A giant list of Christian affirming churches

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 5:18 am

Also, when the state intervenes in every capitalist endeavour, it might as well be communism.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 5:39 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I guess I should have “enquired” with a PM—but thanks.

I was fine with the question, Kraftie. Do not worry about my perception. But Fnord is a stricter Christian, it seems.

This was a necessary conversation -that was necessary to have in public. Nothing to apologize for.

I kept getting confused myself as to what gender, and orientation Blitz is. Man? Woman? Trans M-F, trans F-M, and which orientation, or whatever. So I am glad you asked in public because now I finnally GOT it!

So its...M to F trans, but sexually attracted to women.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 5:48 am

Barchan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So much "Christian" mythology has arisen that is not supported by the Bible that it is no wonder organized Christianity is as screwed up as it is.[/color]

As a religion-nerd, Christianity honestly fascinates me. It's like three different religions stacked on top of each other in a trenchcoat made out of Jesus fanfiction (astighfirullah)

Christianity could be viewed as a hybrid of Judaism and Zorastrianism. So thats two religions.

Where do you get "three"?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 2:18 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Okay, if you want to be pedantic...

Russia is still on a whole, very communist. Denying that is buying into propaganda. Just because the USSR has fallen, does not mean Russia has ceased to operate from the core of a communist ideology.

During the 10 years or so after the fall of the Soviet Union, Russia transitioned to a mixed economy, with a lot of privatization. See the Britannica article on the economy of Russia, for example. If you think this article is wrong, please provide evidence.

blitzkrieg wrote:
They are a less powerful communist country today, but if they had the chance, they would rebuild the USSR.

I agree that Putin clearly does want to rebuild the USSR -- but only in terms of territory, not as the communist country it once was.

blitzkrieg wrote:
Technically, China has an economy that is full-on capitalism - i.e, state controlled capitalism (not free market capitalism). But its entire governmental structure is communist, and there is only one political party that can be elected in China - The Chinese Communist party.

Yep, still an authoritarian one-party state. But, given the actual nature of China's economy, the CCP is communist in name only.

blitzkrieg wrote:
Please don't try to correct me when you are wrong.

Please don't expect not to be corrected, or at least asked for evidence, when you make claims contrary to well-known facts.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 2:28 pm

I belong to the Anglican Church / Church of England. My church is very old and traditional in terms of scripture and architecture. They are still accepting. I wouldn't go otherwise.

We have a woman bishop, and several women rectors / ministers. They've always been LGBTQ+ affirming, with gay parishoners and gay weddings. I don't know of any trans people in the congregation but they're surely welcome. This isn't meant to be any type of publicity stunt. The Bible's message is to care for all people, and to accept all people. They would be hypocritical not to practise what they preach (literally).

Our (woman) rector recently retired and was replaced by a gay man, who is married to a man. They both work as chaplains in the corrections system, and in mental health services.

It's also a very diverse and multicultural community, with leadership opportunities for serving and volunteering around the world.

I've never witnessed or experienced any bigotry or exclusion in the church, their social media, or elsewhere.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 3:48 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I belong to the Anglican Church / Church of England. My church is very old and traditional in terms of scripture and architecture. They are still accepting. I wouldn't go otherwise.

We have a woman bishop, and several women rectors / ministers. They've always been LGBTQ+ affirming, with gay parishoners and gay weddings. I don't know of any trans people in the congregation but they're surely welcome. This isn't meant to be any type of publicity stunt. The Bible's message is to care for all people, and to accept all people. They would be hypocritical not to practise what they preach (literally).

Our (woman) rector recently retired and was replaced by a gay man, who is married to a man. They both work as chaplains in the corrections system, and in mental health services.

It's also a very diverse and multicultural community, with leadership opportunities for serving and volunteering around the world.

I've never witnessed or experienced any bigotry or exclusion in the church, their social media, or elsewhere.

This is similar to my experiences in modern, United Kingdom churches. Experienced pastors with years of experience - more than anybody in the room will sit with the people and will allow people to go up on stage as if the people are in control - and pastors will listen to whatever people say.

It is certainly not a publicity stunt for Christians to talk about being Christian.

Christians can be stuck in their ways, or they can even be bigoted at times, but in my opinion they are the most open-minded people imaginable.

Many United States churches are still catching up with this trend.