Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 4:07 pm

A battle "Royale" is taking place between the two British princess's Meghan and Kate.

Kate Middleton is set to host a Christmas carol concert at Westminster Abbey next week.

The event on December 8 will celebrate "the work of individuals and organisations across the nation who go "above and beyond to support their communities through the pandemic".

And Kensington Palace have confirmed the Christmas concert will air on ITV — a rival commercial network in the UK to the BBC, which recently aired a Meghan Markle/Harry documentary that reportedly angered members of the British royal family.

The show, which examines the relationship between the media and Prince William and Prince Harry, is understood to have angered the palace. It prompted a rare/unusual joint statement from the three royal households — the Queen's Buckingham Palace, Prince Charles' Clarence House and Prince William's Kensington Palace.
https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/kate-m ... 1990a6bd58

I think the more documentaries the ex-royals harry and Meghan participate in, the more their public standing sinks. I think Markle has lost the battle.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 6:34 pm

Every time I see William, Harry or their wives I feel a little more committed to the republican cause.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 12:53 am

I think the royal reputation will remain intact in the UK (the Brits are a stubborn bunch as can be seen by Brexit).

Outside the UK the republican movements are gathering steam.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:31 am

Meh, I find this generation of royals far less interesting. Maybe after Charles becomes king and they're the children, rather than the grandchildren of the monarch. Although I'm halfway expecting Elizabeth to stay on the throne until she's 110.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 3:39 pm

Queen Liz doesn't seem to be going anywhere is she

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:08 pm

What is it with this obsession some folks have with the Royals?

They are just another well-known wealthy family, albeit with noble titles.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
What is it with this obsession some folks have with the Royals?

They are just another well-known wealthy family, albeit with noble titles.

Tell that to the millions in the UK and the millions in the commonwealth. I met an Indian lady in Malaysia back in 1993 who was a "royalist" and subscribed to publications/magazines that kept up with the lifestyles/fashion of the royal family. People envy/copy the royals and little girls dream of being princesses. Buckingham palace is Disneyland for many.