Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 6:52 pm

I wish those sorts of jobs paid more, though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 6:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish those sorts of jobs paid more, though.

Most retail jobs pay very little.. as well as most jobs that are considered "fun," like working in the action-sports industry.

One thing people Could do in those jobs, though, is monitor what items are super collectable and then buy up some supply when they have the opportunity to buy it cheap, hold onto it for a while, and then auction it online on ebay or whatever. Could be a wait to supplement low pay.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 7:42 pm

Your post doesn't specify where you live, but in many states it is an "at will" employer

They can hire anyone they want. There are laws against discrimination but just because you are qualified for the job and they hired someone less qualified than you, doesn't mean it is discrimination

They can fire anyone for any reason, legal or illegal. Unless you win a civil lawsuit against the company, you can't make them do anything

If they don't like you, for any reason or no reason, they could choose not to hire you. That is legal

They might not like you. However not everyone likes the same thing. And you don't have to tell them your hobbies. When job interviewers asked my hobbies, I told them I don't have any hobbies

That was a lot easier than telling them that for over seven years, I went to between one and seven unfamiliar litterboxes per week and took a bowel movement. Also I never told my coworkers my hobby. Not that they asked.

However you only need one job (or two of three jobs, depending on wages and expenses)

Every job is different

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 8:51 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Your post doesn't specify where you live, but in many states it is an "at will" employer

They can hire anyone they want. There are laws against discrimination but just because you are qualified for the job and they hired someone less qualified than you, doesn't mean it is discrimination

They can fire anyone for any reason, legal or illegal. Unless you win a civil lawsuit against the company, you can't make them do anything

If they don't like you, for any reason or no reason, they could choose not to hire you. That is legal

They might not like you. However not everyone likes the same thing. And you don't have to tell them your hobbies. When job interviewers asked my hobbies, I told them I don't have any hobbies

That was a lot easier than telling them that for over seven years, I went to between one and seven unfamiliar litterboxes per week and took a bowel movement. Also I never told my coworkers my hobby. Not that they asked.

However you only need one job (or two of three jobs, depending on wages and expenses)

Every job is different

:lol: :lol: :lol: