Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 196 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 5:55 pm

I'm sure there's always been a few tankies and useful idiots around before my generation who loved the USSR and their "Worker's Paradise!! !!" (Whatever that really means. :roll: ).

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 7:39 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I'm sure there's always been a few tankies and useful idiots around before my generation who loved the USSR and their "Worker's Paradise!! ! !" (Whatever that really means. :roll: ).

Well there was Pierre Elliott Trudeau, PM of Canada, who had a hard on for Fidel Castro.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/respect-and-affection-tie-the-trudeau-family-quebec-and-fidel-castro/article33065701/

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 7:51 pm

MaxE wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I'm sure there's always been a few tankies and useful idiots around before my generation who loved the USSR and their "Worker's Paradise!! ! !" (Whatever that really means. :roll: ).

Well there was Pierre Elliott Trudeau, PM of Canada, who had a hard on for Fidel Castro.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/respect-and-affection-tie-the-trudeau-family-quebec-and-fidel-castro/article33065701/

Yeah I remember reading about that.

Ironic isnt it? Canada claims to be more lgbtq-friendly than their southern neighbors and yet many of them praise a cigar-chomping homophobic dictator who locked homosexuals up in concentration camps to be tortured and sometimes killed.

But hey? He was an enemy of the US at least. I'm sure that's all that really mattered in the end. :roll:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 1:06 pm

Apparrently the Russians love Marjorie Taylor Greene now...

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/world/wh ... reappshare

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... digvid.cnn

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 1:48 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Yeah I remember reading about that.

Ironic isnt it? Canada claims to be more lgbtq-friendly than their southern neighbors and yet many of them praise a cigar-chomping homophobic dictator who locked homosexuals up in concentration camps to be tortured and sometimes killed.

But hey? He was an enemy of the US at least. I'm sure that's all that really mattered in the end. :roll:

For what it's worth, it's likely that western liberals contributed to why Cuba now has gay marriage.

Quote:
Cuba was the first independent nation in the Caribbean, the first communist state, the fourth country in North America, the eighth in Latin America, and the 32nd in the world to legalize same-sex marriage.

Even if it's ultimately just pinkwashing, it's still a vast improvement for the people it impacts.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 2:01 pm

I'm glad that they have improved gay rights in Cuba so I'll give them that.

My country has at least tried to do the same, and even when homosexuals and transgender people were treated as second class citizens at least they were never put in concentration camps.

But now we have idiots and psychos in the GOP (like Marjorie Taylor Greene) trying to strip us of all our rights and punish us for existing again. So... yeah. We can't win for losing. 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards as they say. :|

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 3:19 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

My country has at least tried to do the same, and even when homosexuals and transgender people were treated as second class citizens at least they were never put in concentration camps.

But now we have idiots and psychos in the GOP (like Marjorie Taylor Greene) trying to strip us of all our rights and punish us for existing again. So... yeah. We can't win for losing. 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards as they say. :|

Makes you wonder , who or what kind of people are supporting his political campaigns ..??? :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 3:45 pm

Jakki wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Makes you wonder , who or what kind of people are supporting his political campaigns ..??? :skull:

Russian Assets and Useful Idiots. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm

That would be a genious move on the Part of the Russians to build dissent in the country , irony is, that our country recruited so many people in Southern Hemisphere Countries .To sow dissent in those countries, making them ripe for revolution ... So our more secret orgs. in the USA , can pop up a political candidate that would either be more inclined
to US interests, or a Outright Puppet dictatorship... ( It is how the game seems to be Played) as part of our dear modern world ..? Maybe an assasination here or there? by hired spy/ Mercanaries. Potential Good Leaders disappear.
In favour of their revolutionary puppet dictator. And perhaps it is farther reaching that just the Southern Hemisphere?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm

Jakki wrote:
That would be a genious move on the Part of the Russians to build dissent in the country , irony is, that our country recruited so many people in Southern Hemisphere Countries .To sow dissent in those countries, making them ripe for revolution ... So our more secret orgs. in the USA , can pop up a political candidate that would either be more inclined
to US interests, or a Outright Puppet dictatorship... ( It is how the game seems to be Played) as part of our dear modern world ..? Maybe an assasination here or there? by hired spy/ Mercanaries. Potential Good Leaders disappear.
In favour of their revolutionary puppet dictator. And perhaps it is farther reaching that just the Southern Hemisphere?

Pretty much. I think that Americans are getting a taste of what we've been doing to other countries for many years now. :?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 5:42 pm

Thae Great Dawning of the Information age, probably makes this pribably Easier for competing countries.? :|