Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 6:46 pm

I recently joined a postcard exchange and I really like it, so i thought some folks here might also benefit from or enjoy it.

https://www.postcrossing.com/

Happy writing! :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 6:52 pm

It would be nice to send real postcards but not online ones as it is not the same.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 9:51 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
It would be nice to send real postcards but not online ones as it is not the same.

That is true.

I don't know many people irl who would send postcards, so I am sending them to strangers now :lol:

I think online cards are called "e-cards"? Not sure....

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 9:52 pm

Is irl short for girl? Is it a missprint?

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 9:56 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

irl = in real life (basically not on the internet, out in the real world). In this case, someone I know in person, face to face.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 9:59 pm

irl…in real life

When I had a darkroom, I was a member of a group postcard exchanges of photos we crafted. There were around 60 people in the exchange and you received some fantastic photos from around the world. If was fun and when I finally land someplace, I’ll rejoin.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 10:00 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

irl = in real life (basically not on the internet, out in the real world). In this case, someone I know in person, face to face.

Àh. Ok.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 10:01 pm

txfz1 wrote:
irl…in real life

When I had a darkroom, I was a member of a group postcard exchanges of photos we crafted. There were around 60 people in the exchange and you received some fantastic photos from around the world. If was fun and when I finally land someplace, I’ll rejoin.

That sounds amazing :heart:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 10:05 pm

txfz1 wrote:
irl…in real life

Are you in a plane?

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 10:17 pm

No, I travel and have no real homebase.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 10:19 pm

Ah. Ok.