Feeling left out during the holidays

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:17 pm

I'm not actually completely left out during the holiday season as I celebrate it with my family and enjoy meeting up with them and having nice meals and games to play afterwards. But I just feel left out because I seem to think people my age or younger spend to time with their friends and girlfriends and boyfriends during those times as well laughing and drinking and having a good time and so on and yet I don't and even when people share pictures on social media of their christmas parties and stuff it leaves me feeling like the only one on my own and to not be a part of that which I feel is expected from people like us in our 20s or 30s it makes it feel like I haven't ''lived'' and that I am missing out. I haven't got close friends who like doing any of the partying that many neuro-typical people enjoy doing, one friend I know is on the severe end of the spectrum and is still into the interests he liked since school such as pokemon, cartoons, and stuff whereas I'm not as much anymore. I don't what is it going to achieve for me if I went to a wild party full of people my age. Am I going to leave there feeling like something in my life has been ''accomplished'' ? And that I won't have to lay awake at night upset about it anymore ?

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:30 pm

I personally feel the holidays are bogus. The year has 365 days yet people (I feel to alleviate their guilt) are nice to others a few days out of the year. Does that mean they can act indifferent the other days?