Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 195 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 1:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
the brave Ukrainian army

Making their forbearers from the 1940s proud, they do a mean goose step too...

Goosestepping was introduced into Ukrainian military culture via the Russian Empire. :wink:

Despite your insinuations it long predates little moustache.

I'm sure their version of the swastika would bring a tear to Zelensky's eyes given his Jewish background.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 1:47 am

Quote:
Some Ukrainian Jewish people support and serve in the Azov Regiment. A 2018 BBC report gave the example of one of its most prominent members, co-founder Nathan Khazin, a leader of the "Jewish hundreds" during the 2013 Euromaidan protests in Kyiv. Khazin and his supporters in the regiment often display the flag of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army with a Star of David added onto it. Jewish-Ukrainian billionaire Ihor Kolomoyskyi was the main source of Azov's funding before it was incorporated into the National Guard.

In 2022, in a commentary published by the Center of Civil Liberties, antisemitism researcher Vyacheslav Likhachev said that despite Mariupol's fairly large Jewish community, there had not been any incidents between members of the Azov Regiment and the Jewish community since 2014. Colborne's June interview with Haaretz included mention that the Azov Battalion and the entire Azov movement are almost completely untainted by antisemitism. He said that not only for Azov, but for all the far-right movements in Ukraine, especially since 2014, antisemitism has lost its importance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Brig ... tisemitism

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 7:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Quote:
Some Ukrainian Jewish people support and serve in the Azov Regiment. A 2018 BBC report gave the example of one of its most prominent members, co-founder Nathan Khazin, a leader of the "Jewish hundreds" during the 2013 Euromaidan protests in Kyiv. Khazin and his supporters in the regiment often display the flag of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army with a Star of David added onto it. Jewish-Ukrainian billionaire Ihor Kolomoyskyi was the main source of Azov's funding before it was incorporated into the National Guard.

In 2022, in a commentary published by the Center of Civil Liberties, antisemitism researcher Vyacheslav Likhachev said that despite Mariupol's fairly large Jewish community, there had not been any incidents between members of the Azov Regiment and the Jewish community since 2014. Colborne's June interview with Haaretz included mention that the Azov Battalion and the entire Azov movement are almost completely untainted by antisemitism. He said that not only for Azov, but for all the far-right movements in Ukraine, especially since 2014, antisemitism has lost its importance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Brig ... tisemitism

Wait! are you trying to sanitise this army militia?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 8:05 pm

Copied from the above link by Funeralempire"
In 2022, in a commentary published by the Center of Civil Liberties, antisemitism researcher Vyacheslav Likhachev said that despite Mariupol's fairly large Jewish community, there had not been any incidents between members of the Azov Regiment and the Jewish community since 2014.[173] Colborne's June interview with Haaretz included mention that the Azov Battalion and the entire Azov movement are almost completely untainted by antisemitism. He said that not only for Azov, but for all the far-right movements in Ukraine, especially since 2014, antisemitism has lost its importance.

Kinda interesting , the very last sentence .From the above . Honestly ,does it take a Huge War ,Russia / Ukraine.etc.
For people to Get the idea that there is something much more Important than """Anti -Semetism"". Like being able to live where you are, in Peace ..etc ..? And this did not occur to people until 2014 .? :|

where ever you go ,there you are

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 3:53 pm

Zelenskyy fires more aides in a reshuffle as Russia launches drones and missiles across Ukraine

Quote:
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy dismissed a longtime aide and several advisers on Saturday in a continuing reshuffle while Russia unleashed fresh attacks overnight.

Zelenskyy dismissed top aide Serhiy Shefir from his post of first assistant, where he had served since 2019. The Ukrainian president also let go three advisers, and two presidential representatives overseeing volunteer activities and soldiers’ rights.

No explanation was given immediately for the latest changes in a wide-reaching personnel shakeup over recent months. It included the dismissal on Tuesday of Oleksii Danilov, who served as secretary of the National Security and Defense Council, and Valerii Zaluzhnyi as head of the armed forces on Feb. 8. He was appointed Ukraine’s ambassador to the United Kingdom earlier this month.

Ukraine’s air force said Saturday that Russia launched 12 Shahed drones overnight, nine of which were shot down, and fired four missiles into eastern Ukraine.

Russia unleashed a barrage of 38 missiles, 75 airstrikes and 98 attacks from multiple rocket launchers over the last 24 hours, Ukraine’s armed forces said in social media posts.

