disease

i dont like autism speaks but i also dont like generalizations..... as it does contribute to non-biased good research (i am fully aware that it does attact biased research as well... but autism speaks is one of many that do this... and not just for autism... it's just how the general money-making system works for research)

the more severe something seems... the easier it is to justify funding research for it. that's the sad truth.

researchers rarely see the political bs associated with the (more PC) grants that are available to them...

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 11:19 pm

Quote:
rhuematoid arthritis

oh.

The ratio on one one of my hands is affected by the fact that one of my fingers was broken and not set properly when I was young.
I will have to post the exact measurments later..
My ring is longer than index on both hands...
BUT
the ratio between the two is much larger on Flakey, who's ring fingers are exactly a cm longer on both hands.

I am still confused as to what this information may mean..

does anyone remember the name or link to the test that was posted on this site a while ago that asked people the lengths of their various fingers?

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 11:27 pm

i dunno where it was posted here... but ive read papers on it... it's not a new concept for finding the cause or finding a signal for autism...

it could be circumstantial imo

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 11:44 pm

the ratio:
Index finger 90.8
Ring finger 100.0