cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 6:01 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Gosh...let's see
1. Cuomo resigns as governor to avoid impeachment
2, The biggest faction calling for the impeachment of Cuomo are....drum roll.....the republicans

The GOP has no power in NY state, he was brought down completely by his own party. This is just another data point in the eternal "cyberdad: ignorant or lying?" saga here, though in this case I'd say both as you're lying about your ignorance. Republicans were no doubt happy to see him fall, but they had nothing to do with said fall, that was more like an internal palace coupe, which you'd know if you actually knew anything about how US politics work.

I don't claim to be an expert on US politics but I do notice you are studiously ignoring that
1. Cuomo has been a target of the republican party for many years
2. While democrats have called for his resignation over the embarrassment over his sex scandal the republicans have been calling for his impeachment (I've posted links which you have ignored)
3. His resignation fulfilled the democrats wishes to avoid further embarrassment but the republicans were hoping for criminal charges so that they could drag the democrat party through the mud
4. The criminal charges didn't stick, the only party unhappy about that are the republicans

You seem to be downplaying the power republicans have in NY not to prove any point but purely to interrogate and invalidate my right to post here. Thiis seems to be a pattern with the nature of your posts for some years.

Oh and good job getting two other threads locked with your personal attacks and ranting. Suggest you seek therapy over your anger management issues.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 9:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Gosh...let's see
1. Cuomo resigns as governor to avoid impeachment
2, The biggest faction calling for the impeachment of Cuomo are....drum roll.....the republicans

The GOP has no power in NY state, he was brought down completely by his own party. This is just another data point in the eternal "cyberdad: ignorant or lying?" saga here, though in this case I'd say both as you're lying about your ignorance. Republicans were no doubt happy to see him fall, but they had nothing to do with said fall, that was more like an internal palace coupe, which you'd know if you actually knew anything about how US politics work.

I don't claim to be an expert on US politics but I do notice you are studiously ignoring that
2. While democrats have called for his resignation over the embarrassment over his sex scandal the republicans have been calling for his impeachment (I've posted links which you have ignored)
3. His resignation fulfilled the democrats wishes to avoid further embarrassment but the republicans were hoping for criminal charges so that they could drag the democrat party through the mud
4. The criminal charges didn't stick, the only party unhappy about that are the republicans

You seem to be downplaying the power republicans have in NY not to prove any point but purely to interrogate and invalidate my right to post here. Thiis seems to be a pattern with the nature of your posts for some years.

Oh and good job getting two other threads locked with your personal attacks and ranting. Suggest you seek therapy over your anger management issues.

Democrats (at least for the past decade or so) have been pretty consistent in wanting to clean house of anyone accused of sexual misconduct. That may mean a "win" for Republicans at times, but it's necessary for consistency and ideological reasons.

Criminal charges have a higher bar than civil ones, and are almost always impossible to prove when it comes to misconduct, so it's no surprise they've been dropped.

Do I think some Republicans were gloating when he left office? Sure. But the message to future Democrat office holders stayed the same: watch how you use your power with your staffers.

I only wish Republicans were willing to send the same message to their own elected officials.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 11:07 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Democrats (at least for the past decade or so) have been pretty consistent in wanting to clean house of anyone accused of sexual misconduct. That may mean a "win" for Republicans at times, but it's necessary for consistency and ideological reasons.

The criminal charges were a civil matter involving his accuser which as we know has been dismissed.

Focusing on the democrats, the primary objective was for Cuomo to resign as governor. He did. How did the democrats respond? the chairman of the New York State Democratic Committee who was once a close Cuomo ally. “They went against what we would consider appropriate behavior for our highest elected official in the state. That’s why I think that ultimately he made the right choice in stepping down.” It looks like the democrats got what they wanted (despite a certain individual here claiming the democrats are furious).

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I only wish Republicans were willing to send the same message to their own elected officials.

Are there a bunch of unchecked GOP harassers running around these days? Trump is the only one I can think of off hand at the national level, and though he's a big one, he's also a bit of a special case in that I don't think the party could discipline him if they wanted to, that's kind of his superpower.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 11:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I don't claim to be an expert on US politics

Yes, you do, constantly, even when corrected with citations and evidence to the contrary.

cyberdad wrote:

Doesn't mean they brought him down, as that was done entirely within the NY state Democratic party. If it had been the GOP, he would have gone down for the nursing home deaths and trying to hide them, the sex scandal was a side show.

cyberdad wrote:

Because they were irrelevant, as the NY GOP did not have the power to bring Cuomo down, and did not play a role in his fall. This is a very simple point that you're failing to grasp, that just because someone wants something to happen and then it does, it doesn't mean they were in fact responsible, it's not rocket science.

cyberdad wrote:

Again, it does not matter what the Republicans might have wanted, what matters is what actually happened, which is that the charges were brought by a Democrat.

cyberdad wrote:

They didn't "not stick", they were dropped before going to trial because they were so weak, which the Democrat who filed them fully knew. Once again, it does not matter what the Republicans thought as they had no role in any of this, contrary to your many assertions in this thread. Cuomo's fall was orchestrated by members of his own party, primarily Letitia James, the AG who has clear designs on the governor's mansion, and is more of an internal palace coup than anything, the charges likely having been ordered by James to further tarnish Cuomo and force him out of the party permanently.

cyberdad wrote:

I'm not "downplaying" anything, merely pointing out that the GOP had literally nothing to do with bringing down Andrew Cuomo, an assertion made repeatedly and falsely by you. I'm doing nothing to "invalidate" your "right" to post here, I'm not a mod and don't have any power, I'm pointing out that you're once again making things up and lying rather than admitting your were wrong, and thus should not be trusted, as is customary with liars.

cyberdad wrote:

Hah, talk to your uncommonly aggressive friend about that, he's the common denominator in all of those locks.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 2:17 am

Dox47 wrote:
I'm not "downplaying" anything, merely pointing out that the GOP had literally nothing to do with bringing down Andrew Cuomo, an assertion made repeatedly and falsely by you. .