Ukrainian energy company Centrenergo announced Saturday that the Zmiiv Thermal Power Plant, one of the largest thermal power plants in the eastern Kharkiv region, was completely destroyed following Russian shelling last week. Power outage schedules were still in place for around 120,000 people in the region, where 700,000 people had lost electricity after the plant was hit on March 22.

Russia has escalated its attacks on Ukrainian energy infrastructure in recent days, causing significant damage in several regions.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm

I've liked Russia since I was a kid and saw Cold War era films from back when Hollywood was enamored with Russia; so IDK, I will be glad when the glorious Military Industrial Complex stops trying to start WW3 and finds another Vietnam to test weapons in and then companies can stop openly discriminating against the Russian people again.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 12:04 am

Hollywood warps reality.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 12:12 am

I would feel more sympathetic towards Russia if it wasn't for the fact that they were trying to nuke my country by proxy during the Cuban Missle Crisis. How quickly the United States of Amnesia seems to forget that.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 12:14 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Hollywood warps reality.

Indeed it does, however it is humorous how they loved Russia back when it was an atheistic state, but now it's one of the last few Christian nations on the planet they're full of hatred for Russia like they hated America then as well.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 12:26 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Hollywood warps reality.

Indeed it does, however it is humorous how they loved Russia back when it was an atheistic state, but now it's one of the last few Christian nations on the planet they're full of hatred for Russia like they hated America then as well.

I think a lot of people in the West, especially young people, are starting to hate Christianity because they realize it's always been an oppressive religion run by hateful hypocrites worshipping a genocidal "loving" god.

As for Russia being a true "Christian" nation, that's a laugh seeing how their great church leader is nothing but a propagandist for that tyrant Putin.

Russia's branch of Christianity is just as corrupt as my country with all the American idiots declaring that a wicked sinful bastard like Trump was "Chosen by God". f*****g idiots all of them...

I hope if my country goes down in flames we drag Russia to hell with us.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 12:51 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
...genocidal ...

... f*****g idiots all of them...

I hope if my country goes down in flames we drag Russia to hell with us.

Yeah... okay then. -_-

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 1:22 am

Yeah, sorry but not sorry. I'm on Ukraine's side in all this. Especially since Russia is actively trying to sabotage my country with Donald Trump who is clearly a Russian asset for Putin.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:40 am

And so the Industrial Military Global corp. gets to control the politicians ( controls,government,controls media)
So ideally if this group of Corporations can maintain the status quo ..And breed HATE on such a level that it is going on
on a individuals lifes basis , This religion vs that ,This minority vs the other., Wealthy despizing poor, this culture vs that culture .. etc...They will always maintain the advantage / control, over the rest of the humans . And we will go on and on hating each other....And So the story never ends. :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 4:49 pm

Something about Russian soldiers trying to defect, and having nowhere to go.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... oon%20Wire

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 8:28 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Hollywood warps reality.

Who are these folks who "loved Russia" during Cold War? I grew up in the Cold War era and never heard from any. The fringe far left would apologize for the USSR. But never the mainstream media.

Whats "humorous" is how the religious right hated Russia when Russia had atheism as a tenet of its Marxist ideology, but now LOVE Russia because its current regime exploits the Eastern Orthodox faith (and plays off the different Orthodox patriarchs against each other for its own secular power) just because the American Religous Right is afraid of both Islamism and of secularism...and views Putin's current exploitation and crass alliance with Russian Orthodoxy as a bulwark against both.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 9:04 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Hollywood warps reality.

Who are these folks who "loved Russia" during Cold War? I grew up in the Cold War era and never heard from any. The fringe far left would apologize for the USSR. But never the mainstream media.

Whats "humorous" is how the religious right hated Russia when Russia had atheism as a tenet of its Marxist ideology, but now LOVE Russia because its current regime exploits the Eastern Orthodox faith (and plays off the different Orthodox patriarchs against each other for its own secular power) just because the American Religous Right is afraid of both Islamism and of secularism...and views Putin's current exploitation and crass alliance with Russian Orthodoxy as a bulwark against both.

I totally agree that, at no point in my lifetime did anybody love Russia i.e. the Soviet Union, although some other régimes in the Soviet orbit did get love e.g. Cuba, North Vietnam, and Salvador Allende Gossens' Chile. But ironically, some e.g. Tulsi Gabbard and Julian Assange seem to love Russia nowadays.