Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:55 am

Could be an interesting few days ahead. A handful of his MP's have called on him to resign, various journalists reporting that small groups of MP's have met to discuss submitting letters of no confidence to the 1922, and today Raab publicly said "He would normally, if it's not corrected, if it's lying, and deliberate... if it's not corrected immediately, it would normally, under the ministerial code and the governance around Parliament, be a resigning matter" amd Sunak, while saying he supports the PM, said "the ministerial code is clear on these matters" when asked about the PM possibly being found lying to the HoC

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm

Liz Truss says she is standing right behind the Prime Minister… probably with a big knife in her hand.

He’s doomed…

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:53 pm

Dominic Cummings confirms he is handing over evidence to Sue Grey for her enquiry :lol:

I can't stand Cummings and wish he would just go away somewhere, but there is no doubt he is dragging out his revenge plan in what must feel like a quite delicious way

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 12:56 pm

Cummings bears a most astonishing grudge. Rather unseemly imo… he should give it up.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 10:08 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Dominic Cummings confirms he is handing over evidence to Sue Grey for her enquiry :lol:

I can't stand Cummings and wish he would just go away somewhere, but there is no doubt he is dragging out his revenge plan in what must feel like a quite delicious way

He's no friend of mine either, being partly responsible for Boris' rise to power in the first place, but if he's now helping to get rid of Boris, for whatever reason, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. My only fear is that they'll replace Boris with somebody who won't be as unpopular next time there's an election, and we'll have another 5 years of the Tories as the price to pay for the satisfaction of kicking the odious right-wing populist out.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 8:37 am

Many in the conservative and Labour Party are EU remainers or remoaners.

They lost out on their very highly paid EU jobs that they usually go to after uk politics, when the UK left.

They can’t forgive him so will go out of their way to destroy him.

You can include the mainstream media in there too

- George Bernie Shaw

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 10:16 am

carlos55 wrote:

I don't know what he did to threaten the mainstream media's money. Last thing the press barons want is to let in a left-wing government that might start redistributing their wealth. And their professed disapproval of Boris' Partygate antics isn't universal by any means:

ADDITIONAL:
The Daily Mail's sympathy-wringing headline about poor Boris and his Dear Wife's baby being stricken by Covid has very little founding in fact. All that's known for sure is that an unnamed member of his family has tested positive. Boris-friendly media bias at its most blatant.

Last edited by ToughDiamond on 20 Jan 2022, 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Jan 2022, 11:59 am

carlos55 wrote:
Many in the conservative and Labour Party are EU remainers or remoaners.

They lost out on their very highly paid EU jobs that they usually go to after uk politics, when the UK left.

There are not many highly-paid EU jobs out there for former MPs! Much better opportunities in the private sector - see Osborne or Patterson for examples.