Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:42 pm

I’m starting to focus on eating healthier. I’ve noticed when I watch workout and diet videos (think of the “that girl” aesthetic videos) and due to past events I ask my mom “is this healthy?” and I force myself to exercise to where I burn over 400 calories out of my 1,500 calorie allowance.

I also question my appearance. I usually have good body image and have gone down almost one shirt size but I question myself and say, “if I had a 20” to 23” inch waist would I be healthy and perfect?”. I read that not all women are meant to have a flat stomach and people have denied that and made me feel like crap.

I also feel self conscious when I eat. If I treat myself to a salad at Subway or a small sundae at Cold Stone, I get disappointed and feel like a total failure. Could this be orthorexia?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 4:15 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I’m starting to focus on eating healthier. I’ve noticed when I watch workout and diet videos (think of the “that girl” aesthetic videos) and due to past events I ask my mom “is this healthy?” and I force myself to exercise to where I burn over 400 calories out of my 1,500 calorie allowance.

I also question my appearance. I usually have good body image and have gone down almost one shirt size but I question myself and say, “if I had a 20” to 23” inch waist would I be healthy and perfect?”. I read that not all women are meant to have a flat stomach and people have denied that and made me feel like crap.

I also feel self conscious when I eat. If I treat myself to a salad at Subway or a small sundae at Cold Stone, I get disappointed and feel like a total failure. Could this be orthorexia?

Unfortunately I can't tell over the internet but it becomes an issue when it starts to effect your life. If you are finding this is causing significant anxiety/distress and interfering with your life then it would be a really bad issue. The fact you are worried though is concerning. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.