Really?
https://www.news10.com/news/new-york-re ... stigation/

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 2:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I'm not "downplaying" anything, merely pointing out that the GOP had literally nothing to do with bringing down Andrew Cuomo, an assertion made repeatedly and falsely by you. .

Really?

There you go again, obviously only going by the title of an article, rather than its content. Do you expect everyone else to only just read the title and go no further? Why do you keep doing this? Are you trolling or what? There needs to be an explanation.

‐-------------------
The top Democrats on Capitol Hill are calling for Cuomo to step down.

On Tuesday, President Joe Biden also called for Cuomo’s resignation.

Local lawmakers call for resignation or impeachment of Gov. Cuomo
“The reported actions of the governor were profoundly disturbing, inappropriate and completely unacceptable,” Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said.

Schumer announced he and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) stand by the investigation’s findings.

“I continue to believe the governor should resign… As I said, I continue to believe that he should resign,” Schumer said.

AG James says Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women
Other New York Congressional Democrats, including Jerry Nadler, Brian Higgins, Mondaire Jones, Carolyn Maloney, Grace Meng, and Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez say Cuomo should leave office “for the good of New York State.”

Republicans are also calling for Cuomo’s resignation. Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) said the governor should never consider himself above the law.

“He has committed sexual harassment as well as retaliation. That is illegal in New York state. It is illegal federally and he needs to be held accountable. If we don’t have equal justice under the law, we start to lose our country,” Stefanik said.

President Biden on Cuomo: ‘I think he should resign’
Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) said the governor won’t be able to do his job.

“I don’t think this guy is capable of governing. I haven’t thought from day one but particularly now, he’s so compromised,” Tenney said.

Lawmakers say if Cuomo doesn’t resign, the New York State Assembly must begin impeachment proceedings.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

© 1998 - 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:29 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Republicans are also calling for Cuomo’s resignation. Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) said the governor should never consider himself above the law.

So what exactly is the problem that I am saying republicans wanted him to resign and be impeached. I am merely stating the truth?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

So what exactly is the problem that I am saying republicans wanted him to resign and be impeached. I am merely stating the truth?

Dox47 said: I'm not "downplaying" anything, merely pointing out that the GOP had literally nothing to do with bringing down Andrew Cuomo, an assertion made repeatedly and falsely by you. .

And you challenged that with: Really?

Which is an article that shows the GOP had virtually nothing to do with bringing Cuomo down.

Now that your answering a question with a question has answered, how about answering my question?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:47 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Dox47 said: I'm not "downplaying" anything, merely pointing out that the GOP had literally nothing to do with bringing down Andrew Cuomo, an assertion made repeatedly and falsely by you. .

Which is an article that shows the GOP had little if anything to do with bringing Cuomo down.

Now that the obvious has been answered, how about answering my question?

I am contesting the claim the GOP had nothing to do with Cuomo's resignation or the criminal charges (which have been dismissed).

I have provided links to show the GOP have been going after Cuomo's head since 2013 to get him impeached. To claim the GOP are suddenly his "friends" is absurd. They also wanted Cuomo to also face criminal charges and impeachment not because they cared about his victims (I'm pretty sure they don't). They only wanted to further embarrass the democrats.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Which is an article that shows the GOP had little if anything to do with bringing Cuomo down.

Now that the obvious has been answered, how about answering my question?

I am contesting the claim the GOP had nothing to do with Cuomo's resignation or the criminal charges (which have been dismissed).

I have provided links to show the GOP have been going after Cuomo's head since 2013 to get him impeached. To claim the GOP are suddenly his "friends" is absurd. They also wanted Cuomo to also face criminal charges and impeachment not because they cared about his victims (I'm pretty sure they don't). They only wanted to further embarrass the democrats.

The GOP rattled and screamed because it made a good talking point, but they never had a weapon that could cross the distance.

The GOP rattles and screams about all the high recognition Democrats.

I know some of these arguments you get into may seem like picking hairs, but in politics and law precision and accuracy are important. You should be more careful with your writing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:05 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I know some of these arguments you get into may seem like picking hairs, but in politics and law precision and accuracy are important. You should be more careful with your writing.

Except of course for the politicians themselves who have the luxury of completely missing the mark. I'll let it pass.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:16 am

cyberdad wrote:

You originally claimed that it was "the MAGAs" somehow got the charges filed:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=403016#p8948014
cyberdad wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Note: I'm not laughing at his victims, I'm giggling at the MAGAs who vested so much effort into the charges).

Now you're ducking the question, lying about what you originally said, posting links that don't say what you claim and then whining when people call you out on it, and otherwise doing all the things that make you one of the prime vectors of toxic misinformation on this site. All you had to say was "oh, guess I was misinformed, my bad" and then walk away, but no, you've got to beclown yourself in public yet again rather than admit to not knowing what you were talking about.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:17 am

DW_a_mom wrote:

You're being too nice, he's been doing this for a decade, he's lost any benefit of the doubt at this point.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Except of course for the politicians themselves who have the luxury of completely missing the mark. I'll let it pass.

I'm going to let it pass as well. Aggravating as it is, you obviously can't help it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 6:38 am

I've passed on commenting on this topic, in any case I think some of my responses have been removed in some other threads which might be a forewarning for some of you to give up your pitbull imitations.