What's the most Based Opinion You've ever heard?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ihavestandardsjust
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: A place that makes Westminster during Rush Hour seem Pleasant.

20 Jan 2022, 1:40 am

What's the most Based Opinion that You've ever heard someone say to you, or in your earshot Etc...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 1:45 am

What IS a "based" opinion?

Do you mean "biased" opinion (and did you misspell it twice?)?

Or do you mean "based"?

If so then explain to us all what you mean by "based".

Ihavestandardsjust

Location: A place that makes Westminster during Rush Hour seem Pleasant.

20 Jan 2022, 1:49 am

naturalplastic wrote:
What IS a "based" opinion?

Do you mean "biased" opinion (and did you misspell it twice?)?

Or do you mean "based"?

If so then explain to us all what you mean by "based".
It's an Internet Slang word. This should cover the Bases (no pun intended) of what it means: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=based

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 12:29 pm

So... if based means the opposite of biased, an opinion would never be "based", because opinions are always biased. And I could go on forever about the most biased opinions I've heard of.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 12:35 pm

63...and uses the term 'based' :? ....I know what it means. That's zoomer slang. Shouldn't you stick to boomer slang? I'm a millennial btw.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 1:48 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 2:16 am

theprisoner wrote:
63...and uses the term 'based' :? ....I know what it means. That's zoomer slang. Shouldn't you stick to boomer slang? I'm a millennial btw.

"Sixty three" is the number of posts he has made. Not his age. His age isnt showing on his profile. :roll:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 4:44 am

theprisoner wrote:

Generational slang policing is very cringe.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 4:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:

That show was unfathomably based, off the charts levels that couldn't be replicated by anything made today.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 4:58 am

naturalplastic wrote:
"Sixty three" is the number of posts he has made. Not his age. His age isnt showing on his profile. :roll:

LOL. I see now. My Bad.

Dox47 wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

Generational slang policing is very cringe.

Using the term cringe now, may I see your ID? Good sir.

Dox47 wrote:
That show was unfathomably based, off the charts levels that couldn't be replicated by anything made today.

Back then, it was just known as some dope ass sh1t. I watched it. Boondocks. Amusing. Even Hella Amusing.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 4:58 am

Actually, this is a better representation of a based clip, as it's presenting a harsh truth that many people are afraid to say but secretly agree with and doing it with style:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 5:11 am

theprisoner wrote:
Back then, it was just known as some dope ass sh1t. I watched it. Boondocks. Amusing. Even Hella Amusing.

That's not quite right meaning wise, based isn't a synonym for cool or dope or sweet, it's more of a hard truth spoken honestly without a care for what other people will think of you for saying it. The Boondocks was funny and clever because it had great jokes and writing, what made it based was that it said things other shows would have been afraid to, like pointing out the self destructive elements of black culture (the fact that they got actual rappers to voice their ridiculous rapper characters was an inspired touch), showing Anne Coulter and Al Sharpton (they didn't use his name, but it was clearly him) as friends conspiring to drive media controversy for views and money, the depiction of BET, etc. It was that fearlessness that made the show based, you could say the same for Chappelle's Show from around the same period, no one else would have touched that material.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 5:15 am

So Richard Pryor was retroactively based. But Back then , based meant basehead, freebasing, Something he was into incidentally. I prefer not to apply current day slang retroactively, I personally find that cringe.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 5:27 am

God, what an awkward way of phrasing things. And I'm happy to sound like a boring old man here :). I don't really get this generation who (rightfully) complains about student loans, while trying to sound as illiterate as possible. When the standard of eloquence is, "Hey, remember when the Holocaust was a thing?" we have a problem.

My own biased opinion, based on enjoying those with a skill for rhetoric.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 8:21 pm

HighLlama wrote:
God, what an awkward way of phrasing things. And I'm happy to sound like a boring old man here :). I don't really get this generation who (rightfully) complains about student loans, while trying to sound as illiterate as possible. When the standard of eloquence is, "Hey, remember when the Holocaust was a thing?" we have a problem.

Eh, to me it sounds more like you're failing to realize that language is not fossilized in amber and does change over time organically, someone employing current slang isn't conveying a lack of literacy, but rather a fluency with a different dialect, much like how black English is not simply poor English but simply a slightly different set of grammatical rules and expressions. Also like black English, most people who use modern slang are able to code switch and use both standard English and more casual versions when appropriate, it's a skill.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 12:03 pm

Dox47 wrote:
HighLlama wrote:

Eh, to me it sounds more like you're failing to realize that language is not fossilized in amber and does change over time organically, someone employing current slang isn't conveying a lack of literacy, but rather a fluency with a different dialect, much like how black English is not simply poor English but simply a slightly different set of grammatical rules and expressions. Also like black English, most people who use modern slang are able to code switch and use both standard English and more casual versions when appropriate, it's a skill.

Yeah, it's not like I can have a preference for certain phrasing over others. I'm failing to notice language changes. Thank you.