Have any NTs said "you drive me insane"?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KMCIURA
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2022, 8:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
unless they're cussin' me out, people in general don't wanna talk to me. so i guess i must radiate some vibes that, even without anything emitting from my gob, still make them feel stressed somehow. btw, if somebody asked me [they never have] "do these [article of revealing clothing] make my butt look big?" i'd tell 'em something along the lines of "they make your butt look extra bootylicious and bootyful!" :bounce: :bounce:

I envy you. Stranger approach me all the time, asking for directions or some other stupid thing they would figure out on their own if they would look around or use a magic device called smartphone they all have in their hands... Or old people in the buses or even on the streets, they are the worst. So often try to get me into small talk, especially if I am with my kid (she's pretty adorable kid). I know that they are often lonely and seek contact with other people, so I try to be friendly, but I cannot stop wishing that they would just f*ck off. Cashiers at the stores, too, always want to go into some kind of small talk or throw some nonsense jokes.

That's one reason why I steer away from doing shopping in smaller shops around my neighbourhood and would rather go to a big mall with self-checkout stations. Even though I do not drive because of my epilepsy - I would rather walk 2km in one direction and then do the same, but with heavy bags in my hands, than suffer this nonsense of wasting time on meaningless interaction with people whose only role in my life is to provide me a service of putting groceries over a scanner.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 8:11 pm

KMCIURA wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
unless they're cussin' me out, people in general don't wanna talk to me. so i guess i must radiate some vibes that, even without anything emitting from my gob, still make them feel stressed somehow. btw, if somebody asked me [they never have] "do these [article of revealing clothing] make my butt look big?" i'd tell 'em something along the lines of "they make your butt look extra bootylicious and bootyful!" :bounce: :bounce:

I envy you. Stranger approach me all the time, asking for directions or some other stupid thing they would figure out on their own if they would look around or use a magic device called smartphone they all have in their hands... Or old people in the buses or even on the streets, they are the worst. So often try to get me into small talk, especially if I am with my kid (she's pretty adorable kid). I know that they are often lonely and seek contact with other people, so I try to be friendly, but I cannot stop wishing that they would just f*ck off. Cashiers at the stores, too, always want to go into some kind of small talk or throw some nonsense jokes.

That's one reason why I steer away from doing shopping in smaller shops around my neighbourhood and would rather go to a big mall with self-checkout stations. Even though I do not drive because of my epilepsy - I would rather walk 2km in one direction and then do the same, but with heavy bags in my hands, than suffer this nonsense of wasting time on meaningless interaction with people whose only role in my life is to provide me a service of putting groceries over a scanner.

Oh wow! do you at least smile? please be a little more pleasant, at least for your daughter's sake as she will be picking up your anti-social traits.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 8:48 pm

KMCIURA wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i guess i'm the opposite, i'm a sociable aspie who loves amiably chatting with folks that would chat with me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 8:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
KMCIURA wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i guess i'm the opposite, i'm a sociable aspie who loves amiably chatting with folks that would chat with me.

I'm also amiable to chat with anyone who reciprocates or looks/comes across as pleasant

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
KMCIURA wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I'm also amiable to chat with anyone who reciprocates or looks/comes across as pleasant

increasingly, the country parts of amuuurica have adopted the ice-cold unfriendliness of the big cities, strangers don't chat anymore, by and large. in my small town, there is still some bonhomie but it is disappearing with the older generations.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
increasingly, the country parts of amuuurica have adopted the ice-cold unfriendliness of the big cities, strangers don't chat anymore, by and large. in my small town, there is still some bonhomie but it is disappearing with the older generations.

Yes and COVID19 has provided an excuse for my neighbors to be more unfriendly to me than they usually are.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes and COVID19 has provided an excuse for my neighbors to be more unfriendly to me than they usually are.

it is downright diabolical how good people are disappearing left and right, leaving behind the mean and crafty ones. these feel like the end times to me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it is downright diabolical how good people are disappearing left and right, leaving behind the mean and crafty ones. these feel like the end times to me.

Yes, it's the age of Karens. The receptionist at my daughter's music school told me one of the mothers who lives in a massive three story mansion and drives a $300000 Tesla is enjoying the lockdown because she gets to not have to interact with peasants outside of her gated community who come and doorknock or pass by her street. She seemed to be sincerely pleased.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes, it's the age of Karens. The receptionist at my daughter's music school told me one of the mothers who lives in a massive three story mansion and drives a $300000 Tesla is enjoying the lockdown because she gets to not have to interact with peasants outside of her gated community who come and doorknock or pass by her street. She seemed to be sincerely pleased.

at the end of their lives they will find out that god is not mocked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I think a lot of the wealthy compartmentalise their dissonance over their beliefs and their religious/spiritual aspirations.
For all I know this woman probably thinks heaven looks like a paradise where one needs private membership like a country club.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I think a lot of the wealthy compartmentalise their dissonance over their beliefs and their religious/spiritual aspirations.
For all I know this woman probably thinks heaven looks like a paradise where one needs private membership like a country club.

she doubtless would think she is among the elect that have exclusive access to heaven, and that the rest of us will burn in hell forever, a prospect which would bring a smile to her face. antisocial types are so boring, they are so similar.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
My mom not only says this to me, but also to my NT sister.

Our mom has a tendency to exaggerate and it's so annoying! :x

That's just mums in general. They love talking to their kids.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious, but understandable enough. :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 1:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
My mom not only says this to me, but also to my NT sister.

Our mom has a tendency to exaggerate and it's so annoying! :x

That's just mums in general. They love talking to their kids.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious, but understandable enough. :lol:

Oh, well Mums like to exaggerate to their kids, but I mean't it in a positive way because they love them and sometimes stretch the truth :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 1:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
antisocial types are so boring, they are so similar.

I don;t think its so much "antisocial" as much as "selective" over whom they consider "worthy". I've seen plenty of aspiring "petit bourgeois" who don't smile and give a condescending look and aren't exactly rolling in money themselves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 1:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don;t think its so much "antisocial" as much as "selective" over whom they consider "worthy". I've seen plenty of aspiring "petit bourgeois" who don't smile and give a condescending look and aren't exactly rolling in money themselves.

i guess a better term would be "dissocial" in that they stick to their own kind and everybody else is an outsider.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 1:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i guess a better term would be "dissocial" in that they stick to their own kind and everybody else is an outsider.

Yeah and whom they consider their "own kind" varies.