What Noise Does "Good" Sound Like?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 3:29 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Both Audis did weird fuel economy. Both did around 35mpg. The second one I really tested on this as fuel lasted a six day commuting week where I worked. One week I would hardly touch the accelerator with a full tank of fuel and tried my best to get the best fuel economy until the fuel tank was into the red. 35mpg. The next week I floored it everywhere I went for the whole week until the fuel gauge went into the red and still exactly 35mpg. I did this every week for seven months switching back and fore and always 35mpg, so in the end I didn't bother trying to economize with that car! Weird!

Fuel economy is weird. People who are careful can get similar fuel economy numbers in a Corvette that I get in my Honda, but I tend to spend a lot of time in higher RPMs meanwhile you can lug a Corvette around in 4th gear all day barely spinning faster than idle.

When my dad's Ranger got written-off the rental they gave him was a full-sized Silverado. The Ranger weighs about 2/3rds what that Silverado weighs, the Silverado never got worse fuel economy than the smaller truck.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 4:30 pm

How about:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 4:33 pm

Something that either tickles the hearing, relaxes me more or makes me fall asleep better.

It can be either worth focusing over or not. It's just more than comfortable as opposed to just catchy.

And, just doesn't contribute to background layers of sensory weight.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.