Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 9:37 pm

I agree Trump will probably not go to prison. He is skilled at knowing when to stop just short of getting into that much trouble. Everybody keeps expecting he will eventually go too far. Still waiting.

The military might crush any MAGA rebellion, but how much of the military will defect to Trump? It is not like a massive amount has never defected before.

There is a concern about how it would look abroad. After Trump and now Biden we look really bad anyway. See how China and Russia are acting lately.

The high risks described above are very possible. But so much of our problems are related to Presidents being above the law and knowing it. The doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different problem.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 2:22 am

Tross wrote:
If his supporters would like to start a fight with the US military, they're welcome to try. I doubt they would get very far. :roll:

Military? Why would they bother with them, it's Democrats they want to kill, and they're not exactly hard targets.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2022, 1:26 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BlockedAndReported/comments/jw8fgt/poll_when_will_woke_culture_die/

Wokeism will die in the year 2024 with the election of Donald Trump.

Please check back here when Trump gets elected, at that time.

Thanks.

Donald Trump didn't do much to stop the 'woke train' during his last spell as President, so I doubt wokeism will die in 2024, even if he does get elected again.

Or, if we do stop hearing about wokeism, it will most likely be because it has evolved into something even crazier that people have decided to give a different label to.

The labels aren't really that important (liberalism, political correctness, wokeism etc). What people call wokeism today is really just the latest phase in a process that has been going on for decades, at least since the end of the Second World War (if not before), when the victory of the Allies was transformed into a propaganda assault against the traditional Western nation states and the social mores that held them together.

Conservatives have been unable to push back against this assault because they have generally agreed with its premises.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 8:11 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Tross wrote:
If his supporters would like to start a fight with the US military, they're welcome to try. I doubt they would get very far. :roll:

Military? Why would they bother with them, it's Democrats they want to kill, and they're not exactly hard targets.
If they can get into that big building where the Democrats congregate, then sure. The military doesn't exactly support storming government buildings though. If they intend to just kill off Democrats outside of their work hours, then that's just murder. I suppose they could go that route, but that's not going to end well for them either.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:46 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Wokeism will die in the year 2024.

if it ever actually existed at all anyway

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:31 pm

Woke ism is when you become aware of racism and other issues minorities face and recognizing toxic masculinity and misogyny.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Biut the right wing has turned it into a insult but to me, I will never be insulted by the word because I see nothing wrong with it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:37 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Woke ism is when you become aware of racism and other issues minorities face and recognizing toxic masculinity and misogyny.

Biut the right wing has turned it into a insult but to me, I will never be insulted by the word because I see nothing wrong with it.

But then you have Social Justice Warriors on social media who take it to an extreme.

And then you have various media trying to hamfist the agenda and beat you over the head with it.
Superman wants to protest climate change with other protesters when he has superpowers that could END climate change. Do you see what's wrong there? Wokeism destroys compelling stories and characters.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:44 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I don't anybody on the left who doesn't think wokeism has gone to extreme levels. I see it as an over correction for the sins of the past. While well meaning, in the end it's counter-productive. It shuts down conversations that could be far more conducive to meaningful change.

I like to call it linguist authoritarianism. The narrative that only right-wing bigots have a problem with it is just false.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:48 pm

'wokeism' is to 2022 what 'PC gone mad!' was to the 1990's. Its just something for the right wing press to desperately try and terrify its readers over to create a divide.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm

Wokeism is to being Woke what Trumpism is to being Republican.

Woke: The state of being alert to racial prejudice and discrimination, especially in one's self.

Wokeism: A cult-like movement that seeks to silence all of those that disagree with its anti-white racist rhetoric.

It is all well and good to express concern against systemic racism; but to use systemic racism to justify "reverse discrimination" is just plain wrong.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 5:33 pm

League_Girl wrote:

That is how wokeism started and how many supporters see it. That is how organizers are with decreasing success attempting to gaslight opponents. Repeating how I described it earlier in this thread what wokeism is now.

Quote:
Woke is a catch-all term of describing a world view that the United States is at its core is systematically racist and has been since its beginning in 1619. Wokes view people by their groups, specifically if their groups are privileged or oppressed. Privileged or Oppressed groups are based on current and past power dynamics. If you are a member of the privileged group you are automatically a bigot despite your personal circumstance and history. Describing a person as racist is not an insult but a fact based on the privileged group they are in. Wokes view historical figures through the lens of presentism. Saying historical figures are products of their time enables bigotry, they must be judged by current woke standards. It is the job of the wokes to make the privileged as uncomfortable as possible as often as possible until they understand, and cancel those that are irredeemable. It is the duty of the privileged to "do the work" of constantly finding out how they are benefiting from their privilege, enabling their privilege, and doing and saying things to propagate their privilege and racism. Those who do not agree 100% with the woke worldview are showing their fragility.

As far as conservatives and right wingers are concerned they are taking advantage of a political gift given to them.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 6:12 pm

To those who say wokeism is not a problem.

A student identifies as a cat. The substitute teacher is fired for refusing to meow back at him.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:55 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
To those who say wokeism is not a problem.
I agree that wokeism (as I defined above) is a problem.  Being "woke" (again, as I defined above) is not.
Aspiegaming wrote:
A student identifies as a cat. The substitute teacher is fired for refusing to meow back at him.
Is this a hypothetical example, or did it actually happen?  If it happened, can you provide a link?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 8:12 pm

I have been waiting for a couple of years for somebody giving me one example of how wokeism impacts on their personal lives?

Diogenes.....lantern....

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 8:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
Is this a hypothetical example, or did it actually happen?  If it happened, can you provide a link?

https://thejewishvoice.com/2022/01/unre ... t-student/

&

Video from the horses mouth.

Seems dubious :scratch:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 8:17 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I can't stand another four years of right wing Authoritarian Nationalism with a side of Libertarian Economics.

Is wokeism worse? Who cares? It's all equally bad!

What is wrong with the Libertarian economics part though?