Page 5 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 8:28 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
I can't stand another four years of right wing Authoritarian Nationalism with a side of Libertarian Economics.

Is wokeism worse? Who cares? It's all equally bad!

What is wrong with the Libertarian economics part though?

Tax cuts for the wealthy! They don't create jobs, they don't guarantee better pay for lower workers, and they don't guarantee that hundreds of workers won't still be fired so that the CEO and the shareholders can rub themselves with even more money.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:38 pm

Well, when people are frustrated about working a lot for very low wage I can see where they're coming from, but minimum wages could also make more companies struggle to operate and even hire workers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
Wokeism is to being Woke what Trumpism is to being Republican.

Woke: The state of being alert to racial prejudice and discrimination, especially in one's self.

Wokeism: A cult-like movement that seeks to silence all of those that disagree with its anti-white racist rhetoric.

It is all well and good to express concern against systemic racism; but to use systemic racism to justify "reverse discrimination" is just plain wrong.

That's actually not bad, though I would add that a primary characteristic of wokeism is the elevation of identity above everything else about and individual; a poor white male born into poverty is always an oppressor and a rich black woman born into wealth is always the oppressed regardless of their personal circumstances in the woke view.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 10:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I have been waiting for a couple of years for somebody giving me one example of how wokeism impacts on their personal lives?

Diogenes.....lantern....

Do you want specific examples, like lost jobs and friendships, or will the generalized atmosphere of fear surrounding the discussion of certain topics suffice?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:29 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I have been waiting for a couple of years for somebody giving me one example of how wokeism impacts on their personal lives?

Diogenes.....lantern....

Do you want specific examples, like lost jobs and friendships, or will the generalized atmosphere of fear surrounding the discussion of certain topics suffice?

You mean getting thrown of discussion boards?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 9:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Likely just a few warnings from the moderators.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 12:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Diogenes.....lantern....

One time at my job, they wanted to do racial sensitivity training and in culture too. Oh no I am so oppressed, how dare they impose this onto us, woke has gone out of control, political correctness has gone out of control. Save me please, help help. :lol:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 12:29 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Well, when people are frustrated about working a lot for very low wage I can see where they're coming from, but minimum wages could also make more companies struggle to operate and even hire workers.

I'm sorry, if landlords can be greedy and use inflation as an excuse, then the businesses can raise their wages for their workers to keep up with inflation.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 12:33 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Is this a hypothetical example, or did it actually happen?  If it happened, can you provide a link?

https://thejewishvoice.com/2022/01/unre ... t-student/

&

Video from the horses mouth.

Seems dubious :scratch:

Is this right wing propaganda to attack the trans community?

Looks like it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 12:41 pm

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Diogenes.....lantern....

One time at my job, they wanted to do racial sensitivity training and in culture too. Oh no I am so oppressed, how dare they impose this onto us, woke has gone out of control, political correctness has gone out of control. Save me please, help help. :lol:

Clearly that's worse than any historic example of injustice. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 1:00 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Diogenes.....lantern....

Two thumbs up. (I'd use an emoji, but I hate those mother f*****s.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 1:05 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Is this a hypothetical example, or did it actually happen?  If it happened, can you provide a link?

&

Looks like it.

Don't know if it's right wing but it does seem like a stealth attack on the trans community or maybe against the extremist side of what you can identify as ( which is usually tiktok kids trolling).

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 2:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:

No, it's like living in a small town where the church controls everything, and constantly looking over your shoulder before you say anything the church might not approve of lest you be socially and professionally ostracized. While I had my restaurant open in Seattle, for example, I saw other local places get boycotted and Yelp bombed over:

Someone made a "did you just assume my gender?" joke years back and somebody re-posted it

The owner's brother made some nasty comments about a local city councilwoman on a call in radio show

A co-owner made a racist joke with a friend over a chat app and someone screen-capped and posted it

A business put in an art installation that was deemed "hostile architecture" because it prevented people from sleeping in front of their shop

That's just a handful off the top of my head for particular industry in a specific town in a short time period that I witnessed personally, the problem is much more widespread than that. It's a chilling effect, you don't know what's going to be deemed offensive tomorrow so you don't open your mouth today.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 3:05 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
Fnord wrote:

&

Looks like it.

I have a question. If someone says they're nonbinary and trans, how does that work? If they are neither male nor female, but they're also trans, what are they transitioning into? I never get an answer to this question. Instead, I get called a bigot. Why would I be a bigot just for expressing a little curiosity?

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 3:08 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

I have a question. If someone says they're nonbinary and trans, how does that work? If they are neither male nor female, but they're also trans, what are they transitioning into? I never get an answer to this question. Instead, I get called a bigot. Why would I be a bigot just for expressing a little curiosity?

You are not a bigot for asking. Hopefully this will explain.

Quote:
Most people – including most transgender people – are either male or female. But some people don't neatly fit into the categories of "man" or "woman," or “male” or “female.” For example, some people have a gender that blends elements of being a man or a woman, or a gender that is different than either male or female. Some people don't identify with any gender. Some people's gender changes over time.

People whose gender is not male or female use many different terms to describe themselves, with non-binary being one of the most common. Other terms include genderqueer, agender, bigender, and more. None of these terms mean exactly the same thing – but all speak to an experience of gender that is not simply male or female.

Quote:
Nonbinary gender has to do with who someone knows themself to be. Some nonbinary people identify as transgender, while others do not.

This may sound confusing, but when laid out, it’s actually very simple. A trans nonbinary person is someone who doesn’t identify with the sex that was assigned at birth (trans) and also has a gender identity that can’t be categorized as exclusively male or female (nonbinary).

A nonbinary person who doesn’t identify as trans may partially identify with the sex assigned at birth, as well as have a gender identity that can’t be categorized as strictly male or female.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 4:08 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

You are not a bigot for asking. Hopefully this will explain.

Quote:
Most people – including most transgender people – are either male or female. But some people don't neatly fit into the categories of "man" or "woman," or “male” or “female.” For example, some people have a gender that blends elements of being a man or a woman, or a gender that is different than either male or female. Some people don't identify with any gender. Some people's gender changes over time.

People whose gender is not male or female use many different terms to describe themselves, with non-binary being one of the most common. Other terms include genderqueer, agender, bigender, and more. None of these terms mean exactly the same thing – but all speak to an experience of gender that is not simply male or female.

Quote:
Nonbinary gender has to do with who someone knows themself to be. Some nonbinary people identify as transgender, while others do not.

This may sound confusing, but when laid out, it’s actually very simple. A trans nonbinary person is someone who doesn’t identify with the sex that was assigned at birth (trans) and also has a gender identity that can’t be categorized as exclusively male or female (nonbinary).

A nonbinary person who doesn’t identify as trans may partially identify with the sex assigned at birth, as well as have a gender identity that can’t be categorized as strictly male or female.

Thanks. Most people on social media are off the rails with this stuff.