Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 25 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 10:49 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that Donald Trump was the best president that America's ever had.

And a handy and accurate gage for determining how good he was (and may be again :twisted: ) is how much the left hates him. I'm actually being sincere.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 11:59 am

Raptor wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

And a handy and accurate gage for determining how good he was (and may be again :twisted: ) is how much the left hates him. I'm actually being sincere.

While on this issue I align with them their judgement has little credibility with me. I partially blame them for the Trump phenomenon. They certainly have not earned my taking their feelings into account in while making my political decisions. Even they are starting to realize it. Why do you think they chose a dyed in the wool conservative to lead the January 6th committee?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 10:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Raptor wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I partially blame them for the Trump phenomenon.

I've always believed that he was a monster of their own creation.
They unwittingly paved his way to the white house.

Quote:
Even they are starting to realize it.

I know :lol:
You can tell by the not so thinly veiled panic. I don't see this Jan 6 dog & pony show really going anywhere, or not as far as they hope. I'm just not feeling this outrage among the American people over this so called "insurrection". Like myself, I don't think most of them are being bothered to watch the proceedings.
People aren't as blind as the left would have us believe.

For what it's worth, it's my belief that if the right doesn't see some serious wins in the upcoming midterms and in '24 it will be all the proof they will need that the '20 election was rigged. As I said before, it doesn't have to be true if enough people believe it. Just let things go where they're going to go from there.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 12:11 pm

Many westerners are incapable of seeing the developing world as anything except as a supply of raw materials and cheap labour and a place to outsource where the worst of their pollution is generated. We like when their labour reduces the costs of our lives but god forbid they start consuming even half as much animal protein.

We're not as far past the colonial mentality as we'd like to think, at least based on how we act and it undermines our moral authority when lecturing the rest of the world, even if (hypothetically) we're both correct and acting purely in good faith while offering that advice. It's unlikely either of those hypotheticals are true in any consistent manner.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 1:49 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Many westerners are incapable of seeing the developing world as anything except as a supply of raw materials and cheap labour and a place to outsource where the worst of their pollution is generated. We like when their labour reduces the costs of our lives but god forbid they start consuming even half as much animal protein.

We're not as far past the colonial mentality as we'd like to think, at least based on how we act and it undermines our moral authority when lecturing the rest of the world, even if (hypothetically) we're both correct and acting purely in good faith while offering that advice. It's unlikely either of those hypotheticals are true in any consistent manner.

I honestly think that much of our quality of life comes from buying stuff from the developing world for less than what it's worth.

Yet who would be willing to give up their quality of life?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 4:47 am

My controversial belief is that speeding is not taken seriously enough.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:00 am

The left-wing movement around the first world should have focused on China.
Otherwise, the improvement of all labor rights and interests will only lead to the shift of the industrial chain to China.
For the left, the direction of the struggle for China's actual needs has been distracted by the deliberate propaganda of capitalism.

However, the fertility crisis in China has led to the transfer of the intensive labor rights marsh land to India or Southeast Asia.
The future development remains to be seen.

The real harm of CCP lies in the use of strong control power to combine transnational capital and domestic capital to create lowlands of labor rights and interests, thereby harming the proletariat all over the world. (of course, the first victims are workers in China)

Such as "Communist evil empire" and "military threat from East Asians" are just means for the bourgeoisie to transfer contradictions and divide the proletariat.

CCP and USA tacitly pretended that PRC was a far left country, which effectively prevented the international Left-wing Movement from going to the place where it was most needed.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 13 Jul 2022, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:08 am

Even from the viewpoint of a confirmed right-winger who's studied history-----how can Trump be said to be our "greatest" President? In reality, he did very little, except be a figurehead Tweeter-in-Chief. And what he did was always negative---such as banning Muslims from seven countries from entering the United States.

Theodore Roosevelt......compared to DONALD TRUMP????

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:19 am

The chairman of the Select Committee is a liberal Democrat. The Vice-Chairperson, Liz Cheney, is a conservative Republican.

I wish there were more Republicans on the Committee, frankly....

I don't dislike Trump because he's a Republican. I dislike him because he is a "party" onto himself.....

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:01 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I honestly think that much of our quality of life comes from buying stuff from the developing world for less than what it's worth.

Agreed, it's part of the trick that's allowed a lot of what's unfolded in the west to unfold and it also essentially makes us parasites.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:05 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Texas is notably lax in this regard, isn't it? Both in terms of high speed limits and minimal enforcement, no?

Ontario is lax with enforcement but the speed limits are pretty low. I'm pretty sure there's highways in Texas where the speed limit is so high I'd lose my car driving that speed on a similar highway in Ontario (140 km/h/85 mph).

I'm not saying I've never driven that fast on a public road, but I'm not sure it's wise to have traffic moving at that pace unless it's a freeway designed for it or it's always a very low density.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:43 pm

I believe the speed limit on most Interstates in Texas is 75. There might be isolated places where it's 80 or 85.

In New York State, the maximum speed limit is 65 mph. In NYC, it's 50 mph, even on highways.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 3:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Agreed, it's part of the trick that's allowed a lot of what's unfolded in the west to unfold and it also essentially makes us parasites.

In the opposite sense, this also means that China as a whole cannot become a "developed country".
A potential parasite that is too large to find a host.

But this does not mean that internal exploitation does not exist.
Some Chinese who have been to the West are proud of China's fast and cheap delivery or other low-priced manual services, so that they will forget that some of their compatriots who serve them are also human.
(But I'm not sure if I really have stand to blame them. I didn't offer extra payment or organize any workers' movement.)

Class, not nationality.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 4:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Texas is notably lax in this regard, isn't it? Both in terms of high speed limits and minimal enforcement, no?

Ontario is lax with enforcement but the speed limits are pretty low. I'm pretty sure there's highways in Texas where the speed limit is so high I'd lose my car driving that speed on a similar highway in Ontario (140 km/h/85 mph).

I'm not saying I've never driven that fast on a public road, but I'm not sure it's wise to have traffic moving at that pace unless it's a freeway designed for it or it's always a very low density.

Most of the highways have a 75mph speed limit.I-10 and I-20 get to 80 in some parts and we do have a toll road with a 85 mph hour limit.I think a big reason why speeding is such a big part of our culture is because Texas is so big.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 2:33 pm

I think that Joe Biden should be impeached.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 3:03 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that Joe Biden should be impeached.

Any reason, or just because?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う