Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

20 Nov 2021, 5:34 pm

I have been taking care of my father who has had bladder problems and has a bag but he just went into surgery and will have bag removed Monday, while he was in surgery and I was alone at home I just had a emotional meltdown crying and lightly letting out sounds of sadness by myself and holding onto my dog, I also was thinking back to how I grew up taking care of my mother who had MS and my dog that just passed two years ago, is all of this just part of being on the spectrum or do I have PTSD or trauma from 36 years of stress? I was very scared it all felt like a emotional trip or distorted reality

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2021, 7:04 pm

Aet1985 wrote:
I have been taking care of my father who has had bladder problems and has a bag but he just went into surgery and will have bag removed Monday, while he was in surgery and I was alone at home I just had a emotional meltdown crying and lightly letting out sounds of sadness by myself and holding onto my dog, I also was thinking back to how I grew up taking care of my mother who had MS and my dog that just passed two years ago, is all of this just part of being on the spectrum or do I have PTSD or trauma from 36 years of stress? I was very scared it all felt like a emotional trip or distorted reality
I will note ptsd and trauma don't have to be big things they can also be small things over the period fo years. however, i dont' have enough information to say really anything.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2021, 6:33 am

Hey there. This all sounds like healthy grieving to me. I don't know what your trauma situation is and certainly don't wish to minimise it. The actions you describe sound like healthy processing of emotional stuff. If you can allow yourself to do it and not care about what anyone else might think (They're not around anyway), then it's just good to acknowledge what you're feeling and vent it a bit. I hope things get easier soon.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 6:39 am

Nothing unusual to the human experience. Just your world collapsing in on itself do to the loss or impending loss of two integral figures in your life. Everybody goes through this in some form.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 6:50 am

Aet1985 wrote:

It's not part of being on the spectrum, it's normal to get emotional at these things, even if you're a male. I'm sorry you're going through this. *Hugs*

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 7:21 pm

Aet1985 wrote:
You are completely overwhelmed.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 9:13 pm

I believe what you experienced seems pretty "normal" to me.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:24 am

Aet1985 wrote:

sorry you had this

I rant. or scream when I meltdown

sorry about your dad